IGNORED

Pato - well played

old_eastender

Scored one, made one, showed some other really good touches too.

Love for him play in the No.10 role with Fammy instead of Weimann, who was anonymous in second half today (and maybe first half but I didn't see that!).

Weimann and Fammy just do not work as a partnership, Pato and Fammy certainly worked for the 20 mins they had today! 

Class player. Not saying he's what we need to push on necessarily. Depends on how LJ uses him, and can he find that consistency.

He has always had the touch and a bit of magic. But I don't think he has ever had enough credit for the work he gets through.

3 great tackles he made in that second half. Links up well with Dasilva. We saw this at times last season.

Pato is a difficult one.

Some of the best football I’ve seen was with him playing behind Reid.

More de often than not he’s been hugely inconsistent although I acknowledge that LJ was not playing to his strengths using him out wide. 

He is an out and out no.10 and should start the next game based on that performance - that being said KP had more right to get the minutes ahead of him today based on last week so god knows what will happen 

Credit to Pato, it must be hard to be shipped out against your will, replaced with new signings then welcomed back like nothing ever happened. (Admittedly a few assumptions made here) sounds like a top pro with a hard working attitude, hope he’s given a run now. 

LJ Recalling Pato and banishing Szmodics/Palmer could be perceived as an admission that perhaps his signings haven’t been as good as he thought. 

Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but credit for the win, performance first half poor but 3 points and we move on to Tuesday.

As fans we need to take the positives and start to get behind the team and see where a bit of positivity get us, we’re not far off a decent side in this league!

Up the City!

26 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I'd rather have the coin toss that is Jamie Paterson than the once in a blue moon O'Dowda as an option to break a team down.

Never doubted Pato's technical ability.  

Heart? Yep

Inconsistent? Yep...and some!

Its up to him whether he uses this chance as his watershed.  Lets not rush to play him no10, we played 90 minutes without one today and 55-60 minutes with only one up top and a 4 man midfield behind.

Letting Paterson go to a Championship rival on loan was a bizarre move. I don't think he has enough to be a regular starter but he did well today. Good to see him back.

Unfortunately it proves that we have made signings that don't improve on the players we already have. While our transfer activity (in and out) hasn't been bad, we are still not finding players who make a significant impact.

Afobe was looking like the one exception and I hope we get a chance to see him play for us again.

The squad is getting bigger and costing us more money. At best, the quality has stayed the same. Paterson proved that today.

2 hours ago, Xiled said:

Letting Paterson go to a Championship rival on loan was a bizarre move. I don't think he has enough to be a regular starter but he did well today. Good to see him back.

Unfortunately it proves that we have made signings that don't improve on the players we already have. While our transfer activity (in and out) hasn't been bad, we are still not finding players who make a significant impact.

Afobe was looking like the one exception and I hope we get a chance to see him play for us again.

The squad is getting bigger and costing us more money. At best, the quality has stayed the same. Paterson proved that today.

Disagree in regards to players making an impact. I’m a fan of Nagy and when he’s at his best a much better player than Pack. We’ve been missing a top quality goalkeeper for a while which we now have in Bentley. Rowe has been an absolute steal on a free.

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Scored one, made one, showed some other really good touches too.

Love for him play in the No.10 role with Fammy instead of Weimann, who was anonymous in second half today (and maybe first half but I didn't see that!).

Weimann and Fammy just do not work as a partnership, Pato and Fammy certainly worked for the 20 mins they had today! 

Funnily enough I thought today was the first time that Famaral and Weimann linked up well . 

2 hours ago, Jasper Testimitanu said:

Credit to Pato, it must be hard to be shipped out against your will, replaced with new signings then welcomed back like nothing ever happened. (Admittedly a few assumptions made here) sounds like a top pro with a hard working attitude, hope he’s given a run now. 

LJ Recalling Pato and banishing Szmodics/Palmer could be perceived as an admission that perhaps his signings haven’t been as good as he thought. 

Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but credit for the win, performance first half poor but 3 points and we move on to Tuesday.

As fans we need to take the positives and start to get behind the team and see where a bit of positivity get us, we’re not far off a decent side in this league!

Up the City!

And we all know who that decent side are. 
:yes:

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Funnily enough I thought today was the first time that Famaral and Weimann linked up well . 

Second half there was good some interplay between them.  According to Statszone there were 7 passes between the pair of them....only 1 of which was in first 45 mins.

13 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Snake hips is Certainly an enigma isn’t he. The fact derby sent him back suggests he’s been on one of his inconsistent runs but you can’t argue with today’s impact!

Does show poor planning from Johnson having him back though

I think he would have got a lot more game time if Derby hadn`t bottled the Tom Lawrence situation and bombed him out of the club like they should have.

3 hours ago, swanker said:

Fair play to the bloke, it seems that he got us three points today and I’ll have a drink on him tonight.He was terrible for most of last season though. 

Dunno about most of last season as he had quite reasonable returns from say Ipswich away. Certainly from Derby away his goals/assists were not bad. Think he delivered next to nothing until Ipswich away certainly!

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

I like Paterson very tidy footballer...we should have got rid of o’dowda and kept him at start of season

After just 45 minutes of football? Last season he had a great 3 months then went off the boil.... for me i dont mind who starts aslong as we make the top 6!!

3 hours ago, mozo said:

He deserves loads of credit for today. We know we can get that kind of performance out of him. We also know that those performances are too irregular.

He did well today, my MOM given a goal and an assist.

But the highlighted bit is key - I can't see that changing.

He was sent out on loan and didn't really want it, he really wants to be here, maybe absence makes the heart fonder and he'll put in 100% consistent performances.

I doubt it, but today he's the man.

Archived