IGNORED

Fammy’s disallowed goal. What a hit!

REDOXO

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Are we talking about Weimann being offside here, or did AW foul his man in the build up? anyone?

Had me confused live but slowing the clip in this thread down It looks like Fam is offside when initial ball is played it’s just a question of whether he is interfering with play.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Had me confused live but slowing the clip in this thread down It looks like Fam is offside when initial ball is played it’s just a question of whether he is interfering with play.

I thought AW possibly fouled his man, but there wasn't much at the time. Then i heard talk of off-side. Thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Looking at bbc report on the game they do actually say it was disallowed for a foul so you might be right.

Makes it more sickening as there wasn't a lot in it. Feel for Fam on that one. Goal of the day, City goal of the season.

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

MW not AW. 

Ok, sorry Weimann in that case.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Makes it more sickening as there wasn't a lot in it. Feel for Fam on that one. Goal of the day, City goal of the season.

Ok, sorry Weimann in that case.

Watkins fouled the defender who headed the ball that Fam chested.  Weimann wasn't involved :)

It was a great strike. No idea what the offence was; at the time I thought offside, and pretty sure that the linesman flagged it.

The ref blew just before he hit it, and without wishing to take anything away, it's just possible that last defender would have made a bit more effort to get his body in the way of the whistle hadn't blown. I think you can just see him turn his back at the very last minute. 

But overall Inthought Fam was great today, and second half put in a real shift, showed some great touches, and at times seemed to be doing it all on his own. If ever a player deserved a goal it was Fam today.

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He's been pretty decent of late, wonder whether th talk of two strikers coming in has given him a bit of added motivation?

Maybe it's more of his desire to play well and the let down of some fans' attitudes which upset him has spurred him on further?

Or he has discovered Turkey and cranberry Source as the turnaround seemed to have occurred from Xmas time.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Maybe it's more of his desire to play well and the let down of some fans' attitudes which upset him has spurred him on further?

Or he has discovered Turkey and cranberry Source as the turnaround seemed to have occurred from Xmas time.

I buried Paul,   I buried Paul

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

And also worth a share:

‘2 key passes - most on team’ is a bit of a worry. 

We have been very sloppy in possession for the majority of the season. You could probably say it has been our biggest problem.

It’s been absolutely criminal.

5 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Are we talking about Weimann being offside here, or did AW foul his man in the build up? anyone?

I personally dont think a offside occurred but the camera angle makes it very hard to tell as our players are put of shot when the ball is played. Sky Sports News said it was chalked off for a foul and that in itself is very harsh.

5 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Forgetting about what I just said above for a second, if you watch the clip back then the ref only blows when Fam touches the ball so in that case it could well be that Fam was ruled offside.

6 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He's been pretty decent of late, wonder whether th talk of two strikers coming in has given him a bit of added motivation?

Personally don’t think it has any bearing on Fam, today we saw him at his best, play to his strengths and we’ll see the benefit, getting played in different roles every other week and he doesn’t get what he thrives on - consistency.

Archived