IGNORED

How about Howe ?

Major Isewater

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Howe isn’t just some name thrown into the mix there are  good reasons why City could be a good fit for him and vice versa. 

The same Howe who a few ago was heavily linked with Everton and Arsenal? I admire your optimism but I find the suggestion laughable. 

15 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

This looks like it could be the season when the Bournemouth dream dies .

Just simply does anyone think that Eddie Howe could be attracted to Ashton Gate in the summer ? 

He would seem like the ideal candidate to take us to the next level.

Evidently he would have quite a few clubs after his services but I really think that we could be a good fit for him .

We have more potential than Bournemouth.

I think he’d struggle having to comply with FPP at this level.

Bournemouth couldn’t get up without breaching it last time.

38 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

The same Howe who a few ago was heavily linked with Everton and Arsenal? I admire your optimism but I find the suggestion laughable. 

Time has moved on . If SL is really committed to moving City up to the Prem with a young talented coach who has experience of promotion from the Championship and kept an unfashionable club in the top flight playing decent football there are very few candidates.

Equally for Howe , we are close to Bournemouth and we have a great environment for someone like him to shine in.

Optimist ? 

Why not . 

13 hours ago, Xiled said:

When Nigel Pearson falls out of favour at Watford, I would bring him to City in a heartbeat.

What a turnaround at Watford. He's the type of manager we need to get the best out of this squad.

Admittedly we'd be looking for another manger fairly soon but before he throws his toys out of the pram we might actually play with an identity.

And yes, I know I'm going to get pelters for this ?

And I can understand his post-match interviews. 

16 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m going to try & coax him back. 

Good idea.

I miss GrahamC terribly (he used to occasionally 'like' one of my posts!)

If you succeed he could return as GrahamCoaxed?

Or GrahamComeback? (I particularly like this one)

While you're at it have a go at Esmond, WTFiGO! & BobBobSuperBob, all equally inexplicable long term OTIB abstainers.

39 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good idea.

I miss GrahamC terribly (he used to occasionally 'like' one of my posts!)

If you succeed he could return as GrahamCoaxed?

Or GrahamComeback? (I particularly like this one)

While you're at it have a go at Esmond, WTFiGO! & BobBobSuperBob, all equally inexplicable long term OTIB abstainers.

Graham told me last year he's "stepping back" from most social media. 

I think he found some of the people you encounter on it a bit wearing - to put it mildly - and it was taking up too much of his time. Which it probably does for all of us!

You can still find him occasionally on Ziderheads, but that's about it.

A big shame because he was one of the most level-headed,  decent forum members here.

11 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yeah he's still active on twitter as I think I saw earlier on in the thread. I'm sure the assumption by some of his premature demise will amuse him nonetheless. Top man and always good value for a conversation (never a quick one!) about all things BCFC. 

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Yeah he's still active on twitter as I think I saw earlier on in the thread. I'm sure the assumption by some of his premature demise will amuse him nonetheless. Top man and always good value for a conversation (never a quick one!) about all things BCFC. 

Reg, as we all sit together at football; I can safely say he keeps my boys entertained with his constant abuse of the ref; and linesman.

He mentioned to me, that he's aware of what the forums say; but wants to stay off them, as apart from a few; they are full of idiots nowadays.

Got as much chance of Eddie signing, of Graham coming back in the short term.

10 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Reg, as we all sit together at football; I can safely say he keeps my boys entertained with his constant abuse of the ref; and linesman.

He mentioned to me, that he's aware of what the forums say; but wants to stay off them, as apart from a few; they are full of idiots nowadays.

Got as much chance of Eddie signing, of Graham coming back in the short term.

Absolutely - Harry has learned a few new words as a result of his "feedback" to the officials in the last couple of years! 

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think he found some of the people you encounter on it a bit wearing - to put it mildly - and it was taking up too much of his time. Which it probably does for all of us!

Fair enough.

Some wearisome posters and subjects to be given a wide berth of course, but for me posting on OTIB remains enjoyable on the whole.

I've always found a short self imposed break - longest for me was 6-7 weeks iirc.- enough to rekindle enthusiasm for posting.

Each to their own though.

24 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Fair enough.

Some wearisome posters and subjects to be given a wide berth of course, but for me posting on OTIB remains enjoyable on the whole.

I've always found a short self imposed break - longest for me was 6-7 weeks iirc.- enough to rekindle enthusiasm for posting.

Each to their own though.

No one should take OTIB too seriously. It’s a bit of fun and a substitute for the pub conversations that we can’t have for various reasons.

I think the Corbyn election fiasco fandango was a hammer blow to GrahamC, and not one he saw coming, either, and will have likely prolonged his absence from this place, as he takes time to lick his wounds, and perhaps see the error of his, if not ways, then political views as all Corbynisti reflect on a bruising defeat ....

21 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

This looks like it could be the season when the Bournemouth dream dies .

Just simply does anyone think that Eddie Howe could be attracted to Ashton Gate in the summer ? 

He would seem like the ideal candidate to take us to the next level.

Evidently he would have quite a few clubs after his services but I really think that we could be a good fit for him .

We have more potential than Bournemouth.

Usually you post interesting, factual and reasoned remarks. This is not one of them ?

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

LJ is 100% through and through City .If he thought he couldn’t do the club justice any longer he would , most likely, quit.

Utter nonsense, sorry.

He is a professional football coach and would either wait for his compo or bugger off the first time a bigger job became available to him, and I wouldn't blame him..

His football loyalties were firmly set well before he was 25 years old which is when he came to City.

45 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Utter nonsense, sorry.

He is a professional football coach and would either wait for his compo or bugger off the first time a bigger job became available to him, and I wouldn't blame him..

His football loyalties were firmly set well before he was 25 years old which is when he came to City.

Oh , OK .

3 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think the Corbyn election fiasco fandango was a hammer blow to GrahamC, and not one he saw coming, either, and will have likely prolonged his absence from this place, as he takes time to lick his wounds, and perhaps see the error of his, if not ways, then political views as all Corbynisti reflect on a bruising defeat ....

The defeat would have been a sore one, indeed. He's no fan of Corbyn though.  

Archived