IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

• Admin

City win 2-1 and into the semi final. 

City played better than in recent weeks and fully deserved victory, Villa had possession but didn't do much with it

Some brilliant defending from City. 

Apparently the commentator was Matt Isles, he drove me insane 

• Like 1

• Admin

Two nil down at half time, second goal was a cross fumbled by our keeper and tapped in.

Sadly today we're carrying too many players out of form, even the basics like controlling the ball and passing seems too much for some.

So many players have no composure on the ball, they just whack it away without looking for a pass

Complete one way traffic 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Parkwaymom said:

If Matt Beard didn't know what he'd taken on he does now. Next weekend could be painful as well. I don't remember them not losing to Chelsea since the formation of the league and in recent seasons it's been a pasting home and away every time.

Thought it was amusing how commentator said we were their bogey team. 

Looked a penalty to me for City at start of second half

Everton are considerably stronger than they were when Willie Kirk took over. I think they are considered integral to the Everton in the community offer to encourage the around 50% of the population who are female to enjoy being physically active themselves.

I still feel that City were cornered into having a women's club by Rovers getting relegated out of the league and if they could would give them back as a drain on resources.

In this game the ref has 'tried to let the game flow' or has missed an awful lot.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

In this game the ref has 'tried to let the game flow' or has missed an awful lot.

She definitely missed a lot, Everton completely lost their composure when City got on top. How their was only one booking in that spell was amazing. 

One thing at least we changed our shape and went more offensive. 

We're not going to get anywhere playing 4-5-1.

I've been saying for weeks Salmon needs someone alongside her, if just for running off the ball to create space 

Against the top 5 teams in WSL you are on a hiding to nothing setting up to hold on to nil nil from the start and hoping for something on the counter arrack. 
It really doesn’t seem like the best use of the players they’ve got. 
I hope Beard’s knowledge of the league will allow him to adjust the game plan depending on opposition weakness as well as giving Salmon a better chance to make the most of her obvious talent. I fear that even if they stay up she will be gone at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Noticed this question with Mark Ashton, interesting that the womens teams can be funded directly from their male equivalent. 

Reading this I'd assume that the team is heading down the leagues

20210123_232535.jpg

Starting Sunday hosting league leaders Chelsea 

It sounds like it is, and Women’s costs can be excluded from men’s FFP if under the same accounts.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Noticed this question with Mark Ashton, interesting that the womens teams can be funded directly from their male equivalent. 

Reading this I'd assume that the team is heading down the leagues

20210123_232535.jpg

Starting Sunday hosting league leaders Chelsea 

Massive shame as womens football had a chance to establish its own elite teams in a sustainable manner, now womens football is going to reach dangerously unsustainable levels quickly

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Today's game has been postponed due to frozen pitch 

Probably a massive blessing in disguise that this game is off today. They would have been hammered and now gives the squad more time to work together 

Bristol Post reporting that the game at the Stoke Gifford Stadium is postponed whilst showing a photo of Twerton Park. Top class journalism there again.

• Haha 1

Is this our new striker/midfielder/defender? Are they a relative of Scrumpy? (It's the orange nose.)

The admission that the costing (or lack of) is the prime concern at the club, ahead of any realistic desire to grow a good women's side, is disappointing. Of course, the financial aspect is always a governing factor (even before Covid) but the way the club appears to be happy to wave goodbye to the WSL is not what I want to be hearing. What is the long term plan? We have a good opportunity to establish a top class presence but one that seems to be too much to earn. What sort of message will this send out to any promising and upcoming girls?

I haven't gone through the recent accounts but just how much does the Women's side cost as a part of the overall budget? Is it too much to keep a place at the top table? Sad indeed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gifford said:

Bristol Post reporting that the game at the Stoke Gifford Stadium is postponed whilst showing a photo of Twerton Park. Top class journalism there again.

The game was meant to be played at Twerton Park and the pics are of Twerton Park.. Unless I've seen a different article?