IGNORED

How about Howe ?

Major Isewater

14 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Plus, as GrahamC would surely say if he were here with us now, Eddie's forwards fall over in the box every and are awarded penalties, which they then proceed to tuck away into the corner, and we wouldn't want that sort of thing at AG now would we? (I'd imagine Eddie doesn't want for "box entries," though, thinking about it)

Have I missed something?

5 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

I agree but he still has to coach them and he's been able to survive whilst playing attacking football. It's that pedigree that appeals to me as a potential future manager for us. Or maybe we should go for someone that's done average at Oldham and Barnsley again....... 

You did say he didn't overspend,  which he blatantly did. Would be like a club say us paying players 60k a week.

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wouldn't mind Frank from Brnetford, though Smith has the promotion and a good stint with them too.

Seem to have a better balance under Frank than Smith though, yet still great footballing sides...Smith's sides are goal-filled- at both ends though!

Long may Aston Villa lose though!!

So you want a Thomas Frank? :laugh:  If it isn't Cockney rhyming, it should be 

I'm sure 99% of real City fans who go to games agree with Badger 08 but this forum is for 'all sorts' including people who do fantasy football etc. It also attracts people who only get thrills from being cricital of our players, fans, manager etc so i strongly suggest Badger takes a chill pill and does what 18000, 19,000 whatever City fans do and just walk away from OTiB, leaving it to those other groups mentioned.

Oh by the way I'd like Howe, Hughton, Klopp and all of them to come to Ashton Gate - we want all the fans we can get!

Just now, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

1 point off the playoffs. Embarrassing comment

4 years of crap football , long losing streaks ,

no play off campaign in 4 years ! 

If your happy with progress being judged on finishing 1 place higher every year  Or scoring a goal more than last season  your the type of fan who the club love , take your money , believe the spin , put up with crap football , 

but hey , small margins......

I suspect some on here will strongly disagree with me but I am not convinced Dean Smith’s record prior to Villa is much different to Johnson’s.

He got some decent results at an unfancied League One club without threatening to get them promoted and then got a job at an unfancied Championship club and tended to shape towards promotion mid-season only to fall short of the play-offs.

He then obviously got the Villa job and got one of the most well resourced teams in the division with probably the strongest squad in the division promoted, which was impressive given where they were when he took over but less so given what he had to work with.

And the reality is we are not one of the most well resourced teams in the division and we do not have the strongest squad in the division so the job he did here would likely be more comparable to the jobs he did at Walsall and Brentford.

I am not having a go at him - he is a very decent manager - but, whilst we might play better football under him than LJ, I see nothing in his time at comparable clubs that suggests our results would be significantly different.

Archived