IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

4 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Bristol City get a win in wet conditions at the RHPC, thanks to a Melissa Johnson penalty & a wonder goal from Aimee Palmer (did she mean it or not!?). Climb up to 7th in the table. Going to record new Vixencast as soon as we get home to talk about it

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say yes, she did mean it. The free kick was right in front of where I was standing and bear in mind, she had hit the crossbar direct from a corner ten minutes beforehand. Not sure the Black Cats' keeper covered herself in glory, mind, but a goal is a goal. That's two strikes from 40 yards or more this season, we are being spoilt. 

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say yes, she did mean it. The free kick was right in front of where I was standing and bear in mind, she had hit the crossbar direct from a corner ten minutes beforehand. Not sure the Black Cats' keeper covered herself in glory, mind, but a goal is a goal. That's two strikes from 40 yards or more this season, we are being spoilt. 

Hate to say in her post match interview she admitted she did not mean it

• Like 2

• Admin

@shahanshahando you have any contacts within the club?

Was just looking at the current player profiles, the information for the majority is useless at best.

I'm amazed someone from the media team hasn't invested some time to obtain the information. 

Though this is a personal highlight, possibly the youngest player ever? 

Screenshot_20211005-215415_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, phantom said:

@shahanshahando you have any contacts within the club?

Was just looking at the current player profiles, the information for the majority is useless at best.

I'm amazed someone from the media team hasn't invested some time to obtain the information. 

I do, and I've raised it before, and said it was being looked into.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

FB_IMG_1633534038141.jpg

Great to see she's signed a new contract, meaning she'll be here beyond the maternity cover she was originally brought in for, for the head coach who isn't even at the club anymore. Nonetheless, I think she deserves it.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/smith-pens-new-three-year-deal/

25 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Jesse Woolley replaces Izzy Cook in starting XI.

As predicted, me & some others weren't able to travel up today, so we'll be watching the game at home. Best of luck to the girls today.

Most of those players have a male namesake that play or played for city!

12 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Watched the 2nd half. Melissa Johnson should have scored to put us 2-1 up but Charlton came back strongly in the last 10 minutes or so.

Disappointing to concede deep in time added on for what would have been a good point.

Interesting story about VCD athletic where the game was played today https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCD_Athletic_F.C.

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Interesting story about VCD athletic where the game was played today https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCD_Athletic_F.C.

An interesting location that appears to be in the region in/near South East London where Charlton Athletic are based. I only found out today why they are called the Addicks (something to do with haddocks being served in Charlton's early games)

2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Great game to watch, shame about the last minute goal conceded. So gutted! Going to record Vixencast shortly...

Not sure how either us or Charlton missed the 6 yard box chances. Our defender did extremely well to clear the ball from the chance FB had tipped onto the bar. FB almost gifted them two goals with languid "clearances" from pass-backs. Overall there wasn't much in it. We just need to keep going and the results will come. COYR.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

Murray at the back is really good, she holds it together at the back.  Bentley, like our Dan, needs to work on her starting position, far too deep.

Kuyken has good technique and could do with better support, as she can’t run away from her markers.

Johnson was a bit lightweight today and I felt she’d have been better playing a bit closer to Harrison, who does well with limited service.

Cataldo at left back got through a good shift too.

• Like 1

Congrats to Fran Bentley for making the Lionesses' U23 squad for their game against Belgium on 25 October!

Plenty of ex-City players in the squad too, with Poppy Pattinson, Molly Pike, Kiera Skeels, Katie Robinson...& Ebony Salmon, who seems to have dropped out of the senior squad after being an unused sub in their last two games.

https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2021/Oct/12/england-womens-u23s-squad-named-for-belgium-trip-20211210

• Like 2