Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

I don't like what I'm seeing on the park....winning ugly is part of football at times. 

No guarantee that a new manager would result in a bounce.....

SL isn't going to let him go after signing a new contract....

Why waste time venting about why he should go.....save your energy for shouting at the Gate.

If we were at the bottom on the league looking at relegation....I'd be calling for him to go....we're not.....so he has my support

(Tin hat on...braced for incoming......we seem to be losing the ability to amicably disagree with each other)

COYRs

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

I don't like what I'm seeing on the park....winning ugly is part of football at times. 

Why waste time venting about why he should go.....save your energy for shouting at the Gate.

If we were at the bottom on the league looking at relegation....I'd be calling for him to go....we're not.....so he has my support

(Tin hat on...braced for incoming......we seem to be losing the ability to amicably disagree with each other)

COYRs

Disagree but too lazy to argue.

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Just because it’s interesting that a thread supporting our manager has been deleted but all the constant crap on here about Johnson out is fine..

What thread has been deleted ?

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Just because it’s interesting that a thread supporting our manager has been deleted but all the constant crap on here about Johnson out is fine..

Was the other thread deleted? If so that ain’t acceptable, I’m not a “LJ in” bloke but a forum is all about free speech and exchange of views, surely? Why would a thread supporting the head coach be deleted? That’s not good ...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

@Matty_Taylor_is_god

Don't be so paranoid and dramatic 

The reason the thread was hidden because it turned into over two pages of people insulting each other, once the comments and subsequent replies had been hidden there was nothing left as a thread

A number of warnings have gone out tonight to numerous posters about content posted 

Perhaps next time better to deal in facts?

• Like 8

5 hours ago, MelksRed said:

COYRs

Do you honestly think City will get promoted over the next two seasons with Johnson as manager is probably a question ?

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Was the other thread deleted? If so that ain’t acceptable, I’m not a “LJ in” bloke but a forum is all about free speech and exchange of views, surely? Why would a thread supporting the head coach be deleted? That’s not good ...

Did you read the bloody thread? There were about 2 normal posts and then a load of absolute shite between a few people having a go at each other. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Did you read the bloody thread? There were about 2 normal posts and then a load of absolute shite between a few people having a go at each other. 

So much the same as a lot of the umpteen Johnson Out threads then.

Yet they stay, often with exactly the same posters having exactly the same argument.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yet they stay, often with exactly the same posters having exactly the same argument.

Not even close, in most of the other threads there are a few posts of crap and then some attempts at reasoned debate, on that thread there was the best part of a page dedicated to weather by one poster saying he assumed that another poster had a job was him actually saying that anyone without a job is a sponging bastard. That is why it was binned off as there was lots of that and very little actually about the football or even Bristol City as an entity. 

• Like 1

Last four games we have lost 1, drawn 1 and won 2. Better off to not look at the form before that but what's important is that after 4 defeats in a row is not the performances but the results. We now have a platform to hopefully put a run together.

I'm still concerned with how 'tired' we got over Xmas, something isnt right with that, other teams seem to have coped with the Xmas schedule although Leeds are starting to stutter once again. 

But for now at least, LJ has earned the right to continue in his role. I'm an advocate of changing manager to freshen things up and would love to see Hughton here but right now LJ continues with my reluctant acceptance that hes currently earned that right. Tuesday however is a must win, if the prize of playing the current best team in the world at home isnt enough then nothing will. I'll be the 1st one putting LJ out banners out on motorway bridges if we lose that.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Last four games we have lost 1, drawn 1 and won 2. Better off to not look at the form before that but what's important is that after 4 defeats in a row is not the performances but the results. We now have a platform to hopefully put a run together.

I'm still concerned with how 'tired' we got over Xmas, something isnt right with that, other teams seem to have coped with the Xmas schedule although Leeds are starting to stutter once again. 

But for now at least, LJ has earned the right to continue in his role. I'm an advocate of changing manager to freshen things up and would love to see Hughton here but right now LJ continues with my reluctant acceptance that hes currently earned that right. Tuesday however is a must win, if the prize of playing the current best team in the world at home isnt enough then nothing will. I'll be the 1st one putting LJ out banners out on motorway bridges if we lose that.

