Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Olé

Match Report: Cometh the hour and 15 minutes cometh the Fam

Just watched LU v SW on Quest. That's what I call a smash n grab! :rofl2br:

(unless it's down to the editing)

Edited by exAtyeoMax

8 hours ago, mozo said:

Is it fair to say that Hunt has been in wretched form since (and including) the Shef Wed game? 

Before that, he was absolutely woeful against Millwall and was yanked off, then in the Blackburn game he was Brought on for an under par Pirerra and somehow made that below par performance from Pirerra look like a top quality performance he was that bad. 

Wish Johnson would persevere with Pirerra as much as he does hunt. 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Comments ⬆️

Thanks Dave, and interesting stats.

Massengo - I didn't mean it to sound like he had a bad game, far from it. But safe and disciplined is just what it was. No bad thing in itself, and as I said very reminiscent of LJ himself. I just think HNM has a lot more to his game and I hope we're not stifling it or making him scared of trying the more adventurous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Thanks Dave, and interesting stats.

Massengo - I didn't mean it to sound like he had a bad game, far from it.

no, I know you didn’t.
But safe and disciplined is just what it was.

yep

No bad thing in itself, and as I said very reminiscent of LJ himself. I just think HNM has a lot more to his game and I hope we're not stifling it or making him scared of trying the more adventurous.

I hope not too.  I thought his early games were him settling in well, and we were just starting to see him venturing forward and I was getting rather excited.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Rob, Italian,

Interesting and well made points. Having all watched the exact same 90 mins i find the angle of reporting hard to comprehend. Whilst not disagreeing with your comments 90%+ of what you write is negative towards our team or complimentary to the opposition when there was so much to write about that was positive, eg the organisation in the first half, the FACT we didnt concede, the tactical substitutions working again, the superb goals and so on.

One could really highlight every aspect of Fam's brilliant performance and be clear how he deserves nothing but praise.

Oh, and Italian if you didnt see Weimann's exquisite, lobbed 30 yd pass for Pato in Super Fam's goal then watch it again on the screen!! Weimann deserves credit for that pass alone as winning goals are crucial

Sorry if it comes across as negative; not intended, and not how I feel about where we are as a club.

Yes, we didn't concede, yes we won against one of those lower teams we've struggled against so often. Yes it was worth the trip just for those three minutes and two goals.

It's just that I was surprised how much better Wigan looked than at our place, and I genuinely felt that it was their own doing, not ours, that meant we didn't concede. 

And you're right about Weimann's pass: even if that had been his only touch it would have been worth waiting for!

poor team performance with only a few exceptions. Little quality on the ball and far far too much hoofing. Need a holding midfielder desperately ,even more so than a playmaker of which we also lack. Right back continues to be a problem and indeed Watkin is not the answer on the right of midfield. Midtable at best but I don't have a problem with being in this excellent league as long as we compete and play some decent football which I don't think the current make up are up to doing sorry.

I.D, fair comments and of all the touches in our two goals, I admire the AW one most (maybe as I don't have a right foot!!) Also agree he was too quiet to warrant more than a 5.

C.R, I think your glass needs some perspective. No Kalas, Brownhill nor Afobe may appear excuses but our number of points so far suggest we know how to use ouraway performances to be top half and maybe even improve on last season. Few if any clubs will have improved 3yrs in succession

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Few if any clubs will have improved 3yrs in succession

No - you don't think so? City and Lee, and Steve and Mark blazing a trail in this, you say?

Well, Wolves have done so. But that doesn't count, they are huge, they have billions, Nuno's beard,  etc etc

But, Sheffield United, they have improved 3 years in succession, like Wolves, and us. Buying L1 players. And spending peanuts, like us. But not Wolves.

And Aston Villa. They have improved 3 years on the trot too.

As indeed have Charlton Athletic, and Luton Town.

And Nottm Forest, too.

But it doesn't end there. The list goes on. Would you care to see the full list of clubs who, like us, have put together three successive years of League position improvement? Yes?! Here goes then:

Accrington Stanley!

Blackpool

Doncaster

Gillingham, Lincoln, Posh and Pompey.

Tranmere.

And Wycombe. 

And Cheltenham. 

And Crewe and Forest Green.

And Macclesfield. 

Mansfield. They've done it, as well as us.

As have Newport County.

