IGNORED

Final prediction table...

spudski

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

What sort of psychotropic substances do they take to come to their results?

I don't use Football manager, but I'm informed they have one of best databases and football analytical systems for football in place. I can't imagine Sky Sports reporting it, if it was rubbish.

Perhaps someone who uses FM knows more.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't use Football manager, but I'm informed they have one of best databases and football analytical systems for football in place. I can't imagine Sky Sports reporting it, if it was rubbish.

They've got an incredible database but the match engine (what's used to simulate games) still isn't all that really.

And even if it were, it's still just a prediction anyway.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Obviously we can watch it all unfold now and see how it pans out, but their final positions for Brentford, Shef Wednesday and Birmingham just seems a bit mad.

Also Hull's final position could depend on Bowen staying. Mitrovic getting injured could be devastating for Fulham etc. 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Obviously we can watch it all unfold now and see how it pans out, but their final positions for Brentford, Shef Wednesday and Birmingham just seems a bit mad.

Also Hull's final position could depend on Bowen staying. Mitrovic getting injured could be devastating for Fulham etc. 

Exactly...managers come and go, injuries etc. Different dynamics every game.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

I wouldn’t bet against it, not exactly flying in the league & with further possible sanctions from the EFL, it could definitely be possible this season.

There are three worse teams than them I reckon and they don`t give much away at St Andrews.

I am ignoring the possibility of points deductions though.

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There are three worse teams than them I reckon and they don`t give much away at St Andrews.

I am ignoring the possibility of points deductions though.

A lot could depend on who brings in who during this month but I’m not sure what position Birmingham are in to improve on what they have? Could they also be looking at another transfer ban? Would that take affect so soon? They are in a bit of a mess, that’s for sure.

And while there are a few poor teams down there, Barnsley seem to be finding a bit of form & it only takes one or two others to do the same & Birmingham are in amongst it. 

The only ways we finish fourth are either a return to our lucky autumnal ways, a couple of signings that somehow transform our team, or everyone else gives up.

A win and 3 points yesterday was great but the underlying stats and performance suggest nothing was much different to our other recent games. Bar any magnificent signings I think we're most likely heading for a solid mid table finish. 12th.

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The only ways we finish fourth are either a return to our lucky autumnal ways, a couple of signings that somehow transform our team, or everyone else gives up.

A win and 3 points yesterday was great but the underlying stats and performance suggest nothing was much different to our other recent games. Bar any magnificent signings I think we're most likely heading for a solid mid table finish. 12th.

I'm praying for that one...

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

That's my overriding thought.

I honestly believe LJ is actually playing like this on purpose. Setting up to defend and not concede, and trying and nick games on the break.

It's almost self preservation tactics.

The likes of Kalas, DaSilva and Smith coming back in, is going to take weeks to integrate back properly to the levels we know they can play. Nagy playing with ankle injury. A defence that changes every week due to various circumstances. ( LJ on RB last night saying they will take criticism, but people aren't aware of players injuries, circumstances, even problems at home, as to why players aren't picked etc ).

Then players that one week are sublime and everyone saying they must play, putting in below par performances. A no win situation...that must be so frustrating.

It's certainly ugly football...but if he can keep us in it, and freshen up a few faces, perhaps he can turn it around and go on another run again.

My gut says mid table to 6th.

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Birmingham to go down? I can`t see that myself.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

No way Wednesday finish 13th (assuming no points deduction) and Wigan 14th.

Both been charged by EFL, and although this doesn’t include points deductions, I could see Brum getting minus 6 and Wednesday minus 20.

As a slightly related aside, I know there is always a lot of talk about us being streaky, 2 wins (and six points) in last 6, it's worth noting we are far from alone in that:

WBA have 1 win in six. 7 points from last six games.

Leeds 1 win in six. 6 points from last six games.

Preston 1 win in six. 6 points from last six games. 

All 3 teams that were flying - can't imagine trying to predict this league with the inevitable fluctuations in form. Preston were "Brentford" 10 games ago, I can imagine Brentford who some are tipping for top 2 even now, could easily drop off. 

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

As a slightly related aside, I know there is always a lot of talk about us being streaky, 2 wins (and six points) in last 6, it's worth noting we are far from alone in that:

WBA have 1 win in six. 7 points from last six games.

Leeds 1 win in six. 6 points from last six games.

Preston 1 win in six. 6 points from last six games. 

All 3 teams that were flying - can't imagine trying to predict this league with the inevitable fluctuations in form. Preston were "Brentford" 10 games ago, I can imagine Brentford who some are tipping for top 2 even now, could easily drop off. 

Definitely. Happens to just about every team in the division. And no doubt other clubs' fans are the same as some of ours who think that only their team are streaky.

We're not finishing 4th.

Might get 6th, if we can somehow build from yesterday, see players finally not getting niggling, rolling injuries- Kalas recurrence and possibly Brownhill though that maybe due to other reasons.

Wasn't there something about Nagy too earlier in the week?

I digress, Wigan won't finish 14th either- could well stay up but won't surge like that!

Archived