IGNORED

Aston Villa..

bcfc01

52 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's hard to say.

Accounts last year- and tbh best discussed on the FFP thread- but £10.8m in the PL, while certainly no disaster, is interesting- PL a license to print money? Apparently not...

Some of that will be building the infrastructure granted, and a proportion was the FFP fine but...

1 hour ago, real_bristol said:

I always thought Bournemouth’s finances were sustainable bearing in mind they’ve been in the prem for a few seasons

I was under the impression they over spent when getting promoted, and would be subject to FFP restrictions if relegated back into EFL?

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

10, in 55 years?

So, the others might be:

1. Bergkamp.

2. Le Tissier. 

3. Hoddle. 

4. Best.

5. Law.

6. Charlton. 

7. Daniel, Colin.

8. How am I doing?

9. Dziekanowski?

Best and Bergkamp - had the pleasure of watching both live (as well as all the others on your list).

Those two are stand out - especially Best, never seen better since.

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

Talking of teams getting thrashed 6-1 see our women's team got walloped again today, have to say and I know it won't go down well but is there any point to them?

They’re a relative new team to the WPL, and mixing with some teams with huge budgets compared to our Ladies.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Love to see it!!

Their injuries, their current position plus of course, the effect on morale if they get a real hammering here, will set up a tough old final stint to the season for them...let's hope Watford continue to pull away, pile more pressure on Aston Villa and increase their chances of rejoining the EFL.

Think the money they spent in the summer, coupled now with a relegation battle will constrain their spending in this window.  They must be bricking going down and falling under same review as Wednesday, Brum etc.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think the money they spent in the summer, coupled now with a relegation battle will constrain their spending in this window.  They must be bricking going down and falling under same review as Wednesday, Brum etc.

Run out of likes but I agree - they must be dreading coming down and what awaits them..

At least another season out of the EPL (where they belong apparently) and maybe, hopefully, worse.

Same for fellow cheats Bournemouth (although a nice weekend on the coast in August would be nice).

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Run out of likes but I agree - they must be dreading coming down and what awaits them..

At least another season out of the EPL (where they belong apparently) and maybe, hopefully, worse.

Same for fellow cheats Bournemouth (although a nice weekend on the coast in August would be nice).

Punished under the old regulations I believe, can it be reopened and the new ones applied? I'm unsure!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Punished under the old regulations I believe, can it be reopened and the new ones applied? I'm unsure!

Yeah, I remember something about that - they've got away with it first time.

If they come down they'll probably chuck the millions at it again.......and hopefully fail.

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yeah, I remember something about that - they've got away with it first time.

If they come down they'll probably chuck the millions at it again.......and hopefully fail.

Ironically, they may not have failed- touch and go, but may not have failed- under the new regs with their losses, and allowable costs.

I'd have to look in more depth of course and there's no doubt that they are a misleading example that people cite when they state 'Well Bournemouth do it, so why can't we'.

You could always if applying the old regs in a new way, demand the remaining balance from the settlement agreement, maybe. Embargo?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t thinking retrospective, thinking more general losses in season 20/21, 19/20 and 18/19.

Possibly cross purposes here, I was referring to Bournemouth. 

Aston Villa, unsure how you'd work it. You could look at last 3 years as a Championship club afresh, you could look at 2017/18-2019/20 as the 3 most recently completed seasons (2 at this level, one in PL) or you could look at in-season ie beginning 2018/19 with T being the judgement date in March 2021.

26 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

My favourite heckle of all time when he came on as a sub at Ashton Gate and someone said "**** that drink cider" and it felt like it was quiet enough that most people heard.

Unbelievable to think he earns more than £100k a week

In fairness to him it was madness starting him today given that he has barely played any football and how good the opposition were!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Possibly cross purposes here, I was referring to Bournemouth. 

Aston Villa, unsure how you'd work it. You could look at last 3 years as a Championship club afresh, you could look at 2017/18-2019/20 as the 3 most recently completed seasons (2 at this level, one in PL) or you could look at in-season ie beginning 2018/19 with T being the judgement date in March 2021.

I was referring to AFCB too. Projected accounts in 20/21 would be interesting.

31 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

My favourite heckle of all time when he came on as a sub at Ashton Gate and someone said "**** that drink cider" and it felt like it was quiet enough that most people heard.

Unbelievable to think he earns more than £100k a week

Could have been a different person but “DRINK CIDER YOUUUU PANSAYYYYYY” was the shout I heard!

2 hours ago, pillred said:

Talking of teams getting thrashed 6-1 see our women's team got walloped again today, have to say and I know it won't go down well but is there any point to them?

Yes during the 2nd world war the women played instead of the men then FA banned them from playing. FA Hang your heads in SHAME 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They’re a relative new team to the WPL, and mixing with some teams with huge budgets compared to our Ladies.

What I was trying to get at is are the club really serious about a ladies team? and if they are why are they not supported financially, it can't be good for there moral to get thrashed most weeks.

8 hours ago, The Batman said:

Aguero has now scored more PL goals than Henry

Who would my fellow Otib-ers have out of the two? 

Different types of players but I'd go for Aguero simply because hes a pest in the box. He is always in the right position for a rebound etc and for such a small guy (hes only an inch taller than midget LJ) his heading and jumping ability is very impressive. Aguero just keeps things very simple and I feel he is vastly underrated by many.

Who can forget that last second winner against QPR too? That has the be the Premier Leagues most memorable moment. Even I was dancing around the room and I'm not even a Man City fan! 

19 hours ago, daored said:

I was under the impression they over spent when getting promoted, and would be subject to FFP restrictions if relegated back into EFL?

That was under the old rules and they were fined for the breach, although I am sure they were laughing all the way to the premier league bank at such a swingeing fine! the fine addressed their previous breach, so the only sanctions the EFL could apply if they are relegated would be for breaches under the new rules. 

Bournemouth were fined £7.6m by the Football League for breaching Financial Fair Play rules in their promotion-winning season.

The club’s accounts were published at Companies House on Friday 29 April and they revealed the Cherries had reported a loss of £38.3m as they won the Sky Bet Championship in the 2014/2015 campaign.

The Football League set Financial Fair Play limits of permitted maximum losses at £6m for a season, “consisting of a maximum adjusted loss of £3m plus a further maximum of £3m of shareholder investment.”

In that one season they racked up a loss that would exceed the maximum now allowed by a championship club over 3 seasons!!!

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

You may have to 'enjoy' Bristol City getting a smacked ass if we play Liverpool under 21s!

Slight correction Roger.

The bigger worry is that we might have to "enjoy" getting a smacked ass tomorrow night! :shocking:

Archived