IGNORED

Final prediction table...

spudski

11 hours ago, spudski said:

I don't use Football manager, but I'm informed they have one of best databases and football analytical systems for football in place. I can't imagine Sky Sports reporting it, if it was rubbish.

Perhaps someone who uses FM knows more.

Forget 4th! My eldest - who is an accomplished FM player - won the title with City in 2019-20 and reports that a few matches into our return to the Prem he's just beaten Newcastle 9-0 at their place...substitute Adam Nagy scoring 3 screamers.

Even allowing for his having mastered the game - and acknowledging that it does have an immense database - this does however suggest a certain amount of dramatic licence!

I'm told that Massengo is a superstar in a defensive midfield role btw - and hasn't been signed by either Chelsea or Arsenal...

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We're not finishing 4th.

Might get 6th, if we can somehow build from yesterday, see players finally not getting niggling, rolling injuries- Kalas recurrence and possibly Brownhill though that maybe due to other reasons.

Wasn't there something about Nagy too earlier in the week?

I digress, Wigan won't finish 14th either- could well stay up but won't surge like that!

Why so sure? I mean you spend hours instructing us all on here about just about everything . and yet you seem so certain about this without putting any detail on why you think this is not possible, except that it all depends on Kalas and Brownhill and Nagy staying fit, Brownhill probably will not even be here beyond January. And yet we are in a January window, we could strengthen greatly, and add that Afobe just might make a huge difference in the run in.....

But you say we are not finishing 4th, and yet we are in touching distance, 57 points to play for.... and very well placed, crazy negative stuff.

13 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Why so sure? I mean you spend hours instructing us all on here about just about everything . and yet you seem so certain about this without putting any detail on why you think this is not possible, except that it all depends on Kalas and Brownhill and Nagy staying fit, Brownhill probably will not even be here beyond January. And yet we are in a January window, we could strengthen greatly, and add that Afobe just might make a huge difference in the run in.....

But you say we are not finishing 4th, and yet we are in touching distance, 57 points to play for.... and very well placed, crazy negative stuff.

Was a gut reaction, I'm not yet convinced that our performance level, is of a consistency that'll see us get 4th or even 3rd.

I've been banking on our performance level improving as injuries clear up but it hasn't really happened yet, has it? Certainly not consistently.

Brentford are better than us IMO, Fulham have the squad. Can't remember who is 5th..certainly not ruling out the playoffs, we're a point off with 40% of the season to go! It's a very congested field.

Kalas has had rolling injuries, Nagy is he fully fit? Brownhill is rumoured to be off to Burnley for £7m....however selling him in January, it's hopefully not going to happen. Too low a price as well surely?

We do need that striker in addition to Afobe and his possible return I think- Adams or Vydra on loan would do very nicely!

We're certainly not out of the race just yet though!

Archived