IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 27

BCFC_Josh

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Possibly because the stadium could be extended ?

Just a thought.

It wouldn’t be though, just under 27k is more than enough for the premier league, what do you think crowds would be versus, say, Bournemouth, Brighton, Watford, West Brom, Southampton, Fulham, Sheff Utd, Brentford ... granted not all those are currently PL clubs, but they will be soon ... and way before we will be!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Population figures are entirely relevant when discussing attendances at football matches - if you think that is “certainly a new one...” for you then you obviously haven’t been on here for very long - eg Burnley FC often attracts 24% of its population to home games, whereas Bristol City FC often attracts between 1.5% and 3.5% of its population to home games ... and you can’t see why that is relevant and why Burnley FC has bigger support than our club regardless of which division the clubs are in?! If Bristol City FC reached the premier league we’d probably achieve attracting up to 5% of our population to home games, still way less than Wigan and Burnley ... bet you still don’t ‘get it’ ...

It is totally irelevant when my original comment was that "Wigan had low crowds in the prem" which is factually correct no matter how you try and twist and skew the argument because and I'll repeat it again, they had 7000 empty seats for games in the prem. If you refuse to accept that and accept that that classes as a low crowd then please refrain from quoting me again.

Using your own parameters, your own logic, which sounds like gas logic, the New York Giants are only supported by 1% of the population of New York. See how easy it is to bend and twist things to suit an arguement? That's exactly what you are doing by using using small clubs from small towns. 

Percentage of population is entirely irrelevant, the only figure that counts and I'll quote it once again, is bums on seats of which Wigan had 7000 seats without bums on them per home game on average.

I'm not the one that's not getting it here and I'm not the one that continues to ignore all the facts I have presented to you. I'm not the one changing parameters and digging myself into a whole. 

Burnley a bigger club than the Giants whatever next ???

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

It is totally irelevant when my original comment was that "Wigan had low crowds in the prem" which is factually correct no matter how you try and twist and skew the argument because and I'll repeat it again, they had 7000 empty seats for games in the prem. If you refuse to accept that and accept that that classes as a low crowd then please refrain from quoting me again.

Using your own parameters, your own logic, which sounds like gas logic, the New York Giants are only supported by 1% of the population of New York. See how easy it is to bend and twist things to suit an arguement? That's exactly what you are doing by using using small clubs from small towns. 

Percentage of population is entirely irrelevant, the only figure that counts and I'll quote it once again, is bums on seats of which Wigan had 7000 seats without bums on them per home game on average.

I'm not the one that's not getting it here and I'm not the one that continues to ignore all the facts I have presented to you. I'm not the one changing parameters and digging myself into a whole. 

Burnley a bigger club than the Giants whatever next ???

Wigan don’t, and didn’t, get low crowds - it’s a small town with a small population and their football club competes for crowds with a hugely successful rugby league club and lots of bigger football clubs very close to Wigan - they punch above their weight and attract bigger crowds than many other clubs (in real terms) despite their challenging circumstances - you just don’t get it, and that’s fine - good night ..

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It wouldn’t be though, just under 27k is more than enough for the premier league, what do you think crowds would be versus, say, Bournemouth, Brighton, Watford, West Brom, Southampton, Fulham, Sheff Utd, Brentford ... granted not all those are currently PL clubs, but they will be soon ... and way before we will be!

Maybe not, but for Liverpool, Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs etc etc the absolute very least we would sell if we had the seats would be 35k. No doubt about it. 40k wouldn't be put of reach either.

What will happen is people buy season tickets to secure a seat for those big games so whilst there may not be 35k against Burnley, 35k tickets for the Burney game would be sold.

Maybe not, but for Liverpool, Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs etc etc the absolute very least we would sell if we had the seats would be 35k. No doubt about it. 40k wouldn't be put of reach either.

What will happen is people buy season tickets to secure a seat for those big games so whilst there may not be 35k against Burnley, 35k tickets for the Burney game would be sold.

.... yet our capacity is less than 27k ...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wigan don’t, and didn’t, get low crowds - it’s a small town with a small population and their football club competes for crowds with a hugely successful rugby league club and lots of bigger football clubs very close to Wigan - they punch above their weight and attract bigger crowds than many other clubs (in real terms) despite their challenging circumstances - you just don’t get it, and that’s fine - good night ..

They had 7000 empty seats on average per premier league game. You would imagine games against United they would have sold out, I presume so that actually makes their attendances look even poorer when they played the unfashionable teams, out of interest, what was their attendance today? 9k?

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.... yet our capacity is less than 27k ...

I'm pretty sure you're on a wind up now, good night, god bless you, enjoy your dreams of Wigan Athletic.

