IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

9 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

"The move to Twerton Park will provide supporters with upgraded facilities" 

Not a sentence that's been uttered by many I would guess! 

I've been to both Twerton and WISE campus, and that sentence is a verifiable lie.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Perhaps they were mindful of that notorious FA Cup game a few seasons ago v Doncaster. I had a ticket for that and saw the droves leaving before kick-off.

That was entirely the ref and BBC's doing

Those at Weston told us after the first inspection on the morning that the game would never be played that day

If City were that annoyed with WSM they wouldn't have taken the U23s there last season

• The title was changed to [Benedicte] Haaland signs for City [Women]- Genuinely official

Opening game of the season and plenty to ponder over, it seems. Not sure where Everton will sit in the table but they look improved on recent years. Tanya Oxtoby praised the team for the application shown and accepting it is a significantly young new squad this time around, but the signs are a little concerning. Still, lots of games left to turn the effort into results.

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Opening game of the season and plenty to ponder over, it seems. Not sure where Everton will sit in the table but they look improved on recent years. Tanya Oxtoby praised the team for the application shown and accepting it is a significantly young new squad this time around, but the signs are a little concerning. Still, lots of games left to turn the effort into results.

I thought we looked beaten all over the pitch. We put in lot's of effort but it's going to be one hard season ahead 

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Are Chelsea good or are we terrible?

I think the top teams (3 or 4) are spending a fortune now compared with a few seasons ago. There could be a danger of the WSL becoming like the Scots Premier, where there are some big thrashings as the budgets are hugely different from the top and bottom of the league.

I was reading today that most of the transfers in the ladies game are free, end of contract moves. Very few have involved an actual transfer fee so far. 

In many respects I think it's the pulling power of the team names that are attracting the best players to certain clubs. 

For smaller names to attract the best talent they need to pay more and promote the ladies game to make it bigger within the club. 

Ourselves, Birmingham and Reading are now the only teams in the WSL who don't have a mens team in the Premier League. A few years ago the league made up of half or less of the Premier League names. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I was reading today that most of the transfers in the ladies game are free, end of contract moves. Very few have involved an actual transfer fee so far. 

In many respects I think it's the pulling power of the team names that are attracting the best players to certain clubs. 

For smaller names to attract the best talent they need to pay more and promote the ladies game to make it bigger within the club. 

Ourselves, Birmingham and Reading are now the only teams in the WSL who don't have a mens team in the Premier League. A few years ago the league made up of half or less of the Premier League names. 

Apparently Chelsea/Arsenal spend 6 times what Liverpool were spending on wages last season, that can't help with preventing a divide. 

• Like 1