IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

First and foremost - a win, and a vital one at that! Moves us up above the Hammers although we are a game worse that those around us.

Secondly, a great team performance: so many good examples being set tonight. Evans was a rock and read everything, Salmon a constant threat and some solid efforts by some very young players. Could this be the moment the season takes off? I tip my hat to Matt Beard - he's got them working.

Hopefully this will inspire the team, Conti Cup Final on Sunday notwithstanding.:clap:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Good for them.

As there are 22 league games a season I believe, surely there is sufficient space in the calendar for them to play 11 games at Ashton Gate?

I’d quite like to see them play after us / on the evening, say 7pm k/o.  Quick bite to eat between games.  Then 9pm basketball....perfect!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Super said:

What a dumb comment.

Why because I think the level is poor? Think it’s an honest opinion. I understand it’s improving etc. But the level of that is so poor. 

They need play on smaller pitches with smaller nets that would hugely improve the standard

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Why because I think the level is poor? Think it’s an honest opinion. I understand it’s improving etc. But the level of that is so poor. 

They need play on smaller pitches with smaller nets that would hugely improve the standard

Just pointless comparing the two.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Why surely that’s what equality is? It wouldn't be right to not include the ladies with the men. So if I was comparing standards that’s what I believe? 

This reply tells us everything we needed to know. 

You clearly don't understand.

The real shame is that every now and then some genius appears on this thread talking rubbish 

Almost as ludicrous as comparing Serena Williams to Roger Federer

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, shahanshahan said:

Happy International Women's Day... ?

I didn’t realise we couldn’t have an opinion that isn’t loving the women’s game. 

The level was poor that’s a fact. 

Other people may enjoy it but I didn’t. Don’t see the problem?

• Like 1

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

First and foremost - a win, and a vital one at that! Moves us up above the Hammers although we are a game worse that those around us.

Secondly, a great team performance: so many good examples being set tonight. Evans was a rock and read everything, Salmon a constant threat and some solid efforts by some very young players. Could this be the moment the season takes off? I tip my hat to Matt Beard - he's got them working.

Hopefully this will inspire the team, Conti Cup Final on Sunday notwithstanding.:clap:

Chelsea recently lost 2-1 at home to Brighton 

Not long ago we beat Brighton 3-0

Chelsea travel to Madrid for a champions league match Wednesday afternoon, so hopefully a bit of a tiring journey for them

City will be buzzing confidence wise, fingers crossed.....

Oh and after that City only have the small matter of playing Manchester City in the league 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

I’m all for equality and that but the level of that was garbage. A good win but Toolstation teams beat them 

That third goal was Toolstation standard?

I’m not sure what level that puts Semenyo, CoD and the rest of the men’s team.

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

That third goal was Toolstation standard?

I’m not sure what level that puts Semenyo, CoD and the rest of the men’s team.

Thought Reading played some pretty tidy stuff and tactically they made good patterns of play to a plan.  They were better technically than our ladies.

• Like 2

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I didn’t realise we couldn’t have an opinion that isn’t loving the women’s game. 

The level was poor that’s a fact. 

Other people may enjoy it but I didn’t. Don’t see the problem?

Of course you can have an opinion but the issue is you are comparing them to the mens league 

They are not in any mens league. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

This reply tells us everything we needed to know. 

You clearly don't understand.

The real shame is that every now and then some genius appears on this thread talking rubbish 

Almost as ludicrous as comparing Serena Williams to Roger Federer

And yet winning Wimbledon they both receive the same prize money, do you also think that's fair after saying yourself the comparison between the two is ludicrous?

• Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

And yet winning Wimbledon they both receive the same prize money, do you also think that's fair after saying yourself the comparison between the two is ludicrous?

I don’t.

Particularly as they play the best of 3 sets, not 5. And us men wonder why we die on average 4.5 years younger - the grossest injustice of supposed equality of the sexes.

That said, still thought it was a decent watch tonight, with some excellent goals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Of course you can have an opinion but the issue is you are comparing them to the mens league 

They are not in any mens league. 

Equality - The state of being equal. 

I compared the standard, because that’s what equality is. 

The level in the women’s game is of course the highest in England, however to be impartial and practice equality I compared it to the men’s game. 

It was a good game of women’s football. If you watched men play at that level, you would be watching Toolstation that was my comparison. 

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

The level in the women’s game is of course the highest in England, however to be impartial and practice equality I compared it to the men’s game. 

It was a good game of women’s football. If you watched men play at that level, you would be watching Toolstation that was my comparison. 

You say the level played was both “poor”and “garbage” but then contradict yourself by saying it was a “good game”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

I don’t understand your point.

When you watch the athletics, do you cheer on Dina Asher-Smith or do you just sit there and comment that men can run faster?

I fully expect a professional men’s team to beat a professional women’s team. I’m not saying it would happen every single time, but given the biological differences, you would think it likely. 

So what? I don’t watch my kids play football and just pass comment that ‘of course the U’16s would beat this lot’

Did you enjoy it? That’s all that matters.

I get that it feels ridiculous when in an effort to raise the profile of the game, it gets compared to men’s football. That’s unnecessary. You need to see past that and accept it and enjoy it for the sport that it is.

If you do, great. If not, that’s cool too. I don’t enjoy every sport.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Smaller pitches and nets?

Jesus man, listen to yourself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

You say the level played was both “poor”and “garbage” but then contradict yourself by saying it was a “good game”

The level of the suburban league is poor but it still produces good games of football. Are you broken?