But fyi the South Stand has been built to accommodate another tier on top. FACT. the Dolman could be replaced, FACT, the Atyeo could potentially be replaced, NOT A FACT.

They had 7000 empty seats on average per premier league game. You would imagine games against United they would have sold out, I presume so that actually makes their attendances look even poorer when they played the unfashionable teams, out of interest, what was their attendance today? 9k?

Around 6% to 7% of Wigan’s population turn up for games - you just don’t get it that some towns and cities are smaller than Bristol and they are surrounded by huge football clubs and the number of people from their localities who turn up is very impressive ... Wigan Athletic FC has better support than our club in real terms - get over it ..

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Around 6% to 7% of Wigan’s population turn up for games - you just don’t get it that some towns and cities are smaller than Bristol and they are surrounded by huge football clubs and the number of people from their localities who turn up is very impressive ... Wigan Athletic FC has better support than our club in real terms - get over it ..

You clearly want to have this debate so let's go for it.

Using your population parameters as a guide to how big a football club is, we would need to have a stadium of 125k to be a big club like Burnley right? Barcelona would need a stadium that seats ONE MILLION AND TWO HUNDRED AND FIFETY THOUSAND before they could be considered a huge well supported club like Burney. 

Wigan and Burnley are shit holes, there is nothing there of any note. If I lived in Burney or Wigan, I'd crawl over broken glass and walk over hot coals just to go to a game. In Bristol there is 4 professional sports teams. There is an endless amount of activities to do in Bristol and its surrounding areas. Many many people play sports themselves on a weekend. Do I really need to carry on?

You have cherry picked a parameter to suit your arguement. You could probably find a small town that has a good rugby following and then using your own gas logic say that that club has better support than Bristol Rugby and therefore are a bigger club than the Bears 

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You clearly want to have this debate so let's go for it.

Using your population parameters as a guide to how big a football club is, we would need to have a stadium of 125k to be a big club like Burnley right? Barcelona would need a stadium that seats ONE MILLION AND TWO HUNDRED AND FIFETY THOUSAND before they could be considered a huge club like Burney. 

Wigan and Burnley are shit holes, there is nothing there of any note. If I lived in Burney or Wigan, I'd crawl over broken glass and walk over hot coals just to go to a game. In Bristol there is 4 professional sports teams. There is an endless amount of activities to do in Bristol and its surrounding areas. Many many people play sports themselves on a weekend. Do I really need to carry on?

You have cherry picked a parameter to suit your arguement. You could probably find a small town that has a good rugby following and then using your own gas logic say that that club has better support than Bristol Rugby and therefore are a bigger club than the Bears 

“Wigan and Burnley are shit holes” - you’ve clearly spent a lot of time in each town, and the surrounding areas, to come to that conclusion?! Otherwise your, already weak argument, falls flat ... then you accuse me of using ‘my own gas logic’ - HOW ******* DARE YOU????!!!!! I’ve followed Bristol City for over 45 years, I’ve watched them in over 110 different away stadiums, have you?! I’ve been there at the highest highs and the lowest lows and you accuse me of being gas?!!!! 

I apologise for getting emotional but you are an absolute idiot if you wish to accuse me of being gas - for doing that you are the lowest of the low on here and your needy, attention seeking, ‘look at me’ posts demonstrate who you really are ...

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Wigan and Burnley are shit holes” - you’ve clearly spent a lot of time in each town, and the surrounding areas, to come to that conclusion?! Otherwise your, already weak argument, falls flat ... then you accuse me of using ‘my own gas logic’ - HOW ******* DARE YOU????!!!!! I’ve followed Bristol City for over 45 years, I’ve watched them in over 110 different away stadiums, have you?! I’ve been there at the highest highs and the lowest lows and you accuse me of being gas?!!!! 

I apologise for getting emotional but you are an absolute idiot if you wish to accuse me of being gas - for doing that you are the lowest of the low on here and your needy, attention seeking, ‘look at me’ posts demonstrate who you really are ...

First off, I'm not accusing you of being gas, I'm accusing you of using a type of gas logic to back up your arguement. That's not accusing you of being gas. 

Yes I've been to Wigan, yes I've been to Burnley, yes I've been to many other grim places up north (as I have nice places) and yes I can confirm both Burnley and Wigan are shuttles, compared to Bristol.

Fair play on supporting our club through thick and thin and up and down the country, without fans, football clubs do not exist. But the amount of games I've gone to or you have gone to is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if I've only been to one game or you've been to a thousand, both of us our equal fans of this club.

My 7000 empty seats on average in the prem = poor crowds is a is a very strong arguement and one I dont think we are going to agree on so I think we should move on from this. 

Btw, no need to get personal please.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

First off, I'm not accusing you of being gas, I'm accusing you of using a type of gas logic to back up your arguement. That's not accusing you of being gas. 

