IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

One of the biggest differences in the men’s /women’s games for me is the goalkeeping. Moments like that 3rd goal seem to be more common, I wonder if the goals are too big as I guess the keepers are overall smaller than the men

Goal sizes were decided over 100 years ago where the average height of a man was 3 inches shorter. Probably closer to a woman today than a man today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Goal sizes were decided over 100 years ago where the average height of a man was 3 inches shorter. Probably closer to a woman today than a man today.

Apparently City’s keeper today is just over 5’.5” 

Compared to Dan Bentley just over 6’.1” 

8” difference to play in the same goal seems a lot

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Apparently City’s keeper today is just over 5’.5” 

Compared to Dan Bentley just over 6’.1” 

8” difference to play in the same goal seems a lot

5.5" was the average height for a 21 year old man, in the UK, in 1900 so you could argue the men are too big for the nets now.

Edited by Banned User

Well that was a miserable first half.

Chelsea were all too capable of capitalising on our mistakes. Too often we had little composure or application and that caused some uncharacteristic errors. Baggers has not let us down much all season, but today was not the day. Daniels is normally better with her distribution and the marking was always going to be difficult against a team packed full of internationals.

Salmon has hardly seen the ball, and then about 40 yards from our own line. The midfield is reduced to a lot of shadow chasing. Once they got off to a bad start so early it forces them to drop back; that confines the play in our own back yard. If there is a chance to go forwards, they then leave some open areas for Chelsea to expoit. They have us where they want us.

However, it still is a terrible scoreline to be in with. Beard may have to make some serious changes, although I can't see it making any real difference. It will be about restoring some pride to take into the remainder of the league season. That's the priority.

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Shocking for all 4. Sorry, but it's true.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Female goalkeepers are pretty useless.  The odd exception of course but generally they’re crap.

3 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Speaking biologically, woman have worse spacial awareness, they didn't hunt like men.

Queue "that's why they can't park"  jokes. Probably some truth in it mind..

Who's going to be the first to come on here and give us all a bollocking, for being out of order?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

How the hell do you watch this game I can't find mention of it anywhere?

BT Sport 2

BT Sport 2

BT Sport 2

• Thanks 1