Actually the last 10 league games read 

played 10 won 4 drawn 0 lost 6 score 16 conceded 19

or 12/30 points

39 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Not even close, in most of the other threads there are a few posts of crap and then some attempts at reasoned debate, on that thread there was the best part of a page dedicated to weather by one poster saying he assumed that another poster had a job was him actually saying that anyone without a job is a sponging bastard. That is why it was binned off as there was lots of that and very little actually about the football or even Bristol City as an entity. 

It was an utterly pathetic read...I give you that fella!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, City oz said:

Do you honestly think City will get promoted over the next two seasons with Johnson as manager is probably a question ?

Hes improved our finished position season on season so play offs this season top 2 next season ?......  

• Haha 1

If this is the start of s good run ,which I hope it is, then unfortunately we know at some point a bad one will be on the way. It is Johnson's  continued inability to resolve this and learn from this recurring problem that makes me disagree with the thread title of Johnson in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Honestly the tone in messages was quite toxic on the "In" thread

Much worse. Spud is bang on above with their comment

Sadly it just emphasis again how split our fan base has become recently 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

100% agree

I have expressed my thoughts on here often enough but I would just add that Johnson is Damned if he wins and damned if he loses.

I expect that , regardless of where we finish up this season, that a review of the coaching staff takes place at the end of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I have expressed my thoughts on here often enough but I would just add that Johnson is Damned if he wins and damned if he loses.

I expect that , regardless of where we finish up this season, that a review of the coaching staff takes place at the end of the season. 

And we all know kind old Uncle Steve will give his mate another season, regardless of what the fans may want.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

@Matty_Taylor_is_god

Don't be so paranoid and dramatic 

The reason the thread was hidden because it turned into over two pages of people insulting each other, once the comments and subsequent replies had been hidden there was nothing left as a thread

A number of warnings have gone out tonight to numerous posters about content posted 

Perhaps next time better to deal in facts?

So a normal day on OTIB! 😉 COYR 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Fair enough, didn’t realise that ...

52 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

And we all know kind old Uncle Steve will give his mate another season, regardless of what the fans may want.

If he improves our league position again I would certainly want him for another season. Why wouldn’t you? Unless you have an agenda of course

• Like 1

Appointing LJ was always going to be divisive with the fans, just as it was with him as a player and so it has proved, no surprise there.

I don’t think that’ll ever change until we eventually appoint a HC/Manager that the majority of the fanbase are truly behind.

No disrespect to LJ, who I really believe is busting a gut to do the best he can for this club, but just feel his skill levels fall well short of where we’re aiming to be.

t

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Appointing LJ was always going to be divisive with the fans, just as it was with him as a player and so it has proved, no surprise there.

I don’t think that’ll ever change until we eventually appoint a HC/Manager that the majority of the fanbase are truly behind.

No disrespect to LJ, who I really believe is busting a gut to do the best he can for this club, but just feel his skill levels fall well short of where we’re aiming to be.

t

Were do we expect to be ? 1 point of the playoffs ....

2 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

We achieved some decent results in the first third of the season, but for the last 6 weeks the football has been crap - and wins against the two worst clubs in the league can't disguise that.

As largely the same players are involved in the first bit of the season to now, you have to conclude the slump in form derives from  how they are instructed to play by the head coach.

I'm not a Johnson Out man - so put away the aubergine emoticon MTIG - but our current playing style, if you can call it a style, does raise some questions as to his coaching ability. Maybe he needs some extra help.

He has had more to spend than any city manager of the past, so we do have the right to expect  decent league finishes.

For now, I'll be happy with yesterday's win - and hopeful that this month will bring a robust central midfielder and a handy second striker.

But I'll not be uncritical of LJ when I think he's made mistakes.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Don’t think it’s got anything to do with expect, more so hope.  

After 40 years, it gets hard to keep hoping though!!!

2 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

If he improves our league position again I would certainly want him for another season. Why wouldn’t you? Unless you have an agenda of course

I have no anti-LJ agenda, in fact I quite like him and do believe he genuinely wants to be a city legend. I just don't believe he has the ability to get us promoted, doesn't have a clear plan, has no idea how to stop the losing streaks and is getting too easy a ride from the Lansdowns.😉

• Like 3

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

I have no anti-LJ agenda, in fact I quite like him and do believe he genuinely wants to be a city legend. I just don't believe he has the ability to get us promoted, doesn't have a clear plan, has no idea how to stop the losing streaks and is getting too easy a ride from the Lansdowns.😉

Yes, at last! 

