IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 27

BCFC_Josh

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Funny how you claim to deal in facts, and yet earlier you were quite happy to make the entirely fictional claim that myself and others were “disappointed we won today” - and you didn’t have the decency to retract it when it was proven otherwise.

Firstly, I cant be assed to troll back through your posts, secondly if I did a tally of those that want LJ out, and those that have ripped right into the performance today, I'm sure they would add right up.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Firstly, I cant be assed to troll back through your posts, secondly if I did a tally of those that want LJ out, and those that have ripped right into the performance today, I'm sure they would add right up.

But you haven't. Your posts lack all credibility I'm sorry to say.  It's perfectly possible to want City to win every game they play and to believe that Lee Johnson has had his time and needs to be replaced. Just as it was to believe that Tony Pulis should go. Its also possible to have that opinion without having had an 'agenda' against Lee dating from when he played for us.

Your assertion that there are posters - 'the vast amount' of LJ's critics - on here who want City to lose has been thoroughly debunked. You then disappear for a few hours and come back and repeat the same nonsense. It's pitiful.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

@Up The City!‘s “genuine fans” comment was aimed primarily at myself and @Fordy62 - based on the entirely inaccurate claim that our continued reservations about LJ’s management meant we wanted the team to lose today.

It might be true of others, but it certainly isn’t true of me.

Completely agree. I feel a change of coaching is necessary but was still delighted with the win as 99.9% would have been. 

But it’s certainly true that there’s a small minority who would have rather we lost so they could revel in the negativity. Every club has those sorts.

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Utter shite ... every City fan is happy when we win - what a crass and insulting comment ...

So you @BRISTOL86 reacted to this with a smug ‘shit’ emoji - so you obviously believe that City fans are not happy when we win? What colour is the sky on the planet on which you reside? You really believe Bristol City fans are gutted that we won a game? Who  do you think you are? Genuinely, what makes you believe that trash?! 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Completely agree. I feel a change of coaching is necessary but was still delighted with the win as 99.9% would have been. 

But it’s certainly true that there’s a small minority who would have rather we lost so they could revel in the negativity. Every club has those sorts.

Rubbish ...

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My only issue with that argument is that it is used by others to brand everyone who questions Lee Johnson's performance as 'fickle' or failing in some way to be a 'genuine' fan - both words used on posts by others this evening. Personally I'm looking forward to revelling in success when City beat the Shrews and Liverpool in the coming weeks...I don't revel in my mild despair that we have a man who appears to be out of his depth in charge at the moment...

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hilarious. Only positive comments allowed! It’s not “One Team in North Korea” mate.

Also love how you claim to represent a majority. I guess every recent poll on here indicating at least 2/3rds now want LJ to go are an inconvenient fact for you?

Yes and the loons at Labour thought they would win the vote of the people too. 

The loons on here don't represent the majority of Bristol City fans either.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you @BRISTOL86 reacted to this with a smug ‘shit’ emoji - so you obviously believe that City fans are not happy when we win? What colour is the sky on the planet on which you reside? You really believe Bristol City fans are gutted that we won a game? Who  do you think you are? Genuinely, what makes you believe that trash?! 

Rubbish ...

As per usual you’re selectively partially quoting me or reading your own agenda into what I post. 

What I said is that there are people who won’t be happy. I didn’t say all people. Or even the majority. In fact as I made abundantly clear, it’s a tiny minority who revel in negativity. Every club has them.

And if you say that’s untrue you’re deluded.

But let’s call it out for what it is, I could say the world is round or the sky is blue and you’d find a way to disagree so let’s leave it there. 

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

My only issue with that argument is that it is used by others to brand everyone who questions Lee Johnson's performance as 'fickle' or failing in some way to be a 'genuine' fan - both words used on posts by others this evening. Personally I'm looking forward to revelling in success when City beat the Shrews and Liverpool in the coming weeks...I don't revel in my mild despair that we have a man who appears to be out of his depth in charge at the moment...

