IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/davies-signs-deal-with-city-women/

News today that Gwen Davies signed her first (professional) contract with the club, and remains until the end of the season, with an option of a year extension after that.
Didn't realise that when she first joined over the summer from the Welsh leagues, it was on a non-contract basis - this may explain why she wasn't initially announced at the time.

• Admin
1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/davies-signs-deal-with-city-women/

News today that Gwen Davies signed her first (professional) contract with the club, and remains until the end of the season, with an option of a year extension after that.
Didn't realise that when she first joined over the summer from the Welsh leagues, it was on a non-contract basis - this may explain why she wasn't initially announced at the time.

Seems a bit odd to me, there's only 14 weeks left of the season 

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Seems a bit odd to me, there's only 14 weeks left of the season 

Contracts for the second half of the season are somewhat common in women's football.

Happened to Sophie Whitehouse when she joined Birmingham for the second half of last season. And Faye Bryson (now at Reading) was initially offered a similar contract, before being offered a longer contract

38 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Yes, very poor first half HOWEVER we are generally an awful lot better in the second half (fingers crossed) 

2-0 down now, and we look very poor. Charlton attacker just laid a sly boot into Fran Bentley. Probably the type of player Steve Morison is after.

12 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

FT 0-2.

Charlton doing the double over us. New RHPC attendance of 956 set. About to record Vixencast to talk about the three games played over the last seven days

Evening @shahanshahan - would you mind explaining what the ‘her game too’ initiative is about? I see the club are officially endorsing it 

Watched around 30 minutes in 1st and 2nd half. 

Had dipped in to a few bits of games during the season where we appeared to be ok and improving. However, this was just primary school stuff. Fitness and physicality, skill and the other basics all sub-standard. Frankly, just dire.

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

Had dipped in to a few bits of games during the season where we appeared to be ok and improving. However, this was just primary school stuff. Fitness and physicality, skill and the other basics all sub-standard. Frankly, just dire.

I only watched first half (as much as I could take), like you say dreadful performance. 

16 minutes ago, RedRock said:

We looked very leggy today….wonder whether chasing the ball around for 90 mins v Man City in midweek in the cup, took it out of us.  Murray is normally a rock yet she made 3 or 4 mistakes first half.

Charlton by far the better side, physical, strong runners, and it felt a bit women v girls…not forgetting how young our side is.  They were very cynical with their time wasting, like an Alex Neil PNE team, but no complaints re result.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Evening @shahanshahan - would you mind explaining what the ‘her game too’ initiative is about? I see the club are officially endorsing it 

It`s an initiative to make female fans feel more welcome at games, rather than them having to endure the `get yer **** out for the lads` mentality that still exists in some places.

I think there`s a lot more to it than that though.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How courteous of you! I think @Lanterne Rouge explained it well enough, but yes, it's to stop sexism in football & make women that attend football games and/or talk about them feel comfortable about it without worry of being discriminated against.

On the club website, Leah Case & Eve Ralph (two of the co-founders that are City fans) did a Q&A which explains it all in their own words

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/q-a-her-game-too-founders-leah-case-and-eve-ralph/

The Supporters Club & Trust did announce their support of HGT long before BCFC announced their partnership

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/football-is-a-game-for-all/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s an initiative to make female fans feel more welcome at games, rather than them having to endure the `get yer **** out for the lads` mentality that still exists in some places.

I think there`s a lot more to it than that though.

5 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

How courteous of you! I think @Lanterne Rouge explained it well enough, but yes, it's to stop sexism in football & make women that attend football games and/or talk about them feel comfortable about it without worry of being discriminated against.

On the club website, Leah Case & Eve Ralph (two of the co-founders that are City fans) did a Q&A which explains it all in their own words

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/q-a-her-game-too-founders-leah-case-and-eve-ralph/

The Supporters Club & Trust did announce their support of HGT long before BCFC announced their partnership

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/football-is-a-game-for-all/

Thanks both, seen it discussed on the official Twitter but missed the halftime stuff yesterday. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

Have to say the better team won this afternoon. Charlton looked a touch sharper, faster, keener and were more organised than City. It may well have been fatigue after the midweek game but there was a distinct lack of spark. I trust the injuries will be minor.

Charlton seemed to have done their homework on us and strangled the movement from midfield to the front. When they got a chance they took it, whereas I don't recall their keeper having to do too much.

It was good to see fans around the sides of the ground as well - shame that the big crowd didn't have much to cheer.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Sadly that's this season done in regards of getting back to the WSL 

Possibly, however we have two games yet to be played - the postponed away game against London City Lionesses, and the home game against Coventry United; which looks like can be played now that the team were saved. If we get six points out of those games, that would be a real boost

• Like 2

• Admin
55 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Possibly, however we have two games yet to be played - the postponed away game against London City Lionesses, and the home game against Coventry United; which looks like can be played now that the team were saved. If we get six points out of those games, that would be a real boost

London City is a must win, but can't see enough teams taking points off Liverpool, which is a shame as was hoping the game at Ashton Gate was going to be a title decider 

On 24/01/2022 at 21:11, phantom said:

London City is a must win, but can't see enough teams taking points off Liverpool, which is a shame as was hoping the game at Ashton Gate was going to be a title decider 

Liverpool have three games in March, against Charlton, London City & Durham. Who knows if any of those teams can take points off Liverpool...

On 24/01/2022 at 17:20, shahanshahan said:

I hope it's not what I think it is, but on her Instagram story, Melissa Johnson has posted a photo of Anfield...

She only joined in the summer!

Looks like this was something else (for now). Transfer window closed at 5pm, and neither club has announced anything...