IGNORED

Fammy’s disallowed goal. What a hit!

REDOXO

From my perspective Fammy is getting better. He gets a lot of criticism but at the end of the day if we didn’t have Fammy scoring we would be in a far worse position. 

He’s always reliable and I hope he nets 20 this Season.

COYR 

Did you tell the Bloke behind you “ hey idiot go and support the gas” or did you tell him he’s a bit of a wa$@er . The goal disallowed Fammy scored was one of the best and enjoyable goals I’ve seen in a long time and any neutral supporters would agree. He must of known as soon has he hit it was going to be a goal. He’s going to get more this season and he’s stepping up to the challenge.

7 hours ago, Lew-T said:

‘2 key passes - most on team’ is a bit of a worry. 

We have been very sloppy in possession for the majority of the season. You could probably say it has been our biggest problem.

It’s been absolutely criminal.

I'd have to look into it but two key passes by a player in a game is pretty good full stop. 

That said, I do agree about our tendency to give the ball away this season. We saw it for example at WBA, their first 3 goals were on some level down to us not taking care of the ball.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd have to look into it but two key passes by a player in a game is pretty good full stop. 

That said, I do agree about our tendency to give the ball away this season. We saw it for example at WBA, their first 3 goals were on some level down to us not taking care of the ball.

I can only assume a ‘key pass’ would be classed as a successful pass in behind or through the defence, successful cross in the box?

Totally agree with your second paragraph though. It’s been pretty poor, not something you would associate with City up until this season. Before this season we would usually dominate possession but fail to break teams down. 

I think Marlon Pack’s departure has definitely had an impact. It’s just finding the balance under LJ.

4 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I can only assume a ‘key pass’ would be classed as a successful pass in behind or through the defence, successful cross in the box?

Totally agree with your second paragraph though. It’s been pretty poor, not something you would associate with City up until this season. Before this season we would usually dominate possession but fail to break teams down. 

I think Marlon Pack’s departure has definitely had an impact. It’s just finding the balance under LJ.

According to a quick search, a key pass as per Opta (could have been updated or amended but anyway) is as follows:

Opta defines a key pass as 'the final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring'. 

Retention and taking care of the ball has definitely got worse that's for sure.

However I'd debate the possession point, we didn't average much over 50% last season, at home I saw some stat that suggested about 54% which isn't really dominant.

Add up all possession, divide by 23 and there's your average. Home and away, add up all the games, divided by 46 and there we go. 

It's alright and it's decent but it's not dominant. Away from home it was less than 50%.

Possibly more like 2017/18 and ironically at times for all our issues that year, 2016/17.

In terms of being unable to break teams down, at times yes but more of a mixed bag. I remember to name two, Wigan and Ipswich coming with a more positive mindset than many assumed eg. Especially rock bottom Ipswich.

Pack, in some ways. I think often not playing him in a bona fide 3 (by which I don't mean Palmer or Paterson) made him easier to isolate, to press and we didn't see the best of him or us in possession as a result.

Archived