IGNORED

Plymouth fans

Bristol Oil Services

13 minutes ago, Corsham Ed said:

And they ended up ŵinning 3-0, which makes the journey well worth while.

390 miles each way, you`ve got to admire them - it`s a hundred miles before they get anywhere!

Their new wonder kid Luke Jephcott got another two today - four in two for him now. He was on loan at Truro City a fortnight ago. They seem to be happy with our Tyreeq in midfield too.

41 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Apparently, they all got up at 4 o'clock this morning to get to Carlisle. Daft buggers. Must've been breakfast at Gordano. Which got me thinking, where do you draw the line? What's the earliest you will get up to watch the City? Me, I'm reluctant to get up much before 10.20/10.25. 

The coaches left at 4am so they would have been up before that, if 400 went that's very impressive, got to be almost a 24 hour trip inc the game 

We had coaches leaving the city centre at 3-4am in the morning after the clubs had kicked out.Blackpool,Carlisle etc.

Ask Leader about the good old days...?

I even hitched through the night with a buddy to Pompey when i was 15,We left about 10pm and slept in a shed on the way.

Climbed into Ninian Park once when i was 14 but got in too early and got chucked out....i was the only one in there :laugh:

43 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

390 miles each way, you`ve got to admire them - it`s a hundred miles before they get anywhere!

Their new wonder kid Luke Jephcott got another two today - four in two for him now. He was on loan at Truro City a fortnight ago. They seem to be happy with our Tyreeq in midfield too.

120 miles just to get to our place.!!!

In the scheme of things Plymouth are a big club. Capable of getting similar crowds to us.

How that lot down the road think there on a par beggars belief. 

5 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

120 miles just to get to our place.!!!

In the scheme of things Plymouth are a big club. Capable of getting similar crowds to us.

How that lot down the road think there on a par beggars belief. 

The season we won League 1 up until a few weeks off the end of the season it was highly possible that Swindon would come up with us and Argyle would get promoted from League 2.

If both had happened, their closest game the next season would have been Walsall - getting on for 200 miles away!

It's a cracking effort by the 400bwho made the trip, and being the longest trip imaginable for a league game, I would have thought a fair few would have made the journey just on that basis.

See today's 'Matchday thread' and the claim 'I'm sure there are some who didn't want us to win today'.

Arguments CAN be won with, 'Not a genuine fan? I didn't see YOU at the Carlise away game'.

I understand new years honours have been awarded for those making the journey midweek.

19 minutes ago, Portred said:

A few of us once were offered free national express to Reading the year that bloke (Lavin??) got sent off on his debut  Only catch was the coach was 6:30am. We were in reading for 7:30 for a 3pm KO. 

Great day tho. 

That was before the pubs were open all day too I expect! 

No Spoons open to pass the time?

16 minutes ago, Portred said:

A few of us once were offered free national express to Reading the year that bloke (Lavin??) got sent off on his debut  Only catch was the coach was 6:30am. We were in reading for 7:30 for a 3pm KO. 

Great day tho. 

If it makes you feel any better about your long day out, I got off the train, got on a bus (standard public transport) to the ground.

Now, owing to incidents various pre-match, post match; we all had to walk back to the station as the bus operator had decided that Bristolians were no longer welcome to use their busses.

I believe that one point, some sort of 'Reading Yoof' threw small objects at a bus stuck in traffic. This was met with a response that included throwing the bus seat through the window of the bus in retaliation.

Long walk that.

3 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Apparently, they all got up at 4 o'clock this morning to get to Carlisle. Daft buggers. Must've been breakfast at Gordano. Which got me thinking, where do you draw the line? What's the earliest you will get up to watch the City? Me, I'm reluctant to get up much before 10.20/10.25. 

Piece of piss...........in 70's left for Hull on the City coach 11.30 Friday night ! Worse was '68 left AG @ 4.00am, for Boro, pissing down all the way only to get there and it was OFF !:grr:

3 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I drove from Bristol to Aberdeen for a game that was called off when I was about 45 mins from The Granite City - so just went on the piss with the Jags boys for the weekend ... that was only a ten hour drive ....

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If it makes you feel any better about your long day out, I got off the train, got on a bus (standard public transport) to the ground.

Now, owing to incidents various pre-match, post match; we all had to walk back to the station as the bus operator had decided that Bristolians were no longer welcome to use their busses.

I believe that one point, some sort of 'Reading Yoof' threw small objects at a bus stuck in traffic. This was met with a response that included throwing the bus seat through the window of the bus in retaliation.

Long walk that.

I was on that bus !! My mate got pulled for the window going thru (wasn’t him).
As I said, great (long) day. 

13 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Piece of piss...........in 70's left for Hull on the City coach 11.30 Friday night ! Worse was '68 left AG @ 4.00am, for Boro, pissing down all the way only to get there and it was OFF !:grr:

This is all getting a bit too: "We used to get up 'alf an hour before we went to bed, crawl up the A38 to Tewkesbury" .....

Archived