Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Lanterne Rouge

Cardiff v Swansea

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Draw best but anything but a Swans win.

...with a player each sent off (maybe Tomlin from Cardiff) - that would round off a good footballing weekend.

Swans all over them in the early exchanges.  They look a very decent side so far. Can’t believe Routledge is still going strong - he’s just missed a relatively easy chance. Decent atmosphere for a 12pm Sunday kick off as well. 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I suspect the Heddlu feel the same!

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Cardiff chased into the river is my prediction 😉

Doesn't seem to be much trouble or arrests at Cardiff/Swansea games.

2k tickets for Swansea including travel on designated club coaches.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

They just said it was a bubble match for Swansea, somehow I didn't realise it would be. 

Watching Cardiff play the ball about is making em a little jealous right now, we used to do that, now we just lump it a lot and struggle to get passes in a row

57 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Boring fact

Nether side have ever won both home and away games in the same season

Heard that in the commentary and still find it difficult to believe. Not sure however how many seasons they've been in the same division.

4 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

First half was reasonably entertaining to be fair. Getting more dire by the minute now, though.

Twenty minutes to go and neither side wants to lose now.

typical derby. Lots of endeavour, not much quality. Tomlin decent, but I'd be happy with that level of performance against us knowing how good he can be.

I wish we played Rovers more often than we do. I hate the idea of them being in the same league as us, but at the same time it would make the season so much more interesting. I know we have a few derby games, including both Swansea and Cardiff, but it's not the same as playing Rovers.

Having a closely fought local derby also helps with public perception of both clubs in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Doesn't seem to be much trouble or arrests at Cardiff/Swansea games.

2k tickets for Swansea including travel on designated club coaches.

Yes times have changed, police on top now. I was making reference to a legendary incident from the past when a large number of bluebirds went swimming in swansea 😂

• Like 3

Really does prove that bar the top 3 or 4 this league is bang average. Truly terrible game of football.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Really does prove that bar the top 3 or 4 this league is bang average. Truly terrible game of football.

Exactly, that’s how we’re in with a play off shout ! 

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

First half was reasonably entertaining to be fair. Getting more dire by the minute now, though.

Surely ......Dai = Er?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Yes times have changed, police on top now. I was making reference to a legendary incident from the past when a large number of bluebirds went swimming in swansea 😂

I think the jacks still sing their version of `The Lion Sleeps Tonight` complete with actions.

• Haha 1

We are still the only team to beat Cardiff at home in the league this season

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Super said:

I have been saying this all season and getting pelters for it. The standard is so  poor, shown by our league position. So frustrating, as i think a play off spot ( at least) is there for the taking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedM said:

They just said it was a bubble match for Swansea, somehow I didn't realise it would be. 

Limited amount of personal travel available (mostly sold to far west Wales residents) and then the rest by coaches, residents in Cardiff made to travel from Swansea. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

Limited amount of personal travel available (mostly sold to far west Wales residents) and then the rest by coaches, residents in Cardiff made to travel from Swansea. 

Was working in wales before christmas and one cardiff fan said the game at swansea was the same the cardiff fans living outside cardiff had to travel to cardiff to get coach 

Let's be fair, derby matches and especially ones like this are often not the best games.

Yeah the standard of the League this year is questionable, but both will be highly committed, less time on the ball- often these games can be big levellers and neither will showcase their best.

Think Swansea looked pretty reasonable back in September at AG tbh.