IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

• Admin
2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Probably just been treated as a strong rumour for now, but there is some consensus that after this season, Matt Beard will be appointed the new manager at his old club, Liverpool, who he won two WSL titles with.

Personally, I'd rather he stay at City (and not have Tanya come back). Regardless if City get relegated or not, I'd be surprised if he were to head to the Championship, as I'd have thought he'd want to stay in the WSL.

https://theathletic.com/news/liverpool-women-matt-beard/wYXmRug4oRDV

Can only be about ££££

Tanya hasn't long had her child so can't imagine she'll be back much before the end of 2021, City could have a problem on their hands 

Have to be realistic and say I'm not too hopeful of today's game against Man U - even though we do have form! A point would be a real boost. The bigger test is Brighton next time out, but I'll be keeping an eye out for the Villa/Hammers match. Anything for the Villains and it will make City's task much more difficult.

COYR!

Well the Villa game ends 0-0 and that makes it a one point gap for CIty (with a draw against United a given at the moment). Still not an open door yet.

Also a crazy end to the Chelsea-Bayern Champions' League semi. Coach Emma Hayes an emotional tizzy and giving an unreconstructed post-match interview.

Edited by Erithacus

Really good performance against United but just undone by that goal.
Next game away against Brighton, with Villa away to Arsenal, Birmingham home to Spurs, and West Ham (who look safe now) hosting Man City.

Great to see Jesse Woolley make a sub appearance on the 89th minute; I've been following City Women properly for two years & didn't think she has played a game that whole time due to injury

So it's a 0-1 defeat. Not good news, but perhaps more important was the fact that Villa are now two points ahead. A draw versus the Gunners might see them safe regardless. Same applies to Birmingham and West Ham. Even if City win at Brighton, that might be out of our hands. Next week will be a shootout. Great for the neutrals but not for those involved.

• Like 1

Was at the game today and that was a harsh, harsh loss for City. Games turn on single moments and Molly Pike heading wide in the first half was a big chance and they had a few other half opportunities to score.

Their luck was out given the state of the only goal and it all boils down to next weekend. If the girls play v Brighton like they did today, they will win.

Worry for them if they do go down as I can't see Ebony Salmon and Gemma Evans staying if they do. 

On 30/04/2021 at 14:22, pogue malone said:

Possible points deduction? 

I thought any team playing an ineligible player automatically lose any points gained in said game, so as a bare minimum that should be the one point from the draw. That puts Birmingham back in the mix, then hopefully they cop at least 2 penalty points deducted too for an actual punishment. 

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

Result pretty much as expected against a top four side, but blimey, 0-1 and really nothing in it.

Got to win their last game, but given this performance I would not rule that out.

The Man Utd frontline just needed to time their runs....the amount of offsides!!!  I think they would’ve won 3 or 4-0 if they had.  Our girls really struggled to get hold of the ball second half.

Birmingham charged for playing suspended Ruesha Littlejohn against Reading in April; Club 'unequivocally' support player and cite 'administrative error', Birmingham currently ninth in WSL, three points clear of bottom-placed Bristol City

could they get points deducted and fall below city???

29 minutes ago, redpole said:

Birmingham charged for playing suspended Ruesha Littlejohn against Reading in April; Club 'unequivocally' support player and cite 'administrative error', Birmingham currently ninth in WSL, three points clear of bottom-placed Bristol City

could they get points deducted and fall below city???

Who cares whether it’s an admin error?  Rules are rules.

When I was at Odd Down we had a lad on loan from Bath City.  He played 3 games, Bath City failed to inform us of something important in the registration, and we got deducted 9 points.  Plus he was crap in the games he did play.

I’m guessing Birmingham have better goal difference, because ours is shocking!

7 hours ago, cityexile said:

Result pretty much as expected against a top four side, but blimey, 0-1 and really nothing in it.

Got to win their last game, but given this performance I would not rule that out.

Except we should have had a penalty so  1 point lost rather than 3 dropped.

Anybody know how long it normally takes for a decision on a possible points deduction? Birmingham had until yesterday to respond to the ineligible player charge and as the final game of the season is Sunday I thought there'd have been an announcement by now. 

Just now, Redstart said:

Anybody know how long it normally takes for a decision on a possible points deduction? Birmingham had until yesterday to respond to the ineligible player charge and as the final game of the season is Sunday I thought there'd have been an announcement by now. 

Hopefully may see something tomorrow or Friday

Are there any relevant regulations or judicial decisions that we can reliable turn to? Has there been a previous case that might guide us? I can't think of one off hand in the Women's game, but the men's seem to vary according to the authorities.

• Like 1