IGNORED

Today's Ratings v Wigan (2-0 Win)

Davefevs

Bentley 6 - not tonnes to do, but did it all confidently

Hunt - I honestly can't give him a rating - his worst game in a City shirt, but he kept trying

Dasilva 6 - steady, good work at the back post to stop Lowe.  Promising with Pato second half at times

Williams 6 - solid, did what he needed to do.  Rest him Tuesday.

Baker 8 - my MOTM, thought he was dominant in air and on ground

Watkins 5 - in and out today.  Might've picked up a knock hence subbed

Smith 6 - snapped around as he held the midfield together first 20 mins, but wasteful with the ball

Massengo 5 - worked hard chasing the ball, and better when working with Weimann with Smith a true DM.  

Eliasson 5 - bar a couple of crosses, never got into the game

Weimann 5 - mixed game, good ball over the top to Pato for second goal, and pressed better with Massengo, but nowhere near his best today

Diedhiou 7 (OTIB view 9) - one of our better players, goal and assist, think OTIB are right tonight!!

Subs:

Paterson 8 - goal, beautifully taken, and sublime lob pass assist.  Bit lightweight at times, but good linking with Jay

Nagy 6 - came on and looked nice and solid and kept the ball moving

Rowe - not involved enough to rate

Agree with most of that, Pato would be my MOTM.

Jack Hunt had an off game but would still give him a 5, clean sheet after all. 

Massengo was an odd one, scared of the ball again first half and doesn’t get stuck in. Picked up a bit in the second half before he got subbed off, looks like he need some to bulk up a bit to succeed in this division, gets bullied too easily in the 50/50s.

Eliasson a 5 is harsh, nice little assist for Pato for the first goal. Wigan had done their homework on him so it should have left space for other players to exploit the gaps created by that. Can’t be helped that recently he has become our only outlet.

16 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Agree with most of that, Pato would be my MOTM.

Jack Hunt had an off game but would still give him a 5, clean sheet after all. 

Massengo was an odd one, scared of the ball again first half and doesn’t get stuck in. Picked up a bit in the second half before he got subbed off, looks like he need some to bulk up a bit to succeed in this division, gets bullied too easily in the 50/50s.

Eliasson a 5 is harsh, nice little assist for Pato for the first goal. Wigan had done their homework on him so it should have left space for other players to exploit the gaps created by that. Can’t be helped that recently he has become our only outlet.

Fammy got the assist for the fist goal I thought 

Famy MOM for me.

Worked his socks off at times he was our main defender and main striker. Dropped deep which I assumed he was instructed to do.

Showed some very good touches (as well as the usual poor ones)

Was unlucky with his wonder strike and so close with his shot in the second half that was tipped over.

Assist for the 1st goal and well taken well deserved 2nd goal.

Gets a lot of stick from some but certainly earned his match fee today.

Baker excellent except for one unnecessary lack of discipline (in injury time, at 2-0, crazy)

A recurring criticism of the man but I'm glad for him that he is back. Having a good season, Bakes.

MOTM = Fam for me. Must be sick not to score TWO worldies today. Very pleased for Pato too

Shocking hour from the team attack-wise though, Shrewsbury won't let us off with this I fear.

18 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Bentley at least a 7 and Eliasson at least a 6.5

Famara 9 and MOTM

Did you watch the game?

Yep, on Robinstv.  You?

We were pretty abject for most of the game, and goals / win overshadowed that.  It was pretty dire, watching them pass it around and us not able to keep it.

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

One thing I noticed about Fam. Looked disinterested first half, didn’t bother to press at all and then hit it hard in the second half. Instruction perhaps knowing that Wigan were going to knock it about so he could save energy? 

Agree.  That’s why he wasn’t MOTM for me.  He was as you say better second half.  For me Baker was a rock all game.  Appreciate goals and assists maketh a forward, and skew ratings.  Appreciate service wasn’t great.

For those who were at the game, how difficult a chance was his header in first half, that went over?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.  That’s why he wasn’t MOTM for me.  He was as you say better second half.  For me Baker was a rock all game.  Appreciate goals and assists maketh a forward, and skew ratings.  Appreciate service wasn’t great.

For those who were at the game, how difficult a chance was his header in first half, that went over?

Down the other end, so hard to see. Looks like it came in quick and he was competing with another man.