Yes I've been to Wigan, yes I've been to Burnley, yes I've been to many other grim places up north (as I have nice places) and yes I can confirm both Burnley and Wigan are shuttles, compared to Bristol.

Fair play on supporting our club through thick and thin and up and down the country, without fans, football clubs do not exist. But the amount of games I've gone to or you have gone to is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if I've only been to one game or you've been to a thousand, both of us our equal fans of this club.

My 7000 empty seats on average in the prem = poor crowds is a is a very strong arguement and one I dont think we are going to agree on so I think we should move on from this. 

Your post to me said “ using YOUR OWN gas logic” - that’s accusing me of being gas ... goodnight ...

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Due to be replaced within the next 10 years I would think.

Concrete has a life span and the Dolman stand is dead.

The flats behind also have a similar life span I believe so if we needed that land to expand, with the councils will who I guess own the land and structure but not necessarily the flats it could be done.

Although with modern building techniques a bigger stand could probably be built on the same foot print of the Dolman so therefore not needing that land. 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Your post to me said “ using YOUR OWN gas logic” - that’s accusing me of being gas ... goodnight ...

It really wasnt, I wasnt accusing you of gas and I apologise if it came across as that.

17 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It really wasnt, I wasnt accusing you of gas and I apologise if it came across as that.

Hey, I appreciate your apology and it’s fully accepted. I know emotions run high on here and it’s clear from your posts that you are a very passionate Bristol City fan. We won’t always agree with all the views on here, but what we all always agree on is that we love Bristol City FC and we just wanna see our club do well ... keep smiling but keep the passion for BCFC boiling in yer veins ...!

40 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Due to be replaced within the next 10 years I would think.

Concrete has a life span and the Dolman stand is dead.

While I don't disagree about the life span of concrete, of structures etc, I wonder if the Dolman would be replaced or merely (subject to safety etc requirements) upgraded/fixed up. 

Just trying to think how much replacement as in outright replacement of stands there has been in other grounds, over timescales, for reasons etc. For comparison purposed.

Surely some work in the redevelopment might have included the Dolman? Or safety upgrades to stadia post Taylor Report, replacement of wooden seats in 2000s etc.

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hey, I appreciate your apology and it’s fully accepted. I know emotions run high on here and it’s clear from your posts that you are a very passionate Bristol City fan. We won’t always agree with all the views on here, but what we all always agree on is that we love Bristol City FC and we just wanna see our club do well ... keep smiling but keep the passion for BCFC boiling in yer veins ...!

I've ran out of reactions for today but please take this as a like.

I share your sentiments exactly and hopefully we tame the Shrews so we have a glory tie to look forward too which we deserve after all these years of ups and downs.

6 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Might as well knock the forum on the head then, if all it should be is a vehicle for the ‘happy clappers’ to regale each other with gushing praise of all the club does.

Not sure why some take it so personally, I cannot comment on today’s game, didn’t see it, (although the stats aren’t good, but stats don’t win games or score points), I have come to the conclusion on the games that I have seen, that the football on offer is not in the style or to the level that I like to watch, I am unconvinced that LJ will be able to bring that about, so it’s probably time for him to go.

Now, that doesn’t mean I have to denigrate anyone who thinks he will lead us to the promised land, that his stewardship of the team is one of an improving nature and there is more to come, I just don’t see it and surely that’s why the forum exists, for us to debate these things, good and bad, positive and negative.  If (when) LJ does leave, whether that be sacked, by mutual consent, end of contract or poached, then we will have all this again, as there will be not a chance everyone will agree on a successor, whenever that is.

The Promised Land???? So, you really have bought into it.... OMFG - actually hope we stay down because of THE PROMISED LAND hahaha

13 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Personally, I recognised that tackle as one of my own creations from back in the day.  In the 1970's I chucked a good half dozen of those in every Saturday in the Welsh League.

#oneteaminbritonferry.......there's only one team (you know the rest)!

You and me both (well not 70s for me, I do it now still!) Not saying the tackle should have been a red (but it could have) though it was enough to get booked and then tried twice more to earn a second yellow it seemed to me

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While I don't disagree about the life span of concrete, of structures etc, I wonder if the Dolman would be replaced or merely (subject to safety etc requirements) upgraded/fixed up. 

Just trying to think how much replacement as in outright replacement of stands there has been in other grounds, over timescales, for reasons etc. For comparison purposed.

Surely some work in the redevelopment might have included the Dolman? Or safety upgrades to stadia post Taylor Report, replacement of wooden seats in 2000s etc.

It was just updated and fixed with the last stadium refurbishment, it won’t be replaced anytime soon

Archived