IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

• Admin
20 hours ago, Sarumred said:

Under employment law, I don't think you can sack anyone who is on maternity leave but I stand to be corrected. 

I'm pretty sure a position of equal value can be offered. 

The thing here is how early Tanya went on maternity leave, "normally" the pregnant lady would work closely up to her due date and take the maternity leave after the baby is born.

I don't know why, but I've always assumed Matt was only around until the end of this season, but guess he could be around for months yet. 

Of course Tanya wouldn't be the first to not to return full time, so wouldn't be surprised to see Matt in charge all next season too

18 hours ago, Erithacus said:

A decent result, but a win would have been better. Equaliser from ex-Vixen Murray.

Now third from bottom, a point ahead of Villa and two ahead of the Hammers. Both have two games in hand though and more importantly they play each other twice before the end of the season. It's going to be a close one.

Our run in is tough.

Arsenal (4th) Home

Villa (11th) Away 

Man United (3rd) Home

Brighton (6th) Away

Can't see us getting anything from Arsenal or Manchester United game. 

Realistically going to have to win at Villa and take at least a point at Brighton.

We've also got Brighton Away in the FA Cup 

On 22/03/2021 at 12:47, Lrrr said:

Why do I have the feeling the bad decisions from the mens game won't have been learnt and all this will do is see a wider gap then already seen between the top clubs and the rest?

Media all over Man Utd this weekend - first time womens football played at "The theatre of dreams"! Neglected to say that three seasons ago womens football at Man utd was a dream - full stop!

• Admin
6 hours ago, Midred said:

Media all over Man Utd this weekend - first time womens football played at "The theatre of dreams"! Neglected to say that three seasons ago womens football at Man utd was a dream - full stop!

My thoughts exactly when Stoney was moaning about lack of TV coverage 

• Like 1

I wonder if the Villa and Hammers do a BCFC/Coventry of many years ago and fix it.

They could arrange for each one to win one of the games they play against each other, if the points are similar to now, they would both leap frog our girls.... (assuming 3 points a win?)

Stranger things have happened. Villa winning home and away I assume would be best for us?

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Does anyone know if the womens team are also moving from SGS to the new training ground?

I hope so. Especially if the men's academy team, who were also at Stoke Gifford, are moving there.

In a recent episode of The Ladies League, an Australian fan podcast which featured Ella Mastrantonio, she confirmed that the women were due to train in Failand where the men are, but because of Covid, teams still had to stay seperate

Edited by shahanshahan

3 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

I hope so. Especially if the men's academy team, who were also at Stoke Gifford, are moving there.

In a recent episode of The Ladies League, an Australian fan podcast which featured Ella Mastrantonio, she confirmed that the women were due to train in Failand where the men are, but because of Covid, teams still had to stay seperate

So, no bath sharing for a bit ,then..........shame !?

https://www.arsenal.com/news/thank-you-joe-and-good-luck

Big news today from City's next opponents this Sunday, Arsenal, confirming that their head coach Joe Montemurro is due to leave at the end of the season.
Don't know if this may have a positive or negative influence on them, but they are pushing to get the final Champions League spot this season, and haven't been WSL title contenders for a couple of seasons now, ever since they won it back in 2018/19.

Hopefully this could be a huge upset at Twerton Park on Sunday. COYR

25 minutes ago, Jdbeanie said:

Reading not doing us any favours today!

They seem to be the team to beat if you want to maintain WSL survival ?

As it stands, this would drop City down to 11th and Villa in bottom.
Villa playing Everton tomorrow, and also Birmingham playing Chelsea. If both Midlands teams were to lose, and City win against Arsenal, we'd move up to 9th - but this is all being optimistic for all results to go our way

P.S. This is also ex-Vixen Jess Fishlock's last game for Reading before she heads back to OL Reign in the States. Probably not the send-off she was expecting!

FT 0-4. Arsenal got goals at both ends of the first half, and then a two minute fest in the second half.
From what I could see, City were better in the first half, and it was disappointing to concede so early as well as right before half time.

However, with Chelsea beating Birmingham 6-0, Villa losing 3-1 to Everton, and of course West Ham's result yesterday, there's no change at the bottom of the table, with City still 11th and Villa 12th.

Would have posted earlier but just recorded the latest episode of Vixencast, due to be edited & out soon.
Similar to other Bristol City fan podcasts; the worse the result, the funnier the episode (usually)!

16 hours ago, steveybadger said:

I guess today was one of those bonus if we get anything matches. Sadly there was no bonus.

City tired in the last 15-20 minutes and if it wasn't for Sophie Baggaley, it could have been eight or nine. Every now & again, she pulls out an inspired performance and at times, not being disrespectful, it seemed like she was fighting the Gunners on her own.

FA Cup next up but I think Aston Villa v City on the 24th could be the biggest game in many years for the girls; with the new TV deal now confirmed, this really isn't the season to find yourself relegated.

• Like 4

Concerning report about the state of things at Birmingham. Seems the women's side is being given second rate treatment by the club and the squad is making it official. Also concerning is the note about the FA helping them to complete their fixtures. Does this make the picture more cloudy?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56642488

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

See Chelsea recorded losses of £1.8m and that included a £4m loan from Abramovich to cover costs of team. Really need to avoid the slippery slope of women’s football being the loss maker that men’s football is 

The price to become champions of Europe

News broke yesterday about the fifth round of the Women's FA Cup; all games taking place Sunday 16 May, a week after the WSL season ends (and the day before fans can return to live sport!!!)

Winners of Brighton v City this Sunday in the fourth round will go on to host non-league Huddersfield or Derby...

https://womenscompetitions.thefa.com/en/Article/vitality-womens-fa-cup-fifth-round-draw-20210412

(Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if City fielded a weaker team to save the best for the remaining WSL games. A cup run is nice but with the Conti Cup this season already, I'm not as bothered) ?

• Admin
1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Today's matchday squad for the Women's FA Cup. Looks like a regular WSL first team squad, and it's great to see Meaghan Sargeant back again!
Game isn't being streamed anywhere, so I'll have to keep an eye out on Twitter...

It's being shown here

• Like 1