IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

16 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Free? That's one way to bring the crowds back. I wonder if the idea will catch on.

Probably as a one-off, just as a way to say thank you to their fans. Women's football isn't expensive like the top levels of men's football is. I've already got my season card for City Women, which doubles as a membership card when it comes to City men & Bears rugby ?

SQUAD NUMBER ANNOUNCEMENT

Club captain for the 2021/22 campaign Aimee Palmer has switched to number 6, which was vacated by previous skipper Jasmine Matthews.

Abi Harrison has picked up the vacant number 7, whilst defensive duo Ella Powell Powell and Lia Cataldo will occupy the 2 and 3 shirt respectively.

City also have a new number 9 in prolific Championship goalscorer Melissa Johnson, with Simran Jhamat wearing the number 10 shirt and Satara Murray in 44.

Choe O’Connor will wear number 11 and her fellow Welsh compatriot Ffion Morgan has picked up the number 24.

City have a new number 1 in goalkeeper Sophie Whitehouse while loanee duo Fran Bentley (goalkeeper) will wear number 26 and Aggie Beever-Jones has 23. 

City Women squad numbers in full: 

1. Sophie Whitehouse (GK)

2. Ella Powell

3. Lia Cataldo

4. Brooke Aspin

5. Naomi Layzell

6. Aimee Palmer (C)

7. Abi Harrison

8. Ava Kuyken

9. Melissa Johnson

10. Simran Jhamat

11. Chloe O'Connor 

12. Flo Allen

14. Jasmine Bull

17. Gwen Davies

18. Maisy Collis

19. Izzy Cook

20. Maddi Wilde

23. Aggie Beever-Jones

24. Ffion Morgan

25. Erin Foley (GK)

26. Fran Bentley (GK)

27. Jesse Woolley

44. Satara Murray

Edited by shahanshahan

Anyone who buys a matchday ticket is now entered into a prize draw to win a behind-the-scenes tour at the RHPC! I can't enter as I'm a City Women season card holder, so don't need to buy a ticket.

For those buying tickets, this is more of an incentive!

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/visit-the-high-performance-centre-this-weekend/

Caught the last 15 mins if first half.  Big distances from to back…our midfield unable to engage theirs or be in with a chance of picking up loose balls. Don’t pass to players close by, every pass seems to need to be between the lines.  Harrison on her own in the 10 position, often having to come deep.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Caught the last 15 mins if first half.  Big distances from to back…our midfield unable to engage theirs or be in with a chance of picking up loose balls. Don’t pass to players close by, every pass seems to need to be between the lines.  Harrison on her own in the 10 position, often having to come deep.

I watched from 30-60 minutes and the lack of quality was evident. Abi Harrison looked like a footballer, the rest meh! 

Good to hear they came back to win, Lewes looked equally poor.

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I watched from 30-60 minutes and the lack of quality was evident. Abi Harrison looked like a footballer, the rest meh! 

Good to hear they came back to win, Lewes looked equally poor.

I saw the second half. 

Thought the defence looked ok - pace and intelligence. 

Dodgy keeper, midfield and attack pretty poor. 

32 minutes ago, Claverham_Red said:

How does the 507 crowd compare to what they used to normally get at Filton? What were the fan facilities at the HPC like today?

There was one food/drink outlet with no vegetarian options I was disappointed that no season ticket discount but burger was OK, parking was good in qeh next door which is a 2 min walk. The view was very good and you could sit or stand around half the pitch.

20210905_151739.jpg

20210905_160627.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

The winning penalty from Simran Jhamat.

City now up to 4th in Championship table.

"Simi Simi Simi Jhamat after midnight..."

(If you heard that chant, it started from me...)

Saw you today, Shahan, that is if you have your name on the back of your shirt!! (I think). I was in the press box to the left of the tunnel as you come out....

Was concerned when City went one down but fair play, they didn't fold. Abi's goal was a peach and caught everyone out. Pen was a pen for me and three points in the bag should give them confidence ahead of next week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Saw you today, Shahan, that is if you have your name on the back of your shirt!! (I think). I was in the press box to the left of the tunnel as you come out....

Was concerned when City went one down but fair play, they didn't fold. Abi's goal was a peach and caught everyone out. Pen was a pen for me and three points in the bag should give them confidence ahead of next week. 

Yep, I was wearing my 2017/18 shirt, which has "MIAH 89" on the back. Hopefully you can say hi next time!

And yep, big game next week, against Liverpool who have some familiar faces...

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Great video!

• Thanks 1