IGNORED

Aston Villa..

bcfc01

Just now, bcfc01 said:

..Losing 0-4 at half time home to Manchester City.

Cements them in the bottom three.

Hope we see them next year and hopefully they get a nice welcome from the EFL re their dubious FFP activities.

Be interesting to see if the EFL takes appropriate action. Interesting also Bournemouth also could face problems 

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Got  no interest in Villa coming down. They are blatantly better than us whereas clubs like Watford we would have a chance of finishing above 

If the EFL get their act together and Villa come down, they could end up with a penalty that sends them to League 1...

Love it! They spent an absolute bucket load in the summer on some pretty random and average players and it's great to watch them fail horribly. 

If we ever reach the prem we'd approach it like Burnley have, and I'm sure, build a cohesive squad and improve slowly year on year. 

I love when so called big clubs have a fall from grace and think the only thing they have to do is throw money at it and they will relive the glory days and it doesn't work! 

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Got  no interest in Villa coming down. They are blatantly better than us whereas clubs like Watford we would have a chance of finishing above 

Cheats shouldn't prosper though, don't you agree? The points penalty they'd be looking at if true could be 11 pts at best, maybe 15-20 pts...think they'd struggle to get above us then? :)

Down down deeper and down! :pray::pray:

9 minutes ago, lenred said:

Indeed. But how will they receive the reduction in the first place? 

Well it's not guaranteed but there is a strong feeling that they breached FFP.

There are doubts about the validity of their stadium sale...their losses will have been huge. They list as an operating figure £50m or maybe it was more in 2017/18 and that was with £33m of parachute payments! 

I saw a £60m loss for last season mooted. Some will of course have been deductible- academy etc but based on precedent, for an exceeding of their loss of say £15m over the limit over 3 years- and they would be, that's 12 points.

Deliberate breach, that's another 3.

Escalating losses- well maybe that could be another charge but it could also be included under 'Deliberate'?

You might knock off one for compliance with say soft embargo in 2018 summer window, while there were issues but that's up for debate- that could've been for tax bill and not FFP. So it's a matter of opinion.

Or it could simply be all included under an aggravated breach- 12 + 9-1.

Loss limit alone looks like 12 though and being conservative I'd say 11 minimum.

Also don't forget the other clubs...Birmingham for the heinous offence of under £10m, over, admitting to it and signing Pedersen under a soft embargo, possibly escalated due to other clubs anger. Got 9 points and some rolling transfer restrictions.

Well imagine what the rest of the Championship will think of Aston Villa and their actions as they lost quite a bit more and benefitted financially from their promotion...the League is ultimately run by the clubs!!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well it's not guaranteed but there is a strong feeling that they breached FFP.

There are doubts about the validity of their stadium sale...their losses will have been huge. They list as an operating figure £50m or maybe it was more in 2017/18 and that was with £33m of parachute payments! 

I saw a £60m loss for last season mooted. Some will of course have been deductible- academy etc but based on precedent, for an exceeding of their loss of say £15m over the limit over 3 years- and they would be, that's 12 points.

Deliberate breach, that's another 3.

Escalating losses- well maybe that could be another charge but it could also be included under 'Deliberate'?

You can knock off one for compliance with say soft embargo in 2018 summer window, while there were issues but that's up for debate.

Or it could simply be all included under an aggravated breach- 12 + 9-1.

Loss limit alone looks like 12 though and being conservative I'd say 11 minimum.

Thanks.  Will the EFL enforce it though after they’ve been out of the league for a season?  Or will they just brush it under the carpet?  Would take balls to charge them imo and the EFL don’t have a great track record on that score.  

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Thanks.  Will the EFL enforce it though after they’ve been out of the league for a season?  Or will they just brush it under the carpet?  Would take balls to charge them imo and the EFL don’t have a great track record on that score.  

Even the EFL under Harvey- who was pretty woeful in a lot of respects and frankly not the ideal man for the EFL CEO role-pursued Bournemouth for their fine and Leicester for theirs, and was dogged with QPR.

Rick Parry and possibly even Debbie Jevans strike me as significantly different to Harvey. All of this clampdown has accelerated since the former (Harvey) went and the latter 2 arrived/stepped up.

Only time will tell of course though.

Put it this way, just a personal view, but IF Harvey was still in charge, I reckon Bury would have been allowed to start the season!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Even the EFL under Harvey- who was pretty woeful in a lot of respects and frankly not the ideal man for the EFL CEO role-pursued Bournemouth for their fine and Leicester for theirs, and was dogged with QPR.

Rick Parry and possibly even Debbie Jevans strike me as significantly different to Harvey. All of this clampdown has accelerated since the former (Harvey) went and the latter 2 arrived/stepped up.

Only time will tell of course though.

Well here’s hoping that they a) go down and then b) get the punishment they deserve! 

Archived