Absolutely it is, but no different to the other side who brandish any kind of positive thought or praise for good work as ‘happy clapping’. Works both ways whichever side of the fence we come down on. 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

I wont bother replying to anything else you said because of this nonsense you have added on the end. Who the hell are you to be criticising when I log on to Otib? 

I'm sorry to conclude that you won't reply to the substance of my post because you can't deny that it is perfectly possible to want City to win every game they play and to believe that Lee Johnson has had his time and needs to be replaced. That's undeniable. When you posted earlier that there were posters who wanted City to lose you were asked for examples...you came up with none. You then repeat the same nonsense hours later. If you post contentious opinions you ought to be able to back them up, in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agreed. Think there’s two groups - the first group who’d rather we lost in a ‘greater good’ type of way so that LJ being sacked becomes more likely. Think that’s an acceptable point of view, I must admit I’ve felt like that before - Millen vs Blackpool before he was sacked. 

There’s a second group who definitely seem to revel in negativity on here. Always the first to start LJ out topics with almost gleeful enthusiasm and haste.

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Might as well knock the forum on the head then, if all it should be is a vehicle for the ‘happy clappers’ to regale each other with gushing praise of all the club does.

Not sure why some take it so personally, I cannot comment on today’s game, didn’t see it, (although the stats aren’t good, but stats don’t win games or score points), I have come to the conclusion on the games that I have seen, that the football on offer is not in the style or to the level that I like to watch, I am unconvinced that LJ will be able to bring that about, so it’s probably time for him to go.

Now, that doesn’t mean I have to denigrate anyone who thinks he will lead us to the promised land, that his stewardship of the team is one of an improving nature and there is more to come, I just don’t see it and surely that’s why the forum exists, for us to debate these things, good and bad, positive and negative.  If (when) LJ does leave, whether that be sacked, by mutual consent, end of contract or poached, then we will have all this again, as there will be not a chance everyone will agree on a successor, whenever that is.

The fact that some don't share elation with a win, any win but instead prefer to elaborate on the negatives is frankly bizzare, LJ is a good coach, and if you look at all the other coaches in this league he is probably up their with the best. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. Think there’s two groups - the first group who’d rather we lost in a ‘greater good’ type of way so that LJ being sacked becomes more likely. Think that’s an acceptable point of view, I must admit I’ve felt like that before - Millen vs Blackpool before he was sacked. 

There’s a second group who definitely seem to revel in negativity on here. Always the first to start LJ out topics with almost gleeful enthusiasm and haste.

Bullshit. Absolute shite. Utter rubbish. Who do you think you are etc etc. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As per usual you’re selectively partially quoting me or reading your own agenda into what I post. 

What I said is that there are people who won’t be happy. I didn’t say all people. Or even the majority. In fact as I made abundantly clear, it’s a tiny minority who revel in negativity. Every club has them.

And if you say that’s untrue you’re deluded.

But let’s call it out for what it is, I could say the world is round or the sky is blue and you’d find a way to disagree so let’s leave it there. 

Absolutely it is, but no different to the other side who brandish any kind of positive thought or praise for good work as ‘happy clapping’. Works both ways whichever side of the fence we come down on. 

Well I try to rise above that! ?

Although LJ does seem to have a very devoted fan club!

• Admin
1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

The fact that some don't share elation with a win, any win but instead prefer to elaborate on the negatives is frankly bizzare, LJ is a good coach, and if you look at all the other coaches in this league he is probably up their with the best. 

In your opinion, not mine and many others, the football we witness is testament to that, it’s dull, boring and looks like it has no plan, no structure or definition.  If you are happy with that, then fair enough, I like some excitement in the game and that has been sadly lacking.

Interesting debate on R5 earlier on, with some professional pundits saying that things go stale and Managers need to move on, you obviously don’t think that applies here, but I and many others do.  I doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon, so we’ll see who is right, but that doesn’t and shouldn’t stop discussion on the state of the team and coaching staff (good, bad or indifferent).

