IGNORED

How about Howe ?

Major Isewater

This looks like it could be the season when the Bournemouth dream dies .

Just simply does anyone think that Eddie Howe could be attracted to Ashton Gate in the summer ? 

He would seem like the ideal candidate to take us to the next level.

Evidently he would have quite a few clubs after his services but I really think that we could be a good fit for him .

We have more potential than Bournemouth.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just simply does anyone think that Eddie Howe could be attracted to Ashton Gate in the summer ? 

Evidently he would have quite a few clubs after his services but I really think that we could be a good fit for him .

Didn’t Bournemouth massive overspend Russian oligarch money, breaching historic FFP rules, to get promotion? It’d be a much different challenge for Howe with us and new FFP restrictions. 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think he'd like the idea of the "project". but hasn't he had that with Bournemouth?

Also, there has been a lot of speculation of Howe as a future England manager, and he will surely be looking upwards for his next job, rather than down.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

I think he'd like the idea of the "project". but hasn't he had that with Bournemouth?

Also, there has been a lot of speculation of Howe as a future England manager, and he will surely be looking upwards for his next job, rather than down.

Actually thought he would get either Everton or West Ham jobs. Not sure now there is another PL job that might become available in the future which he might get. Might have to go down a level if he does leave Bournmouth.

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Didn’t Bournemouth massive overspend Russian oligarch money, breaching historic FFP rules, to get promotion? It’d be a much different challenge for Howe with us and new FFP restrictions. 

we've got a decent squad but not necessarily in the right order… 

(lame attempt at an Eric Morecambe joke)

He didn't overspend to get the promotions. A lot of players came through the leagues with him and were bought fairly cheaply so I think he'd buy into our policy. 

Also, taking another club up into the Premier league would add more power to his cv. I think we'd be an ideal fit for him. 

2 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

He didn't overspend to get the promotions. A lot of players came through the leagues with him and were bought fairly cheaply so I think he'd buy into our policy. 

Also, taking another club up into the Premier league would add more power to his cv. I think we'd be an ideal fit for him. 

He did and he didn't- check the accounts?

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Give it a rest. How about supporting the manager we have, that have us currently sat 2 point behind the playoffs, eh. 

Why are our fans suddenly so entitled? Listen to yourselves. 

It’s pretty obvious what the thread is about. So why bother coming on here?

Not self entitled. Just bored of rubbish football. 

24 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Plus, as GrahamC would surely say if he were here with us now, Eddie's forwards fall over in the box every game and are awarded penalties, which they then proceed to tuck away into the corner, and we wouldn't want that sort of thing at AG now would we? (I'd imagine Eddie doesn't want for "box entries," though, thinking about it)

33 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Would take Hughton over Howe every time

15 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

In the 2 seasons prior to promotion he spent around £3.5 million on players each season. In the first season in the Prem he spent around £40 million. Not exactly throwing it around. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/28/bournemouth-buys-premier-league-promotion

The wage bill, the turnover-- the FFP losses allowed at that time?

There's a reason that the EFL pursued them for 3 years? As they did Leicester! They eventually came to a settlement but the EFL didn't let go- 3 years they were in the PL before they eventually paid up or came to an arrangement.

4 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Think you have the words naughty and idiotic mixed up. 

Honestly have had enough of this fan base and the constant negativity. 

Not having another argument, can't be bothered. Good luck with employing Eddie Howe. ???

Well personally I'm not asking for Eddie Howe or anybody else for that matter, IF LJ can keep winning football matches.

Not sure why you think discussing the various merits etc of other managers should be taboo though.

Major has asked a reasonable question in my book.

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

Think you have the words naughty and idiotic mixed up. 

Honestly have had enough of this fan base and the constant negativity. 

Not having another argument, can't be bothered. Good luck with employing Eddie Howe. ???

It’s a forum. Ideas are discussed however outlandish they may seem to you. If LJ were ever to go I’m sure that SL would be interested in Howe. Whether he would be interested is another matter but you never know.   Yet again you are just picking a fight where it’s not needed. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The wage bill, the turnover-- the FFP losses allowed at that time?

Why do we think the EFL pursued them for 3 years? As they did Leicester!

I agree but he still has to coach them and he's been able to survive whilst playing attacking football. It's that pedigree that appeals to me as a potential future manager for us. Or maybe we should go for someone that's done average at Oldham and Barnsley again....... 

10 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Give it a rest. How about supporting the manager we have, the manager that has us 1 point behind the playoffs.

Also, why on god's earth would Eddie Howe come here? Just think about it. 

Why are our fans suddenly so entitled? Listen to yourselves. It's embarrassing.

Why are some fans always quick to get on other's backs? We are all wanting to improve the playing squad with better players than we already have, what's so different or wrong about wanting a better caliber of manager/coach? 

10 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Plus, as GrahamC would surely say if he were here with us now, Eddie's forwards fall over in the box every game and are awarded penalties, which they then proceed to tuck away into the corner, and we wouldn't want that sort of thing at AG now would we? (I'd imagine Eddie doesn't want for "box entries," though, thinking about it)

Oh no. GrahamC hasn’t passed away has he?

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

I agree but he still has to coach them and he's been able to survive whilst playing attacking football. It's that pedigree that appeals to me as a potential future manager for us. Or maybe we should go for someone that's done average at Oldham and Barnsley again....... 

That's a different argument.

To get there in the first place, he spent pretty well let's say- in certain aspects.

Archived