And Salford City.

You could've been more wrong   .......

.... but not by much. 

Never mind, we all have our slightly warped way of seeing things, all of us. You are the same as all of us on here, and down AG: prone to bias, and not always in touch with reality. No shame in that.

Up the City!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

No - you don't think so? City and Lee, and Steve and Mark blazing a trail in this, you say?

Well, Wolves have done so. But that doesn't count, they are huge, they have billions, Nuno's beard,  etc etc

But, Sheffield United, they have improved 3 years in succession, like Wolves, and us. Buying L1 players. And spending peanuts, like us. But not Wolves.

And Aston Villa. They have improved 3 years on the trot too.

As indeed have Charlton Athletic, and Luton Town.

And Nottm Forest, too.

But it doesn't end there. The list goes on. Would you care to see the full list of clubs who, like us, have put together three successive years of League position improvement? Yes?! Here goes then:

Accrington Stanley!

Blackpool

Doncaster

Gillingham, Lincoln, Posh and Pompey.

Tranmere.

And Wycombe. 

And Cheltenham. 

And Crewe and Forest Green.

And Macclesfield. 

Mansfield. They've done it, as well as us.

As have Newport County.

And Salford City.

You could've been more wrong   .......

.... but not by much. 

Never mind, we all have our slightly warped way of seeing things, all of us. You are the same as all of us on here, and down AG: prone to bias, and not always in touch with reality. No shame in that.

Up the City!

Would that be full seasons - as of the end of last season ?

Or up till now ?

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Would that be full seasons - as of the end of last season ?

Or up till now ?

Full seasons, just the same as us, finishing higher each year (2017, 2018, 2019). Two exceptions being Villa, and another I forget, who finished either the same but we're promoted via the play-offs the second time, or like Villa, who finished 4th in '18, but lost in the play offs, then 5th in '19 and going up via the play-offs.

I was surprised, perhaps like Hampshire Red will be, that so many other clubs have been doing this too. It's a bit of "perspective" for him/her, at least. As all of us will need, from time to time, wherever we stand on LJ, Bristol City, the universe...

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Full seasons, just the same as us, finishing higher each year (2017, 2018, 2019). Two exceptions being Villa, and another I forget, who finished either the same but we're promoted via the play-offs the second time, or like Villa, who finished 4th in '18, but lost in the play offs, then 5th in '19 and going up via the play-offs.

I was surprised, perhaps like Hampshire Red will be, that so many other clubs have been doing this too. It's a bit of "perspective" for him/her, at least. As all of us will need, from time to time, wherever we stand on LJ, Bristol City, the universe...

Surprising.

Mind you, we could go back to SC and promotion from L1 then, 18th, 17th, 11th, 8th.

So 5 seasons of improving league position regardless of manager which is very good.

I suspect this season may buck the trend though.

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Surprising.

Mind you, we could go back to SC and promotion from L1 then, 18th, 17th, 11th, 8th.

So 5 seasons of improving league position regardless of manager which is very good.

I suspect this season may buck the trend though.

It was a fib (forgive me), it's two seasons, but don't tell Hampshire! Whereas some are far too negative, and need to see that things ain't so bad, others are a bit too jolly and uncritical, and could do with waking up a bit.

I used to use the "we've improved four seasons on the bounce" thing myself but now think this is a bit spurious. The first two seasons in the Championship were a failure, a fiasco at times, and left a lot of scope for "improvement," as did finishing 12th in L1 in 2014. In 2016, it was impossible to not finish higher than in 2015, in the 92, even if we finished 24th and were relegated.

I now take the view that, under Lee, we have "improved" for the previous two seasons - 17/18, 18/19 - and not in 16/17 when we finished one place higher, fought off relegation again, and set a new club record for successive league defeats. 

I don't suppose Hampshire will agree.

I think the correct list for 3 consecutive seasons of "improvement" is:

Sheff Utd

Luton

Lincoln

Posh

Pompey

Tranmere 

Wycombe 

Cheltenham 

Crewe

Macclesfield 

Salford City

And, technically, us (if we include 2016/17).

not many out of 92 .. or 91 is it? there are some other clubs in all divisions who have not improved year on year. I think if you want to look at (i dont) it will be 14 of the Premier league's 18, the vast majority of our division and so on. THat was my point which you have just endorsed.