IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

2 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Should have their own separate website. Couldn't give a toss about the women's team. 

I always think it's funny when someone says they have no interest in a subject, comes to a thread that is clearly about the thing they are not interested in, and post's to tell everyone how not interested they are.

• Like 16

Have to agree with some comments on here that the Vixens looked awful. I will accept that the money divide between us and Chelsea is a significant factor in attracting talent, but the performance was appalling. Only a couple of seasons ago they were able to take on the best and given them a game. Not now. It looked more like a cup game between two much different levels.

The home side (and the other usual suspects) are going to fight it out amongst themselves for trophies again and the rest of the division will be engaged in the struggle to avoid the drop. The growing gulf is becoming a real problem for the image of the women's game. Perhaps the FA (who control the WSL, not the Premiership) are not too concerned as long as the international side are successful.

Either way, I feel that the girls are not performing as well as they should. Is it simply a lack of talent drawn to the club? Is there a deeper concern that they are not performing for the head coach? Oxtoby has been here over two seasons now and the lack of improvement is starting to become more noticeable. If this was a men's side the grumbling would be loud by now.

Still, onto the next game: Arsenal.

The comms team are keen to promote all things related to the womens team normally....well it's now 3 hours after the 9 0 loss to Chelsea and there is nothing on the website!

I'm all for promoting the womens game but you have to promote it when they get embarassed as well as when they win (if the mens team lost 9 0 it would be up on the site like normal )

41 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Have to agree with some comments on here that the Vixens looked awful. I will accept that the money divide between us and Chelsea is a significant factor in attracting talent, but the performance was appalling. Only a couple of seasons ago they were able to take on the best and given them a game. Not now. It looked more like a cup game between two much different levels.

The home side (and the other usual suspects) are going to fight it out amongst themselves for trophies again and the rest of the division will be engaged in the struggle to avoid the drop. The growing gulf is becoming a real problem for the image of the women's game. Perhaps the FA (who control the WSL, not the Premiership) are not too concerned as long as the international side are successful.

Either way, I feel that the girls are not performing as well as they should. Is it simply a lack of talent drawn to the club? Is there a deeper concern that they are not performing for the head coach? Oxtoby has been here over two seasons now and the lack of improvement is starting to become more noticeable. If this was a men's side the grumbling would be loud by now.

Still, onto the next game: Arsenal.

That's going to be at least 8-0

1 minute ago, Matthew me said:

All seems a bit pointless. Doesn't really help the club's reputation to be seen as a joke team

Getting hammered every week and being rooted at the foot of the table doesn't help anyone

Why don't they just play a lower level 

If they aren’t good enough for this level they will be relegated and then will be at a lower level.  

2 hours ago, Redpool said:

Should have their own separate website. Couldn't give a toss about the women's team. 

I'm glad you don't work for the marketing team then!

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

The race for equality just ended up with needless pressure on very rich clubs to ‘buy’ their way to success, creating the same monopoly we see in the men’s game.

The unintended consequences that blight modern society.

That's true I guess but investing in the women is also a noble move. Lyon took the female set up seriously and now have the best team in the world. That gives French women an incentive to play football.

9 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

All seems a bit pointless. Doesn't really help the club's reputation to be seen as a joke team

Getting hammered every week and being rooted at the foot of the table doesn't help anyone

We were in the Champions League a few years ago!

23 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Because they didn’t get relegated perhaps? Or would you want the men’s team relegated if we finished 20th a couple of seasons in a row? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Because they didn’t get relegated perhaps? Or would you want the men’s team relegated if we finished 20th a couple of seasons in a row? 

Sorry, your response doesn't make a lot of sense.

I just said it's not great to be getting hammered week in and week out. It's pointless for the vixens to be getting smashed every week.

When they drop a level, it will do them good. 

19 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Sorry, your response doesn't make a lot of sense.

I just said it's not great to be getting hammered week in and week out. It's pointless for the vixens to be getting smashed every week.

When they drop a level, it will do them good. 

Point is you’re advocating leaving the top division in the country when they haven’t played badly enough to be relegated, why would you want to play at a lower standard? Regardless of results I imagine all the players would rather be playing in the top division. Also dropping a level probably means we couldn’t pay half the players anyway. 

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

Ouch! - I knew there was a difference between the top teams and the lesser teams, but that is well scary.

Possession
Home77%
Away23%
Shots
Home39
Away1
Shots on Target
Home21
Away0
Corners
Home8
Away0
Fouls
Home5
Away9

Those stats are embarrassing and shocking.

Its supposed to be a professional league - it obviously is at one level.

26 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Point is you’re advocating leaving the top division in the country when they haven’t played badly enough to be relegated, why would you want to play at a lower standard? Regardless of results I imagine all the players would rather be playing in the top division. Also dropping a level probably means we couldn’t pay half the players anyway. 

I doubt it.

If you asked the team if they'd rather be bottom of the table all year and get hammered every week or play in a lower league and wim some matches, I know what I'd pick, and I'm sure they would also

It's a complete waste of time playing a team that score every 10 minutes. Who does that help?

Just now, WarksRobin said:

You’ve just described the gas mentality

I really don't agree. The Gas have a loser mentality.... It wouldn't even register as an option for them 

You can't seriously advocate wanting to be in a league getting hammered by embarrassing scorelines and killing players confidence every week can you?

A season in the lower league with a promotion will do them the world of good. It creates a different atmosphere and confidence 

I see zero benefit from.beinf hammered week in and week out 

That's not a gas mentality, that's common sense 

8 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

I really don't agree. The Gas have a loser mentality.... It wouldn't even register as an option for them 

You can't seriously advocate wanting to be in a league getting hammered by embarrassing scorelines and killing players confidence every week can you?

A season in the lower league with a promotion will do them the world of good. It creates a different atmosphere and confidence 

I see zero benefit from.beinf hammered week in and week out 

That's not a gas mentality, that's common sense 

You mean other than playing in the top division which allows them to pay the players as they do, drop down a league and you’ll have to lose a fair chunk and therefore no guarantee of going up again and being stuck down there, meantime losing out on any money they could get from being top division as it’ll trickle down a lot less in the women’s game while the top division starts to bring in more.

Edited by Lrrr