IGNORED

Shrewsbury Tuesday

Ben4BCFC

Absolute long shot, but wondering if anyone is leaving Bristol last minute on Tuesday for the Shrewsbury game? Really fancy it but can’t get work off so would just need to shift hours to earlier & jump in a car with someone. Obviously would cover petrol money. Any leaving may be too early anyway, but thought I’d throw it out there in case something suits.

? ⚪️ 

30 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Absolute long shot, but wondering if anyone is leaving Bristol last minute on Tuesday for the Shrewsbury game? Really fancy it but can’t get work off so would just need to shift hours to earlier & jump in a car with someone. Obviously would cover petrol money. Any leaving may be too early anyway, but thought I’d throw it out there in case something suits.

? ⚪️ 

Unlikely but I will be leaving Trowbridge at 3ish and have space if anyone wants to jump in 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Be interesting to know when it would get played if it did get called off.

Probably next Tuesday / Wed, but would that be sufficient time to organise a home game (for either side) v Liverpool that weekend?

Not sure what would happen here but I THINK, and I have no idea where this has come from to be honest, if we played the following week the 4th Round fixture would be moved to the replay date for that round.

48 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

To be honest, i was quite impressed by their football at AG, so who knows.

Bit lucky to be ahead at half time, us I mean and Shrewsbury certainly looked better 2nd half. 

Hopefully this win Saturday will be a starting point. We can gradually build with a big showcase tie the reward for the winners. Important game IMO.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably next Tuesday / Wed, but would that be sufficient time to organise a home game (for either side) v Liverpool that weekend?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bit lucky to be ahead at half time, us I mean and Shrewsbury certainly looked better 2nd half. 

Hopefully this win Saturday will be a starting point. We can gradually build with a big showcase tie the reward for the winners. Important game IMO.

Reading would need to know what`s happening (assuming they don`t beat Blackpool in their replay). Tickets haven`t even gone on sale for the league game yet so they`re going to need more than three days for that.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Could it be played 24 hours later? The weather forecast for Wednesday looks a lot better than for Tuesday. 

Clearly it would hugely inconvenience our fans if it was pushed back by 24 hours at relatively short notice (eg late on Tuesday afternoon) and Shrewsbury might also not be able to get the game on 24 hours later given the need for a certain number of stewards (who might not all be able to work on Wednesday at short notice), unless it’s played behind closed doors. 

Pushing it back to Tuesday 21st wouldn’t give much time for Liverpool, potentially Reading, and either City or Shrewsbury to sell tickets for the game(s) on the 25th / 26th, although I’m sure it could be done. 

42 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Clearly it would hugely inconvenience our fans if it was pushed back by 24 hours at relatively short notice (eg late on Tuesday afternoon) and Shrewsbury might also not be able to get the game on 24 hours later given the need for a certain number of stewards (who might not all be able to work on Wednesday at short notice), unless it’s played behind closed doors.

Think the basic formula is one steward per 250 fans. Unsure how that breaks down or pans out from there, or is still for 2020 but I read it online.

Does it include eg fire or carpark stewards? Who knows. Very rare for a game to be called off due to lack of available stewards but it must have happened at one point.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Not sure Liverpool would want it rearranged. Start of Feb they are on the 2 week Premier League winter break 1st to 15th Feb  so I’m presuming they will have arranged training etc.already and wouldn’t want to play.

Half of them will be their u21 players and the other half fringe players as per the 3rd round.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

In the past with other clubs postponed replays have been played on the date of the next round.

Archived