Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yea but if past seasons are anything to go by....when we’ve been in the play-off challenging only to collapse not once but twice, and if it happens again it will be a third season in a row of said collapses.......

If that happens then I doubt LJ will have anywhere to hide as he has been backed from the top and his squad is big so he can’t blame injuries but until then I believe we will be in the top 6 

38 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

If that happens then I doubt LJ will have anywhere to hide as he has been backed from the top and his squad is big so he can’t blame injuries but until then I believe we will be in the top 6 

And that’s problem with the likes of me,

history appears to be repeating itself again,

if wigan is a start of something great but it’s yet to be seen,

that and since he’s been in charge our home form has been woeful 

i think it’s since 16/17 

played 82 won 35 drawn 22 lost 25

picking up 125 points out of 246 available

that is a real issue and a main source of negativity and Ill feelings,

the majority of fans only see home games and with such a poor record at home is the reason for it

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

And that’s problem with the likes of me,

history appears to be repeating itself again,

if wigan is a start of something great but it’s yet to be seen,

that and since he’s been in charge our home form has been woeful 

i think it’s since 16/17 

played 82 won 35 drawn 22 lost 25

picking up 125 points out of 246 available

that is a real issue and a main source of negativity and Ill feelings,

the majority of fans only see home games and with such a poor record at home is the reason for it

Look at Forest in the championship over the last  8 years.  9th, 17th, 21st , 16tg,14tg, 11th , 8th and 19th and their home record is a lot worse than ours,   I’m just pointing out that changing managers isn’t always the answer 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Look at Forest in the championship over the last  8 years.  9th, 17th, 21st , 16tg,14tg, 11th , 8th and 19th and their home record is a lot worse than ours,   I’m just pointing out that changing managers isn’t always the answer 

Forest also had financial problems and 2 transfer embargo’s 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Forest also had financial problems and 2 transfer embargo’s 

Yes because it cost a fortune to change managers and then the new one rips the team apart.   All I’m saying is that it’s not guaranteed success and it could put us back 5 years   It’s not just Forrest ,   MIDDLESBORO, Stoke, Derby qpr etc     Derby is a prime one , 9 managers in the last 10 years and from what I hear are not far from financial meltdown 

Stability does save the cost of replacing managers....and their coaching staff....and the players they want to bring in.

On the flip-side our head-coach has been allowed to bring in too many players, irrespective of fees paid out or generated.  Just too much player churn imho.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Stability does save the cost of replacing managers....and their coaching staff....and the players they want to bring in.

On the flip-side our head-coach has been allowed to bring in too many players, irrespective of fees paid out or generated.  Just too much player churn imho.

I can’t be arsed to check all squads but I’ve looked at 6 in the championship and they range from 27 to 33 players.  We have 31 or something close so I wouldn’t say we have more than others    We have fallen short the last few years and injuries have been blamed so now we have a big squad , ok a striker short and that is what is needed to push at the top end of the table.  We are even making a profit on transfers thanks to the big sells this summer so what’s the problem 

4 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I can’t be arsed to check all squads but I’ve looked at 6 in the championship and they range from 27 to 33 players.  We have 31 or something close so I wouldn’t say we have more than others    We have fallen short the last few years and injuries have been blamed so now we have a big squad , ok a striker short and that is what is needed to push at the top end of the table.  We are even making a profit on transfers thanks to the big sells this summer so what’s the problem 

I was agreeing with you.

Other clubs have bloated squads, and they too cost them money.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was agreeing with you.

Other clubs have bloated squads, and they too cost them money.

Apologies, I read it wrong.  
I am happy that we have got a big squad this year  it will play to our advantage towards the end of the season 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2020 at 07:24, Spud55 said:

Did you read the bloody thread? There were about 2 normal posts and then a load of absolute shite between a few people having a go at each other. 

Very much like most of the threads on this forum then!

21 hours ago, City oz said:

Spud,

I want Prem football at the gate. Wake up mate LJ is not going to bring it 

Thanks spud. All meant in jest. It shows we are all passionate about the club