IGNORED

Cardiff v Swansea

Lanterne Rouge

I wish we played Rovers more often than we do. I hate the idea of them being in the same league as us, but at the same time it would make the season so much more interesting. I know we have a few derby games, including both Swansea and Cardiff, but it's not the same as playing Rovers.

Having a closely fought local derby also helps with public perception of both clubs in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Doesn't seem to be much trouble or arrests at Cardiff/Swansea games.

2k tickets for Swansea including travel on designated club coaches.

Yes times have changed, police on top now. I was making reference to a legendary incident from the past when a large number of bluebirds went swimming in swansea ?

21 minutes ago, Super said:

Really does prove that bar the top 3 or 4 this league is bang average. Truly terrible game of football.

I have been saying this all season and getting pelters for it. The standard is so  poor, shown by our league position. So frustrating, as i think a play off spot ( at least) is there for the taking.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

They just said it was a bubble match for Swansea, somehow I didn't realise it would be. 

Limited amount of personal travel available (mostly sold to far west Wales residents) and then the rest by coaches, residents in Cardiff made to travel from Swansea. 

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

Limited amount of personal travel available (mostly sold to far west Wales residents) and then the rest by coaches, residents in Cardiff made to travel from Swansea. 

Was working in wales before christmas and one cardiff fan said the game at swansea was the same the cardiff fans living outside cardiff had to travel to cardiff to get coach 

Let's be fair, derby matches and especially ones like this are often not the best games.

Yeah the standard of the League this year is questionable, but both will be highly committed, less time on the ball- often these games can be big levellers and neither will showcase their best.

Think Swansea looked pretty reasonable back in September at AG tbh.

45 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Is he giving it the `come on then`?

Probably. He looked to be joining in with the fans singing and clapping. Fair play to him and his mates I thought, being in with the fans and enjoying the match instead of being in some sterile hospitality or Wags area.

18 minutes ago, RedM said:

Probably. He looked to be joining in with the fans singing and clapping. Fair play to him and his mates I thought, being in with the fans and enjoying the match instead of being in some sterile hospitality or Wags area.

Wonder if he had to go to Swansea first in order to get a club coach there...

2 hours ago, hodge said:

1 hour ago, Highguy said:

Was working in wales before christmas and one cardiff fan said the game at swansea was the same the cardiff fans living outside cardiff had to travel to cardiff to get coach 

There was a Swansea fan on twitter who applied for personal travel but was declined simply because it was a limited number and he didn’t make the cut. He lives a 5 minute walk from Cardiff City stadium so had to travel to Swansea to get a coach back to Cardiff, then back to Swansea and home to Cardiff again!

Absolute madness, there has to be a better way.

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think the jacks still sing their version of `The Lion Sleeps Tonight` complete with actions.

Love the swim away, about 80 old ish jacks chased about 20 youngsters from port talbot who had hung about after a game up there. One of them was my cousins boyfriend at the time, he was 17, he learnt his lesson that day but he said it would have been like fighting my dads mates such was the age difference. Pretty sad stuff from Swansea but they hate the fact that Cardiff has a sizeable following right on their doorstep in PT and Neath.  They’ve had many battles over the years.

44 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

The worst stonie I’ve ever set eyes on

The worst stonie I’ve ever set eyes on

Check the stone island clad chav next to him, just had a hair transplant alleg :laugh:. He is the bother of a Swansea player Rodon who is also there. Wonder what sheff Utd think of him being there trying to goad home fans? 

6 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Check the stone island clad chav next to him, just had a hair transplant alleg :laugh:. He is the bother of a Swansea player Rodon who is also there. Wonder what sheff Utd think of him being there trying to goad home fans? 

Old couple looking on disapprovingly at it all.

22 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Just supporting his team I guess 

Archived