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What?! You fiend! Definitely not a genuine supporter...

Much as I doubt him I'm nowhere near that stage with LJ, yet, I quite like him even though I doubt on a regular basis and tip over into apoplectic rage on occasions. I think he's the wrong man for the job, got it too early in his career. But still have a hope that I am wrong...

...Millen was a bit useless though!

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

What?! You fiend! Definitely not a genuine supporter...

Much as I doubt him I'm nowhere near that stage with LJ, yet, I quite like him even though I doubt on a regular basis and tip over into apoplectic rage on occasions. I think he's the wrong man for the job, got it too early in his career. But still have a hope that I am wrong...

...Millen was a bit useless though!

Yeah I felt Millen had to go ASAP, I was fairly sure he’d go after Blackpool if I remember correctly, so wasn’t exactly devastated we’d lost.  Totally for utilitarian reasons though.

I can understand why some might feel this about Johnson, it’s the ones who seem to revel in the negativity and almost enjoy it that I find odd. 

18 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

The loons on here don't represent the majority of Bristol City fans either.

Putting the Loons to one side, I would agree that this forum in no way whatsoever represents the majority of Bristol City fans.

Its ludicrous to think otherwise imo.

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

In your opinion, not mine and many others, the football we witness is testament to that, it’s dull, boring and looks like it has no plan, no structure or definition.  If you are happy with that, then fair enough, I like some excitement in the game and that has been sadly lacking.

Interesting debate on R5 earlier on, with some professional pundits saying that things go stale and Managers need to move on, you obviously don’t think that applies here, but I and many others do.  I doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon, so we’ll see who is right, but that doesn’t and shouldn’t stop discussion on the state of the team and coaching staff (good, bad or indifferent).

For me I'm not fussed about away performances, away games are tricky and it's all about coming back home unbeaten from an away game. I'm of the train of thought, draw your away games and win your home games and come the end of the season you'll be up near the top. 

Home performances are of a concern to me, I want to be entertained every other week. I dislike how we set up not to lose at home when I want to see us on the front foot. 

This debate seems to be coming up a lot lately, I've heard it a few times myself on various media outlets. The general consensus is that 3 years is enough, the message the manager is trying to deliver gets watered down, training is the same each week etc etc. It takes a certain type of manager to be able to stay at a club for a long period and deliver sustained success year after year. 

I dont think LJ is a bad manager/coach, we cant argue with where we are and the year on year improvements in placement. But I do think it has gone stale and for that reason I'd like to see someone new come in with fresh ideas and to generally lift the mood around the place.

50 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Hows this for debunked?

In eight successive seasons in the Premier League, between 2005 and 2013, during which they won the FA Cup, Wigan attracted an average home attendance of 18,622 to their 25,000-capacity stadium.

Guess that means you post questionable trash too...

Many a time I remember watching Wigan games when they were in the prem and seeing swathes of empty seats. Higher crowds than us yes, but on average 7000 empty seats in the prem isnt good!

I deal in facts, not dreams, not myths, I'll leave that to you!!!!

You don’t deal in facts, you deal in dreams and myths - this is boring, but here we go again ... between 2005 and 2013 Wigan Athletic FC attracted, on average, 6% of its population to home games ... Bristol City FC is currently enjoying its best home attendances for many, many, many years, and we are attracting 3.5% of our population to home games (back in 2005 it was more like 1.5%)  ... Wigan Athletic has better home support, in real terms, than Bristol City - and that’s before the debate about all the huge football clubs that exist and are situated very near Wigan that undoubtedly attract support from their town ... we don’t have huge football clubs anywhere near Bristol ... you are wrong ... again ...

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

For me I'm not fussed about away performances, away games are tricky and it's all about coming back home unbeaten from an away game. I'm of the train of thought, draw your away games and win your home games and come the end of the season you'll be up near the top. 

Home performances are of a concern to me, I want to be entertained every other week. I dislike how we set up not to lose at home when I want to see us on the front foot. 

