IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

BBC Sport journalist Emma Sanders has tweeted hinting that City women may sign even more players.
Interesting to see Sophie Whitehouse join as goalkeeper to replace Baggaley (one Sophie for another!?)

Also good to hear of a pre-season game at the RHPC on Sunday August 15th! Bit weird it's against the team who the first home game in the league will be against, but it's the first pre-season game City Women would have played in front of fans for a couple of years now (most pre-season games in women's football were usually BCD, even before COVID)
https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-women-welcome-lewes-in-pre-season/

19 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

BBC Sport journalist Emma Sanders has tweeted hinting that City women may sign even more players.
Interesting to see Sophie Whitehouse join as goalkeeper to replace Baggaley (one Sophie for another!?)

Sophie Whitehouse officially announced today, as well as Jennifer Foster being new assistant head coach.

Very surprised about Fran Bentley joining us as well!

First game of the season away against Crystal Palace confirmed as kicking off on Sunday 29/08/2021 at 2pm, live on FA Player.

Looks like not all Championship games will be broadcast live on the FA Player. Hoping Robins TV would be able to broadcast if possible, but at the same time, will encourage fans who can to attend games

Tickets on sale for the first home league games. £7 advance/£10 on the day for adults.

Interesting things to point out:

All kick offs are 3pm, like they were at Stoke Gifford.

Durham game is midday kick off, which would be fun for anyone travelling down that day.

Blackburn game will be at Ashton Gate...

Edited by shahanshahan

Squad for today's pre-season friendly against Lewes at RHPC.

Some new shirt numbers, a lot of new players, and one I'm not even aware of (Cataldo, who I think was at Leicester last season). Aimee Palmer named captain.

No Fran Bentley in squad (so that song can't be sung).

I'm not watching the game due to self-isolating until Monday. Hope whoever is at RHPC enjoys the game!

Bristol City is a football club. It fields multiple teams across multiple competitions. Men's and Women's first teams, then numerous age group teams. The men's first XI may be the most prominent part of the club, but it's not the only part. It's a club, literally a group of people joined by a common interest  - in this case football.

You can ignore the women's team - I largely do. However, from time to time they will be more relevant in the news than the men's. I believe they played today and so I assume they are lead story today. That's fine, the men's team was the lead yesterday.

It's a club, all are welcome, there's multiple teams and they all get covered in the same football section of the site. 

• Like 5

Very surprised with the news! Although her coaching style (and certain interview style) was very divisive in the last couple of seasons.

I genuinely feel Matt Beard should have been given a longer contract had the club known Tanya would not come back (so soon). Interesting to see if Lauren Smith will now be offered the head coach role beyond the end of the season

On 15/08/2021 at 14:17, shahanshahan said:

Squad for today's pre-season friendly against Lewes at RHPC.

Some new shirt numbers, a lot of new players, and one I'm not even aware of (Cataldo, who I think was at Leicester last season). Aimee Palmer named captain.

No Fran Bentley in squad (so that song can't be sung).

I'm not watching the game due to self-isolating until Monday. Hope whoever is at RHPC enjoys the game!

Do you think this will be their squad numbers for the coming season? 

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Do you think this will be their squad numbers for the coming season? 

Not confirmed officially yet, but would guess they are near enough

Not that using our official website gives any indication, according to them we only have six players

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1

On 16/08/2021 at 17:07, phantom said:

Not confirmed officially yet, but would guess they are near enough

Not that using our official website gives any indication, according to them we only have six players

image.png

image.png

According to various players' Instagram stories, media day is today at Ashton Gate. New photos/GIFs etc will be coming soon!

On 28/05/2021 at 11:07, phantom said:

I have to admit I had never heard of this guy, and no idea what he did 

image.png

His replacement has now been announced, albeit with a different job title.

Grace Williams previously did the same role (commonly referred to as "general manager") at Watford

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/williams-appointed-city-women-operations-manager/

Edited by shahanshahan

Crystal Palace announced on their Twitter that everyone who attends the game this Sunday will have to pre-register attendance due to the club's COVID protocols.
Also, it appears that; for this game at least; attendance is free!?

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/crystal-palace-football-club-women-vs-bristol-city-wfc-tickets-168331248295?ref=estw

So for those who planned on going, now you know! The game is live on FA Player as well...