IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

Liverpool will deserve their promotion party later, Campbell's throw is up their with the longest I've seen at AG. 

City with some decent play but the defending for the goals was straight out of the High Performance Centre book of defending 

Edited by ralphindevon
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Liverpool will deserve their promotion party later, Campbell's throw is up their with the longest I've seen at AG. 

City with some decent play but the defending for the goals was straight out of the High Performance Centre book of defending 

That throw in is the best long throw I've ever seen. She threw one or two deep into the box from near the half way line. They knocked Kalas's "long throws" into a cocked hat. Plus they were all legal. They were definately a class above City, but the girls kept going to the end at least.

• Like 2

Good game today but a disappointing result. The better side won today, with a crisper pace, better passing and more of a purpose about them. We missed Palms in the middle and in the first half especially we were chasing the game.  Abi Harrison was having to go wider to get more supply and the midfield was struggling to impose their mark for stretches. Defensively we looked a little rattled when the crosses came in and weren't cleared quickly.

I thought the City girls gave a good account of themselves overall but there is a discernable gap between the WSL standard. It's clear that Liverpool are worthy champions and have what is needed to stay in the top flight next season.

Great to see 5,700 at the Gate but I wonder how many came down - it seemed Liverpool brought quite a few bus loads.

Roll on Coventry in a fortnight, and we'll see how many more fans will turn up at the HPC.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Good game today but a disappointing result. The better side won today, with a crisper pace, better passing and more of a purpose about them. We missed Palms in the middle and in the first half especially we were chasing the game.  Abi Harrison was having to go wider to get more supply and the midfield was struggling to impose their mark for stretches. Defensively we looked a little rattled when the crosses came in and weren't cleared quickly.

I thought the City girls gave a good account of themselves overall but there is a discernable gap between the WSL standard. It's clear that Liverpool are worthy champions and have what is needed to stay in the top flight next season.

Great to see 5,700 at the Gate but I wonder how many came down - it seemed Liverpool brought quite a few bus loads.

Roll on Coventry in a fortnight, and we'll see how many more fans will turn up at the HPC.

It was difficult to tell, but it looked as though there were a significant number at the Atyeo end of the Lansdown Stand, with a fair number scattered elsewhere. There were some around by us in the South Stand. Couldn't have been any B Block boo-boys around as no one saw fit to try to bounce the opposition fans down the stand. Pehaps your average 7 year old is more advanced than that? If you told me there were 1,000+ Liverpool fans there I'd believe you.

7 hours ago, Parkwaymom said:

Anyone know whether Mel Johnson is injured? Haven’t seen her on a team sheet for a few weeks.

Yep, she is. Not quite sure what with or for how long, but she was back in training this week.

It's only her & Aimee Palmer who are the notable injuries at the moment...

14 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Yep, she is. Not quite sure what with or for how long, but she was back in training this week.

It's only her & Aimee Palmer who are the notable injuries at the moment...

Missed her pace in recent weeks.  Think we’ve missed Kuyken’s passing too.  Harrison has been feeding off scraps.

• Like 1

Great article on BBC Sport about yesterday's game & what's in store for City. Also a mention from Chairperson Gavin Marshall on plans for there to be three games at Ashton Gate next season.

Also, Lauren Smith will be on tonight's Sound of the City with Geoff Twentyman, who said he was at the game yesterday

loved this from yesterday. I’m not sure the comments about him being disinterested and can’t be bothered are anywhere near the truth. I think he might have been the only mens first team player there.

One thing is for sure, whether he signs a new contract or not, he is 100% committed to Bristol City while he’s employed by them. He wants to play every minute of every game. 

09747063-9956-46BF-80F0-3715CC90D164.thumb.jpeg.8cc714618b3e20a69567e8aa77dafd24.jpeg

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

loved this from yesterday. I’m not sure the comments about him being disinterested and can’t be bothered are anywhere near the truth. I think he might have been the only mens first team player there.

One thing is for sure, whether he signs a new contract or not, he is 100% committed to Bristol City while he’s employed by them. He wants to play every minute of every game. 

09747063-9956-46BF-80F0-3715CC90D164.thumb.jpeg.8cc714618b3e20a69567e8aa77dafd24.jpeg

Hey, is that young blonde girl on the right wearing Bentleys Jersey on her legs ?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

That is a lovely picture.

Just wonderful to see so many smiling faces, Han-Noah included.

• Like 3

Following the Fans Forum that happened in October with Richard Gould; Curtis Fleming; Andi Weimann & Dan Bentley, the club have now announced a Fans Forum with Lauren Smith & Gavin Marshall, taking place this Wednesday night at the Supporters Bar at Ashton Gate
Doors at 6pm.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/smith-and-marshall-at-fans-forum/