This debate seems to be coming up a lot lately, I've heard it a few times myself on various media outlets. The general consensus is that 3 years is enough, the message the manager is trying to deliver gets watered down, training is the same each week etc etc. It takes a certain type of manager to be able to stay at a club for a long period and deliver sustained success year after year. 

I dont think LJ is a bad manager/coach, we cant argue with where we are and the year on year improvements in placement. But I do think it has gone stale and for that reason I'd like to see someone new come in with fresh ideas and to generally lift the mood around the place.

Ah...now I understand why you can't deny that it is perfectly possible to want City to win every game they play and to believe that Lee Johnson has had his time and needs to be replaced...because that's your own opinion! Fair enough. Join the club. But I'd suggest that you can't then presume that others thinking the same way as you want the club to lose or aren't genuine supporters. 

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You don’t deal in facts, you deal in dreams and myths - this is boring, but here we go again ... between 2005 and 2013 Wigan Athletic FC attracted, on average, 6% of its population to home games ... Bristol City FC is currently enjoying its best home attendances for many, many, many years, and we are attracting 3.5% of our population to home games ... Wigan Athletic has better home support, in real terms, than Bristol City - and that’s before the debate about all the huge football clubs that exist and are situated very near Wigan that undoubtedly attract support from their town ... we don’t have huge football clubs anywhere near Bristol ... you are wrong ... again ...

What dreams are they then? I certainly dont dream about Wigan Athletic and their attendances...

You are going off on a tangent there. You are changing the parameters to suit your own arguement. Who actually uses a places population when discussing attendances? That's the first time I've ever heard that one!! Cerrainly a new one for me! 

What was it that I originally said? A very short line about how Wigan had low crowds in the premier league, and that was that. 

So let's get back to the facts shall we? Between 2005 and 2013, Premier League Wigan Athletic had on average circa 7000 empty for each home game. FACTS. 

Bristol City have never been in the Premier League in it's current form. FACT. You are comparing a sides attendances in the Premier league with a side in the Championship. FACT. Apples and pears is that. 

Bristol has a population of roughly 500k depending on what you choose to include. Using that we would need to attract 30k per week in the Premier League to match Wigans % of population and we would easily do that in the prem, no doubt about it. 

My original post was therefore factually correct and all you are doing is trying to twist things and change the parameters because you have been proven wrong.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

What dreams are they then? I certainly dont dream about Wigan Athletic and their attendances...

You are going off on a tangent there. You are changing the parameters to suit your own arguement. Who actually uses a places population when discussing attendances? That's the first time I've ever heard that one!! Cerrainly a new one for me! 

What was it that I originally said? A very short line about how Wigan had low crowds in the premier league, and that was that. 

So let's get back to the facts shall we? Between 2005 and 2013, Premier League Wigan Athletic had on average circa 7000 empty for each home game. FACTS. 

Bristol City have never been in the Premier League in it's current form. FACT. You are comparing a sides attendances in the Premier league with a side in the Championship. FACT. Apples and pears is that. 

My original post was therefore factually correct and all you are doing is trying to twist things and change the parameters because you have been proven wrong.

Population figures are entirely relevant when discussing attendances at football matches - if you think that is “certainly a new one...” for you then you obviously haven’t been on here for very long - eg Burnley FC often attracts 24% of its population to home games, whereas Bristol City FC often attracts between 1.5% and 3.5% of its population to home games ... and you can’t see why that is relevant and why Burnley FC has bigger support than our club regardless of which division the clubs are in?! If Bristol City FC reached the premier league we’d probably achieve attracting up to 5% of our population to home games, still way less than Wigan and Burnley ... bet you still don’t ‘get it’ ...

17 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Bristol has a population of roughly 500k depending on what you choose to include. Using that we would need to attract 30k per week in the Premier League to match Wigans % of population and we would easily do that in the prem, no doubt about it. 

How could we attract “30k per week in the premier league” with a stadium that has a capacity of less than 27k ?!!!!!

Archived