Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

All things Bristol City Women


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

"The move to Twerton Park will provide supporters with upgraded facilities" 

Not a sentence that's been uttered by many I would guess! 

I've been to both Twerton and WISE campus, and that sentence is a verifiable lie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sephjnr said:

I've been to both Twerton and WISE campus, and that sentence is a verifiable lie.

I would have thought they would have looked at Weston Super Mare ground if they were looking at moving. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Perhaps they were mindful of that notorious FA Cup game a few seasons ago v Doncaster. I had a ticket for that and saw the droves leaving before kick-off.

That was entirely the ref and BBC's doing

Those at Weston told us after the first inspection on the morning that the game would never be played that day

If City were that annoyed with WSM they wouldn't have taken the U23s there last season

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • elhombrecito changed the title to [Benedicte] Haaland signs for City [Women]- Genuinely official
3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They got a few bigger thrashings than that last season.

11-0 was it against Man.city ?

Much closer than that... 11-1

Maybe we need Haaland between the sticks?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Opening game of the season and plenty to ponder over, it seems. Not sure where Everton will sit in the table but they look improved on recent years. Tanya Oxtoby praised the team for the application shown and accepting it is a significantly young new squad this time around, but the signs are a little concerning. Still, lots of games left to turn the effort into results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Opening game of the season and plenty to ponder over, it seems. Not sure where Everton will sit in the table but they look improved on recent years. Tanya Oxtoby praised the team for the application shown and accepting it is a significantly young new squad this time around, but the signs are a little concerning. Still, lots of games left to turn the effort into results.

I thought we looked beaten all over the pitch. We put in lot's of effort but it's going to be one hard season ahead 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Super said:

Are Chelsea good or are we terrible?

I think the top teams (3 or 4) are spending a fortune now compared with a few seasons ago. There could be a danger of the WSL becoming like the Scots Premier, where there are some big thrashings as the budgets are hugely different from the top and bottom of the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading today that most of the transfers in the ladies game are free, end of contract moves. Very few have involved an actual transfer fee so far. 

In many respects I think it's the pulling power of the team names that are attracting the best players to certain clubs. 

For smaller names to attract the best talent they need to pay more and promote the ladies game to make it bigger within the club. 

Ourselves, Birmingham and Reading are now the only teams in the WSL who don't have a mens team in the Premier League. A few years ago the league made up of half or less of the Premier League names. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I was reading today that most of the transfers in the ladies game are free, end of contract moves. Very few have involved an actual transfer fee so far. 

In many respects I think it's the pulling power of the team names that are attracting the best players to certain clubs. 

For smaller names to attract the best talent they need to pay more and promote the ladies game to make it bigger within the club. 

Ourselves, Birmingham and Reading are now the only teams in the WSL who don't have a mens team in the Premier League. A few years ago the league made up of half or less of the Premier League names. 

 

 

 

Apparently Chelsea/Arsenal spend 6 times what Liverpool were spending on wages last season, that can't help with preventing a divide. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's strange how there is news of the women's team all over website normally, but it all goes quiet in circumstances like these.

Should have their own separate website. Couldn't give a toss about the women's team. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...