IGNORED

Aston Villa..

bcfc01

41 minutes ago, daored said:

Be interesting to see if the EFL takes appropriate action. Interesting also Bournemouth also could face problems 

I really hope ‘Afc’ Bournemouth come down.Dont get me wrong, Eddie Howes done a fantastic job for them over the last few years but their fans are a bit above their station at the moment.Would be great to see them slide back to league two in their natural position.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Absolute class . Was class at Ashton Gate when Sane scored . Putting his hands up to our fans after Sane celebration 

Also when de Bruyne picked up the ball from our end and Aguero scored if memory serves me.

you just had to stand and clap amazing football 

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Top all round bloke, Sergio

I have said to many people after our game against them, that he fits into the very small category of players who I would have paid money to watch on their own (maybe 10 in 55 years?). Incredible movement on and off the ball.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have said to many people after our game against them, that he fits into the very small category of players who I would have paid money to watch on their own (maybe 10 in 55 years?). Incredible movement on and off the ball.

10, in 55 years?

So, the others might be:

1. Bergkamp.

2. Le Tissier. 

3. Hoddle. 

4. Best.

5. Law.

6. Charlton. 

7. Daniel, Colin.

8. How am I doing?

9. Dziekanowski?

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

10, in 55 years?

So, the others might be:

1. Bergkamp.

2. Le Tissier. 

3. Hoddle. 

4. Best.

5. Law.

6. Charlton. 

7. Daniel, Colin.

8. How am I doing?

9. Dziekanowski?

Sorry I should have been more specific, as in live. Before I saw Aguerro "live" I could never understand how he could arrive in and around the area in so much space.

I would have to dig through the memory banks for a complete list but, the following names are definitely there

Bobby Charlton - playing for England, would be one of the first in the 60's

Kevin Keegan 

Kenny Dalglish

Ardiles

Hoddle

Brooking (played in a West Ham team reduced to 10 men by injury and played our whole midfield off the park on his own)

Of the City players

Chris Crowe

Gerry Sharpe

Jacki 

and probably unpopularly, Nicky Maynard.

I don’t ‘hate’ any club - not even the Gas. Hate is a very overused word which normally means something much milder  

However, there are a number of clubs that I dislike, and have to say, make me smile when they lose. Villa are one such club. I’m very pleased with tonight’s result and would love them to make an immediate return to the second tier - especially when Sheffield United are flying high. 

Other teams that fit the same ‘dislike’ mould for me are Leeds, Millwall, Cardiff and Preston (Preston simply because we absolutely CANNOT beat them, regardless of respective form and league positions). 

With the Gas, I simply don’t care about them - they’re irrelevant. I may feel differently if by some miracle they end up in the Championship with us, but for now they are simply another lower league side which can’t affect us. 

EDIT - I forgot to mention Derby on my dislike list - I went into one of their forums last season to thank them for letting us have Weimann - and the responses I got, whilst not hostile or aggressive, were so condescending and arrogant that I smile every time I look at the table and see us above them. Saying things like ‘He’ll be good for you, but he doesn’t match our ambitions’ or words to that effect. 

2 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Be interesting to see how Villa recover from this result. Just goes to show what an amazing job Hufflepuff has done with Saints after the 9 they conceded versus Leicester 

Yep he’s done a fantastic job to get them out of it at the moment.  Thought they were gone after that game. 

9 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

I always thought Bournemouth’s finances were sustainable bearing in mind they’ve been in the prem for a few seasons

It's hard to say.

Accounts last year- and tbh best discussed on the FFP thread- but £10.8m in the PL, while certainly no disaster, is interesting- PL a license to print money? Apparently not...

Some of that will be building the infrastructure granted, and a proportion was the FFP fine but...

Archived