The op is a hard man to.please :laugh:, I guess rating down a bit based on the poor first half,

For me I would have given differently

Fam 9 motm

Bentley 7, return to forum good command of his box

Andy and Massengo both got to be a 6 for the huge amount of work they did today there running let others play,

Hunt surly a 5 he was poor but didn't hide  and kept trying to do something to help , loved his passion as he celebrated in front of us at the end,

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Hunt - I honestly can't give him a rating - his worst game in a City shirt, but he kept trying

Dasilva 6 - steady, good work at the back post to stop Lowe.  Promising with Pato second half at times

Smith 6 - snapped around as he held the midfield together first 20 mins, but wasteful with the ball

Massengo 5 - worked hard chasing the ball, and better when working with Weimann with Smith a true DM.  

Weimann 5 - mixed game, good ball over the top to Pato for second goal, and pressed better with Massengo, but nowhere near his best today

Diedhiou 7 (OTIB view 9) - one of our better players, goal and assist, think OTIB are right tonight!!

Subs:

Paterson 8 - goal, beautifully taken, and sublime lob pass assist.  Bit lightweight at times, but good linking with Jay

Fam was poor first half. I stand by that but the lad's a trier which is why the fans stick up for him. Pato was his least lightweight Dave. More tackles than any other player in red. 

3 minutes ago, winsaw said:

On his day though Hunt far more likely to put a cross into the box that could lead to a goal

Yes but in a team with 30% possession, mainly playing counter, he isn't necessarily going to get in those positions.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yes but in a team with 30% possession, mainly playing counter, he isn't necessarily going to get in those positions.

But when he dose that cross could win is the game, and its that extra option that's always going to see him first choice, I agree when he plays like today he's really bad but still want him in the team for those moments of magic, 

Just now, winsaw said:

But when he dose that cross could win is the game, and its that extra option that's always going to see him first choice, I agree when he plays like today he's really bad but still want him in the team for those moments of magic, 

True. Just not sure he has the consistency needed for a promotion push. Maybe we need to play better as a team to get the best out of him. The more possession we have, the more times he gets in crossing positions.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Subs:

FairPlay Dave. I really worried about the standard OTIB over rating of players when I read you started the thread. But you haven’t. Fammy was very poor first half. Your ratings are entirely accurate. Have yourself a tick. 

✅ 

8 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Agree, but he can also give a goal away just as easily, there was one today when he was absolutely skinned by his man in the box and much more than a crap cross sees us go 1-0 down. Think Pirerra is a much better defender and although not as good going forward as Hunt he's good enough for me to prefer him to Hunt. 

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

FairPlay Dave. I really worried about the standard OTIB over rating of players when I read you started the thread. But you haven’t. Fammy was very poor first half. Your ratings are entirely accurate. Have yourself a tick. 

✅ 

In my opinion an away display not much better than Sheffield Wednesday, against a much worse side.

But a great result in context of recent results, pressure etc.

We really need this to kick-start confidence.

Just back from a few pints down the pub and what a pleasure it was to join with our rugby supporters in taking the piss out of the resident Rovers supporters. It was our turn this week..

The results are in;

Bentley 6 - Naff all to do

Hunt     6 - Not his best but he isn't the type to let his head drop and hide

Dasilva 6 - As per Hunt really

Williams 6 - Usual dependable game

Baker 7 -   Head it, kick it, safe as houses

Watkins 5 - I expected a bit more today but the team were poor and he didn't get into it

Smith 5 -   Not a fan tbh and technically way behind some others, gave the ball away too much

Massengo 7 - Thought he had a good game and nearly back to earlier in the season  

Eliasson 5 -  Not an impressive game from him, he's better than that

Weimann 5 - Usual high intensity but no impact today

Diedhiou 8  Not a fan but recent games have made me think. Two great volleys today and a very good finish for his goal.

Subs:

Paterson 8 - Made a huge impact with a well taken goal and lovely assist for DIedhiou. Welcome back.

Nagy 6 -  Good impact, settled it down nicely

Rowe 6 - Did what was asked

My MOM is Paterson, huge impact with the goal and assist - what more can you ask for ?

10 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Agree, but he can also give a goal away just as easily, there was one today when he was absolutely skinned by his man in the box and much more than a crap cross sees us go 1-0 down. Think Pirerra is a much better defender and although not as good going forward as Hunt he's good enough for me to prefer him to Hunt. 

To think we once had a bloke called Ayling who we all but gave away to Leeds ( trust me bugger all to do with Cheltenham) and now we’ve actually bought these two both for more than we got for Ayling. 

Archived