IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

3 hours ago, phantom said:

This is true, but ultimately it is his decision on what investment there is in the side

Can't pretend I know the investment numbers but I would be surprised if Birmingham were outspending us by much. Birmingham only scored 5 goals in 13 games when the season was stopped last year but managed to score 4 yesterday. Maybe its a mix of lack of investment and low confidence but I think its a bit too easy to blame it on the investment side. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Can't pretend I know the investment numbers but I would be surprised if Birmingham were outspending us by much. Birmingham only scored 5 goals in 13 games when the season was stopped last year but managed to score 4 yesterday. Maybe its a mix of lack of investment and low confidence but I think its a bit too easy to blame it on the investment side. 

Compared to Birmingham we are on a par - which in itself makes yesterdays result even more concerning. The side shouldn't be low on confidence following on from a 4-0 victory in their previous game

The investment comparison is more to do with the top end of the league sides who are now light years ahead of us in terms of playing personnel 

• Admin
23 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Sounds like a nasty injury to Aimee Palmer. Hope it's not a serious one.

Bristol City Women can confirm that Aimee Palmer dislocated her knee in Sunday’s Barclays FAWSL clash with Birmingham City. 

The midfielder is set for spell on the sidelines having sustained the injury in a heavy challenge midway through the second half at Twerton Park. 

The club are currently awaiting further test results to determine the full extent of the injury and will fully support Aimee throughout her rehab and recovery.

Everyone at Bristol City Women is right behind Aimee in her recovery and we hope to see her back on the pitch as soon as possible.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/injury-update-aimee-palmer/

I don't think it's even relevant to discuss games vs the top teams in our league, or games against lower league teams.

Literally the only games that are important are the ones vs the other teams in the mini league at the bottom of the table.

There's a 1 game sample size of this. A 0-4 drubbing at home. 

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Bristol City Women can confirm that Aimee Palmer dislocated her knee in Sunday’s Barclays FAWSL clash with Birmingham City.

Hopefully that means a dislocated knee-cap, not the entire knee - that would be a disaster if so. Her twitter seems quite optimistic so if the scans don't prove bad we could look forwards to her returning later this season. The 19-year-old had started every game thus far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

An absolute waste of money, why the women's game is being promoted to the hilt when it's so crap is beyond me.

It's getting better mate, don't worry. The more support the women get the higher the standard will be raised. The elite players are awesome. 

• Like 2

On 19/10/2020 at 16:03, frenchred said:

An absolute waste of money, why the women's game is being promoted to the hilt when it's so crap is beyond me.

I think it’s great we run a women’s side but it seems to receive almost equal promotion online to our youth sides and u23 squad. I can see why some feel it’s a bit forced upon us because imo there is nowhere near the same level of interest.

• Like 1

• Admin
23 minutes ago, frenchred said:

the same one as you, no matter how you dress it up it’s absolute light years behind and shows no sign of improvement. for a club like ours it’s a waste of money to go out and get battered every week

Out of interest how much money is it wasting? 

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

I watched the women’s fa cup final the other day , if that’s the elite then I would want to watch the average players, it was absolutely crap .

Assume you've seen some of the recent FA Cup finals? 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, frenchred said:

the same one as you, no matter how you dress it up it’s absolute light years behind and shows no sign of improvement. for a club like ours it’s a waste of money to go out and get battered every week

Just how, exactly do you think men's football improved?

Back in the days of the amateur, it was rubbish. The pitches were mud baths. They had 9 forwards. And basically shoved the keeper across the line when he caught the ball near the goals.

Then came the professional era, money, coaching, tactics and now we've got grass measurement, drones and all sorts of stuff to deliver the "fine margins" for victory. This has taken DECADES.

Yes, women's football doesn't have the physicality of men's football nor the speed. But the games I've watched there's skill on show and they love the game. Women's football is a relatively new game, it will take investment to improve it. And as a father of two girls i'd love them to play at any level.

• Like 2

Not women related but what are the rules for Covid.

Orient kicked out EFL cup couldn’t play fixture 

Teans in FA cup and FA Trophy kicked out if couldn’t play.

FA Vase clubs postpone games due to Covid and that’s ok

Tesms come in contact with positive cases and various leagues let teams postpone or say you have to play.

Just seems the rules change all the time and there is no consistency.