Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

REDOXO

Fammy’s disallowed goal. What a hit!

The best City goal since Jimmy Mann chalked off. But if you weren’t able to watch/see it what a non goal!

• Like 4

He had 2 great strikes from distance, his goal and of course a header from 3 yards he could not convert - overall not bad, he could have had 4 goals today, played well.

• Like 1

If anyone wants the videos I post for Twitter or whatever feel free to just ask and I'll send them - no need to record your screen!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Are we talking about Weimann being offside here, or did AW foul his man in the build up? anyone?

Had me confused live but slowing the clip in this thread down It looks like Fam is offside when initial ball is played it’s just a question of whether he is interfering with play.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Had me confused live but slowing the clip in this thread down It looks like Fam is offside when initial ball is played it’s just a question of whether he is interfering with play.

I thought AW possibly fouled his man, but there wasn't much at the time. Then i heard talk of off-side. Thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I thought AW possibly fouled his man, but there wasn't much at the time. Then i heard talk of off-side. Thanks for the info.

Looking at bbc report on the game they do actually say it was disallowed for a foul so you might be right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

MW not AW. 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Looking at bbc report on the game they do actually say it was disallowed for a foul so you might be right.

Makes it more sickening as there wasn't a lot in it. Feel for Fam on that one. Goal of the day, City goal of the season.

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

MW not AW. 

Ok, sorry Weimann in that case.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Makes it more sickening as there wasn't a lot in it. Feel for Fam on that one. Goal of the day, City goal of the season.

Ok, sorry Weimann in that case.

Watkins fouled the defender who headed the ball that Fam chested.  Weimann wasn't involved :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

Thats an absolute beast of a hit!

And then he hits another rocket in the 2nd half. Fam had a few Weetabix today

• Like 1

It was a great strike. No idea what the offence was; at the time I thought offside, and pretty sure that the linesman flagged it.

The ref blew just before he hit it, and without wishing to take anything away, it's just possible that last defender would have made a bit more effort to get his body in the way of the whistle hadn't blown. I think you can just see him turn his back at the very last minute. 

But overall Inthought Fam was great today, and second half put in a real shift, showed some great touches, and at times seemed to be doing it all on his own. If ever a player deserved a goal it was Fam today.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Great effort, shame it was chalked off

Do we really still have fans that think he's shit? Seems to be improving a lot this season. Long may it continue 

He`s been a different player since he scored those goals for Senegal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He's been pretty decent of late, wonder whether th talk of two strikers coming in has given him a bit of added motivation?

Maybe it's more of his desire to play well and the let down of some fans' attitudes which upset him has spurred him on further?

Or he has discovered Turkey and cranberry Source as the turnaround seemed to have occurred from Xmas time.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Maybe it's more of his desire to play well and the let down of some fans' attitudes which upset him has spurred him on further?

Or he has discovered Turkey and cranberry Source as the turnaround seemed to have occurred from Xmas time.

I buried Paul,   I buried Paul

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

And also worth a share:

‘2 key passes - most on team’ is a bit of a worry. 

We have been very sloppy in possession for the majority of the season. You could probably say it has been our biggest problem.

It’s been absolutely criminal.

5 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Are we talking about Weimann being offside here, or did AW foul his man in the build up? anyone?

I personally dont think a offside occurred but the camera angle makes it very hard to tell as our players are put of shot when the ball is played. Sky Sports News said it was chalked off for a foul and that in itself is very harsh.

5 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Forgetting about what I just said above for a second, if you watch the clip back then the ref only blows when Fam touches the ball so in that case it could well be that Fam was ruled offside.

6 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He's been pretty decent of late, wonder whether th talk of two strikers coming in has given him a bit of added motivation?

Personally don’t think it has any bearing on Fam, today we saw him at his best, play to his strengths and we’ll see the benefit, getting played in different roles every other week and he doesn’t get what he thrives on - consistency.

• Like 1

I think he will only become better.. His striking of a ball is becoming outstanding and a mint pen taker. Nice bloke also, seen him down town last month and had time to talk..

From my perspective Fammy is getting better. He gets a lot of criticism but at the end of the day if we didn’t have Fammy scoring we would be in a far worse position. 

He’s always reliable and I hope he nets 20 this Season.

COYR 

10 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Thats an absolute beast of a hit!

If it counted bloody goal of the season contender. Massive strike.

Did you tell the Bloke behind you “ hey idiot go and support the gas” or did you tell him he’s a bit of a wa$@er . The goal disallowed Fammy scored was one of the best and enjoyable goals I’ve seen in a long time and any neutral supporters would agree. He must of known as soon has he hit it was going to be a goal. He’s going to get more this season and he’s stepping up to the challenge.

7 hours ago, Lew-T said:

‘2 key passes - most on team’ is a bit of a worry. 

We have been very sloppy in possession for the majority of the season. You could probably say it has been our biggest problem.

It’s been absolutely criminal.

I'd have to look into it but two key passes by a player in a game is pretty good full stop. 

That said, I do agree about our tendency to give the ball away this season. We saw it for example at WBA, their first 3 goals were on some level down to us not taking care of the ball.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd have to look into it but two key passes by a player in a game is pretty good full stop. 

That said, I do agree about our tendency to give the ball away this season. We saw it for example at WBA, their first 3 goals were on some level down to us not taking care of the ball.

I can only assume a ‘key pass’ would be classed as a successful pass in behind or through the defence, successful cross in the box?

Totally agree with your second paragraph though. It’s been pretty poor, not something you would associate with City up until this season. Before this season we would usually dominate possession but fail to break teams down. 

I think Marlon Pack’s departure has definitely had an impact. It’s just finding the balance under LJ.

4 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I can only assume a ‘key pass’ would be classed as a successful pass in behind or through the defence, successful cross in the box?

Totally agree with your second paragraph though. It’s been pretty poor, not something you would associate with City up until this season. Before this season we would usually dominate possession but fail to break teams down. 

I think Marlon Pack’s departure has definitely had an impact. It’s just finding the balance under LJ.

According to a quick search, a key pass as per Opta (could have been updated or amended but anyway) is as follows:

Opta defines a key pass as 'the final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring'. 

Retention and taking care of the ball has definitely got worse that's for sure.

However I'd debate the possession point, we didn't average much over 50% last season, at home I saw some stat that suggested about 54% which isn't really dominant.

Add up all possession, divide by 23 and there's your average. Home and away, add up all the games, divided by 46 and there we go. 

It's alright and it's decent but it's not dominant. Away from home it was less than 50%.

Possibly more like 2017/18 and ironically at times for all our issues that year, 2016/17.

In terms of being unable to break teams down, at times yes but more of a mixed bag. I remember to name two, Wigan and Ipswich coming with a more positive mindset than many assumed eg. Especially rock bottom Ipswich.

Pack, in some ways. I think often not playing him in a bona fide 3 (by which I don't mean Palmer or Paterson) made him easier to isolate, to press and we didn't see the best of him or us in possession as a result.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1