IGNORED

Pato - well played

old_eastender

16 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

if He had consistency he’d be a prem player-must be so frustrating to manage never knowing if he’s going to turn up or not!

Don't know about that. Pats is such a lightweight player, no doubt has technical ability but would his skill set carry him in the top league?

Can't see it myself. Anyway it's about can he come back and influence our season, one Swallow and all that.

Has moments of skill and vision for sure, the goal at Sheff Utd and the bit of magic home to Derby stand out. My fear is he just aint tough enough.  Hope he proves me wrong and fires us into those playoffs.

It’s been said before, if Pato played like he did today in every game, he would be a decent premier league player. His performance at the Etihad last year showed he could compete with the best.

Unfortunately, and here in lies the problem, it could be another 5-10 games before he performs like he did today again. He is constantly inconsistent. He had a good run of games with Reid but that’s the only time he has ever played consistently well over a period of games.

Hopefully we will see some decent performances now he is back.

Needs to start Tuesday. Need to get this job done for the Liverpool game.

Keep a similar team to what we saw second half. Maybe Brownhill and Nagy in for Massengo and Korey. Maybe even Rowe in actually in that central area.

24 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He did well today, my MOM given a goal and an assist.

But the highlighted bit is key - I can't see that changing.

He was sent out on loan and didn't really want it, he really wants to be here, maybe absence makes the heart fonder and he'll put in 100% consistent performances.

I doubt it, but today he's the man.

If he did continue to play predominantly left side (Eliasson dilemma arghhh), I could see Dasilva’s technical ability (top class touch, pass early) freeing Pato to get on the ball in more space.  It’s a wishful though, because we know Pato’s form drifts, but we can but dream.  Not many players in our squad (Palmer the other) lob that ball right into Fam’s path.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Needs to start Tuesday. Need to get this job done for the Liverpool game.

Keep a similar team to what we saw second half. Maybe Brownhill and Nagy in for Massengo and Korey. Maybe even Rowe in actually in that central area.

He does, and we need to rotate today’s side to rest them for Barnsley.

Maenpaa, Pereira, Moore in, Rowe at LB, etc.  Barnsley imho is more important than Shrewsbury (or Liverpool).  No disrespect to Shrews but we have enough in our squad to win without our best eleven, and I know we didn’t show that in the first game. 

Agree with what Parkin just said on Quest.... we can be a bit predictable and Paterson provides something a bit different between the lines.

Also on Pato I was very pleased to see him gleefully celebrate his assist, turning to the bench.

Perhaps we thought we were upgrading with Szmodics and especially Palmer. We weren't on what we've seen so far.

Out of contract in the summer? Not sure what to think of that.

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Agree with what Parkin just said on Quest.... we can be a bit predictable and Paterson provides something a bit different between the lines.

Also on Pato I was very pleased to see him gleefully celebrate his assist, turning to the bench.

Perhaps we thought we were upgrading with Szmodics and especially Palmer. We weren't on what we've seen so far.

Out of contract in the summer? Not sure what to think of that.

Signed 3 year deal last summer, here til summer 2021.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If he did continue to play predominantly left side (Eliasson dilemma arghhh), I could see Dasilva’s technical ability (top class touch, pass early) freeing Pato to get on the ball in more space.  It’s a wishful though, because we know Pato’s form drifts, but we can but dream.  Not many players in our squad (Palmer the other) lob that ball right into Fam’s path.

He does, and we need to rotate today’s side to rest them for Barnsley.

Maenpaa, Pereira, Moore in, Rowe at LB, etc.  Barnsley imho is more important than Shrewsbury (or Liverpool).  No disrespect to Shrews but we have enough in our squad to win without our best eleven, and I know we didn’t show that in the first game. 

We saw it last season. A right footer on the left, Pato probably being that player whenever we saw this. And Dasilva high up on the left flank ready for a switch in play.

Not sure we've seen that when he plays behind Eliasson. But then it's not a bad thing having Dasilva and Eliasson on the same side as can't imagine teams like facing that!