2 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

t

If we want to stay in Championship, LJ is the man, but if we want the promise Land, then I think we must find someone with more experience, but SL is not willing to except that, 

If Bournemouth keep on their current run Eddie Howe may be available soon - I wonder if a guy of his calibre being available would sway SL's thinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

The highlighted bit is your opinion and it is posted to get a reaction from those who think we would be better off without him. In whos` opinions it is not "crap" but their beliefs.

Would it not be possible for all to take a step back and just accept others views and save the name calling/abuse for the opposition and not this clubs own fans.:dunno:

I apologise for any abuse/name calling by myself, you and a few others need to do likewise and chill a bit, we are all batting for the same side here.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Redstart said:

If Bournemouth keep on their current run Eddie Howe may be available soon - I wonder if a guy of his calibre being available would sway SL's thinking.

Would he come here though, us in a big scrap for top 6 and needing to freshen up the squad for financial reasons quite often?

17 hours ago, City oz said:

And you can guarantee we will obtain promotion to the Prem in the same timescale with the yet to be decided replacement can you?

When considering unknowns etc.....

Edited by MelksRed

16 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Many of us want LJ to stay

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Indeed and even those of us that want him gone are not unwilling to change that if he can sort the performances out. 

• Like 2
  • Rovers 1

3 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Indeed and even those of us that want him gone are not unwilling to change that if he can sort the performances out. 

100% correct!!!

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I wasn't suggesting everyone wants LJ gone. Just that it is irrelevant as SL doesn't really care. He decides on what he thinks, not the opinion of the supporters. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I honestly don't understand where this viewpoint (which I've seen stated by a number of different people) comes from. 

Johnson has consistently improved our league position year on year, so Lansdown has had absolutely no reason to sack him. All he's done is stick by the manager when he's gone through a bad patch, and so far he's always been justified in doing so. 

I've absolutely no doubt that if we don't finish in the play-offs this season (i.e. continue the seaosn on seaosn improvement), that a change of head coach will be seriously considered. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trueredsupporter said:

Matty_Taylor_is_god on the identity thread which isnt about Johnson out what was your contribution? posting crap?? ignoring polite questions??

Kind of awkward as I haven't posted in that thread so I am not too sure what you are on about, haven't even read it until now as I didn't think it was necessary to read through another pointless LJ bashing thread. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MelksRed said:

And you can guarantee we will obtain promotion to the Prem in the same timescale with the yet to be decided replacement can you?

When considering unknowns etc.....

Melks, , my question is around LJ not an alternative. If we loose another 4 or 5 on the trot we do need a new manager and the club will need to rebuild like any other. The way we are going and I’m trying to be positive is we might make the six. If so what a shambells we will be as we will be knocked out especially as some predict a fourth spot which means we will play the side finishing fourth. Under LJ we are not going to make the top six as our play Over the last two months  is very inconsistent. 

In a nut shell we are not a Prem side as we dont deserve it the way the team plays under LJ at the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Spud,

I want Prem football at the gate. Wake up mate LJ is not going to bring it 

• Aubergine 1

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

I honestly don't understand where this viewpoint (which I've seen stated by a number of different people) comes from. 

Johnson has consistently improved our league position year on year, so Lansdown has had absolutely no reason to sack him. All he's done is stick by the manager when he's gone through a bad patch, and so far he's always been justified in doing so. 

I've absolutely no doubt that if we don't finish in the play-offs this season (i.e. continue the seaosn on seaosn improvement), that a change of head coach will be seriously considered. 

He has had reasons to sack him,

the seasonal long run of poor results is reason, 

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He has had reasons to sack him,

the seasonal long run of poor results is reason, 

Nearly Every team in the champ has had a bad run.   I suspect the owner is satisfied being 1 point off the playoffs with 19 games to go 

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Spud,

I want Prem football at the gate. Wake up mate LJ is not going to bring it 

Which part of the bit where I made it patently obvious that I want LJ gone did you miss? Just because I want hum gone doesn't mean that I wouldn't be happy as Larry if results and performances pick up and we make it into the playoffs by the end of the season. 

18 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Nearly Every team in the champ has had a bad run.   I suspect the owner is satisfied being 1 point off the playoffs with 19 games to go 

Yea but if past seasons are anything to go by....when we’ve been in the play-off challenging only to collapse not once but twice, and if it happens again it will be a third season in a row of said collapses.......