IGNORED

Brentford

RUSSEL85

This is what annoys me when Johnson uses the word ‘identity’ every 5 minutes as if it means something. 

Brentford have an identity (a bloody good one) and most importantly they’ve recruited players that perfectly suit the identity. It’s a case of when they go up not if.

A shame for them Leeds or WBA show no real sign of let up. But I’d have them easily winning the playoffs whoever they face. 

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

They were generally league 1 and league 2 when I started watching city. Lloyd Owusu was always decent to watch too!

Are they going to be added to that list of Hull, Swansea and Bournemouth of clubs that shot up from the depths of the footy league and get prem before we do ? 

I’d be amazed if they’re still a championship side in August. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

This is what annoys me when Johnson uses the word ‘identity’ every 5 minutes as if it means something. 

Brentford have an identity (a bloody good one) and most importantly they’ve recruited players that perfectly suit the identity. It’s a case of when they go up not if.

A shame for them Leeds or WBA show no real sign of let up. But I’d have them easily winning the playoffs whoever they face. 

Leeds and WBA haven't been great lately in what is a very poor division, personally think Brentford will end up in top two

18 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

I'd love to see them pip leeds to auto. 

On one side I agree, but considering Biesla has only spent 10m , the rest have been loans and also sold like us 30m plus to keep in FFP, I do admire they are doing it correctly and have no parachute payments. It shows what is possible as non parachute teams , like Brentford. 

43 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Just admiring them too, set piece master class,  forwards to die for at this level. All on one of the lower wage  budgets. Impressive club considering where they were. Wish they were our "busy bees" 

Not just about the players though. They have a philosophy right through the club. Something we were told we were getting when Johnson took charge. We’re miles off . 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not just about the players though. They have a philosophy right through the club. Something we were told we were getting when Johnson took charge. We’re miles off . 

What’s frustrating is that we really did have it for that awesome half a season in 17-18 that then nose dived after we imploded against Wolves.

That was basically the last time I remember us playing half decent football and deserving results. 

11 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Brentford play the way I'd like us to play - slick, energetic, creative; bucket-loads of shots on target and goals; all backed up by a solid defence.

If only...

(I imagine they'll be just as good in the second half)

QP RIP

They have the players to do that. Three of our players would get in their side I reckon. Kalas, Dasilva and Brownhill. 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Some of their fans wanted their manager out last season...

Perhaps. Bet he has not had 7 transfer windows and 60 plus players coming and going. What ever view you take on LJ and his staff that is a difficult statistic to grapple with. 
Brentford are a proper model to look at   Not the fake words re the wretched pillars And goodness knows what else,  

Norwich last season did not spend mega bucks and neither have Brentford  this season.  Oh well 

57 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

They were generally league 1 and league 2 when I started watching city. Lloyd Owusu was always decent to watch too!

Are they going to be added to that list of Hull, Swansea and Bournemouth of clubs that shot up from the depths of the footy league and get prem before we do ? 

Are you sure? I'm sure they've usually been a decent league 1 or Championship side. I don't ever recall them dropping to the pits. And yes, probably to your prem question!

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What’s frustrating is that we really did have it for that awesome half a season in 17-18 that then nose dived after we imploded against Wolves.

That was basically the last time I remember us playing half decent football and deserving results. 

Why haven’t we signed players since that play that way. We were great to watch. LJ comes out with excuses saying because we sold certain players our playing style has changed. Absolute bollocks. Plenty of other clubs manage to recruit players that fit their style but not us.  

Shows how well we played when down to 10 men. Don't believe they took their foot off the gas at all. I agree with LJs positive reaction to that 50 odd minutes of play by us.

They're a fantastic side. Wish LJ would try and play a similar style of football.

Archived