IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

1 minute ago, Erithacus said:

The obvious inference is that Oxtoby is yesterday's news, sadly. That indeed might be a bit of sticky situation come the end of the season. But for the time being it's a case of getting away from the trapdoor.

She should have been sacked months ago. Whatever our budget is compared to others there are no excuses for all the defeats and particularly the absolute hammering we got

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

She should have been sacked months ago. Whatever our budget is compared to others there are no excuses for all the defeats and particularly the absolute hammering we got

You try doing her job on her budget compared to the other teams in the league. 

1 hour ago, Robin Wood said:

Looks like Brighton have won at Chelsea 

Stunning result! Chelsea's unbeaten record for over 30 games is brought to a sudden halt. Shows how volatile the WSL can be and makes City's result even more important.

Edited by Erithacus
typo

Game ends 1-1. Really just not enough to rise above the Hammers in the table. Encouraging to read the stats are not one-sided at all today, though.

After some surprise WSL results recently it becomes even more imperative for Wednesday's game against Spurs. Must win game, again.

Right.

Game v Chelsea from Twerton is live at 3pm. It'll be a better watch than yesterday.

I don't expect anything other than a bit of a shoeing, but they'll put up more effort than the men did yesterday, and probably look like they know what they're trying to do. Up the City.

https://faplayer.thefa.com/live/all

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Any chance of a second 6 goal defeat in two days for the Bristol sport empire

The WSL set up is too variable. It's like having Prem quality teams competing with League 2 teams. The League 2 teams are doing well not to get battered 6-0.

I think the City Women will be closer to Chelsea than we were to Watford. And it won't cost a tenner to watch. Rumours that Brian Tinnion will be making a cameo in the colour commentator's role are unfounded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Right.

Game v Chelsea from Twerton is live at 3pm. It'll be a better watch than yesterday.

I don't expect anything other than a bit of a shoeing, but they'll put up more effort than the men did yesterday, and probably look like they know what they're trying to do. Up the City.

https://faplayer.thefa.com/live/all

No doubt Wael will be there showing off his watch to his Chelsea mates ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Any chance of a second 6 goal defeat in two days for the Bristol sport empire

Looking that way, 5-0 (after 70 mins). Don't think they were realistically expecting anything out of the Chelsea game though.

Got to focus on the mini league v West Ham and Aston Villa to try to stay up.

Edited by Warwickshire Red

6 hours ago, Spoons said:

Currently 5-0 down..... I wonder what the double was? Both teams to lose 6-0 this weekend ?

It finished that way. I don't think 10-0 would've flattered Chelsea. City had a shot in the first half - it was difficult to tell whether it was on target. I think that was it.

Looking forward to England's game tomorrow against Northern Ireland this time tomorrow, not just because it's their first proper game in almost a year, but also because of Ebony Salmon. Will be interesting to see where she will fit in the matchday squad.

Looking at the training videos on the Lionesses' social media accounts, she seems to be settling in well!

Forgot to introduce myself, I'm Shahan, and have been a Bristol City fan since 2007/08, and a regular City Women fan since 2018/19. This season I became the new co-host of Bristol City Vixencast, a podcast all about Bristol City Women, currently in its second season (formerly known as Oxtoby Revolution).
Our latest episode (released a week ago) focuses on the Chelsea game, Loren Dykes' retirement and Ebony Salmon's call-up. I'd have posted a week ago but was waiting for my account to be authorised!

I'll be using OTIB more to help promote the podcast (as well as contribute to all things City men & women).
Please feel free to listen to the episode (as well as our non-canon interview specials we've done so far). Feedback & new listeners welcome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2