Be interesting to see what he does Tuesday. What players generally need resting? I usually say Fam is a player that struggles with too many games in a row. But I don't think that's been the case this season. Seems fitter now.

Korey surely comes out. Is he the same player? Not so sure. Still decent but I think we can bring in Nagy for him for this one.

I don't think defence would really need rotating as they didn't seem to cover loads of ground today. Centre backs obviously being centre backs and full backs not really charging up and down like they sometimes do.

I'd probably bring Hunt out mainly because he was so bad today more than any tiredness.

We really should beat them. But they'll be so up for it. Won't be easy for sure.

4 hours ago, Jasper Testimitanu said:

Credit to Pato, it must be hard to be shipped out against your will, replaced with new signings then welcomed back like nothing ever happened. (Admittedly a few assumptions made here) sounds like a top pro with a hard working attitude, hope he’s given a run now. 

LJ Recalling Pato and banishing Szmodics/Palmer could be perceived as an admission that perhaps his signings haven’t been as good as he thought. 

Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but credit for the win, performance first half poor but 3 points and we move on to Tuesday.

As fans we need to take the positives and start to get behind the team and see where a bit of positivity get us, we’re not far off a decent side in this league!

Up the City!

Do you know that he was shipped out against his will?

The second highlighted sentence probably answers my question?

:dunno:

I love Pato, one of the most technically gifted players we have. Should never have gone to Derby (whose fans hated him because of his Forest connections).

Lets hope he can turn our season in the right direction after recent results and get us back in the playoffs!!

Yep. Good shift, well taken goal, nice assist. 

Now. Repeat, repeat and repeat again.

Possibly time to take a big gamble. Get the ‘three amigos’ out in the same team. Pato as the Number 10, CoD out on the wing, Brownie in the centre. Tell them to deliver, give us identity, cohesion, energy. No a fan of them but, hey, we need to change something and get identity from somewhere. 

17 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Pato is a difficult one.

Some of the best football I’ve seen was with him playing behind Reid.

More de often than not he’s been hugely inconsistent although I acknowledge that LJ was not playing to his strengths using him out wide. 

He is an out and out no.10 and should start the next game based on that performance - that being said KP had more right to get the minutes ahead of him today based on last week so god knows what will happen 

Great comments. Sums up exactly how I feel about him. 

13 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

if He had consistency he’d be a prem player-must be so frustrating to manage never knowing if he’s going to turn up or not!

If we want to be promoted to the Premier League, we need Premier League players.

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

Very few people were saying don’t loan him out in August and now a fair few saying we shouldn’t have. Shows how hard LJ job is

In the 'Bobby Reid' wonder season, I think BR's best performances coincided with Pato playing well. When his form suffered we almost fell off a cliff. Disappointed, but could see why Pato was loaned out after signing SS and KP, although I think KP and Pato could work in the same team - maybe even with NE: we'd need super defensive qualities in the rest of the team if that ever happened. And I'm probably living in the 1980s with a Terry Cooper mindset :)

4 hours ago, RedRock said:

Yep. Good shift, well taken goal, nice assist. 

Now. Repeat, repeat and repeat again.

Possibly time to take a big gamble. Get the ‘three amigos’ out in the same team. Pato as the Number 10, CoD out on the wing, Brownie in the centre. Tell them to deliver, give us identity, cohesion, energy. No a fan of them but, hey, we need to change something and get identity from somewhere. 

Why the 3 Amigos....is there some link between the 3 I’ve missed?  I know Josh and Callum are mates.

I also think we need to understand what system we are gonna play before getting too excited.  Pato did well yesterday wide-left.  After 30-35 minutes we went one up top, a 4 man midfield (albeit higher up the pitch) protected by Smith.

Different personnel, but it was 4141 back in 17/18.

For me Pato is a much better player than O’Dowda, and I think, with a point to prove, he could give us a spark.

I like Pato and was absolutely astounded when he went to Derby - but then I was also astonished when Pack went to Cardiff. Probably numbers 1 and 2 on the team sheet last season are suddenly not wanted????

great to have him back. Yes he has been inconsistent, but he’s the reason we got 3 points yesterday. 

Welcome back Pato!

Archived