IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

8 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Saw this woman on the news earlier, and almost thought it was our very own footballer that just left City to play for Racing Louisville in the US...

Emily Salmon.JPG

Almost identical, apart from the fact that our Emily Salmon was black ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Gemma Evans the latest to announce that she is leaving 

Sad, but I'm not surprised. Wonder if she will join Reading or another WSL team as previously rumoured.

Interesting that the club haven't announced a retained list yet. Guessing they may wait for players to see who the Head Coach will be for next season before committing or not

Ebony Salmon came off the bench for her Racing Louisville debut last night and scored within a minute. Good luck to her, would have been easy to stay in this country but she's left her comfort zone and fair play. 

ETA - my apologies. In my excitement, I didn't check to see if anyone else has posted. Still, the goal is good enough to be posted twice IMO. ?

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Like 1

Hoping this is a good appointment. Don't really know much about her other than recently being assistant coach at Spurs. Wasn't even aware she was at the club before for seven years (mostly in smaller roles)

Hopefully this announcement will mean players will want to stay on for the season.

Official site says 'Interim' coach and implies for the new season. No mention of Oxtoby. Hmmm.

Lauren was a backroom staff member for a good few years and knows the club, but has not been here for the last four. I hope this is a good call by those who make the decisions and that it will be a foundation for a drive to return to the WSL. We'll wait for news about the playing squad and if that makes a difference.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Official site says 'Interim' coach and implies for the new season. No mention of Oxtoby. Hmmm.

As the original advert said it was 12-month maternity cover, Oxtoby is still on maternity leave. I personally wouldn't want her to come back given most of the results under her management.

Will be interesting to see what assistant coaches will join Smith, as there currently aren't any!

On 28/05/2021 at 16:39, shahanshahan said:

He was in other words the General Manager, which is common in women's football, although terms such as "Director of Football" or "Sporting Director" are also used. He pretty much ran the day-to-day of the club. His appointment was very significant considering that there was no General Manager in the 2019/20 season as the position couldn't be filled.

His appointment wasn't publicly announced at the time, but he's been extremely helpful, not just in being a contact in regards to the Vixencast podcast, but was also helpful in being a point of contact when we in the Supporters Club & Trust raised queries.

I just hope that the next General Manager etc will be as useful!

Lee Billiard's replacement now being recruited, but the role is now called "Operations Manager"

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/job-vacancy-bristol-city-womens-operations-manager/

34 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Lee Billiard's replacement now being recruited, but the role is now called "Operations Manager"

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/job-vacancy-bristol-city-womens-operations-manager/

£40k per year for that role doesn’t seem a lot unless I’ve missed something.  Better than the under 23s manager job which from memory was advertised at £35k per year. 

Maybe reduce wage players wage bill by 0.5% and pay these people proper wages to attract quality 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

£40k per year for that role doesn’t seem a lot unless I’ve missed something.  Better than the under 23s manager job which from memory was advertised at £35k per year. 

Maybe reduce wage players wage bill by 0.5% and pay these people proper wages to attract quality 

I think the average wage for a player is less than £30k, so I imagine that salary for someone in an backroom type level may suffice.

Will be interesting to see how finances are indeed affected, not just because of COVID but also because of relegation from the WSL

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-women-trio-depart/

Jasmine Matthews, Yana Daniëls & Jemma Purfield have all left.

Jas & Yana originally left City to join Liverpool then rejoined a few years back. Yana is apparently rumoured to go back to Liverpool from what I've seen elsewhere, but not sure on the other two.

Feel sorry for Jemma, who last year left Liverpool, and has ended up playing for two clubs that both got relegated in subsequent seasons.

On 22/06/2021 at 16:20, shahanshahan said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-women-trio-depart/

Jasmine Matthews, Yana Daniëls & Jemma Purfield have all left.

Jas & Yana originally left City to join Liverpool then rejoined a few years back. Yana is apparently rumoured to go back to Liverpool from what I've seen elsewhere, but not sure on the other two.

Feel sorry for Jemma, who last year left Liverpool, and has ended up playing for two clubs that both got relegated in subsequent seasons.

Yana and Jasmine have both rejoined Liverpool again. 

• Sad 1

Question's finally be answered on where games will be next season.

City Women will be playing their games back in a Bristol postcode after a season away in Bath, albeit somewhere where public transport links aren't so great.

P.S. Bears women rugby team are also moving to the respective Bears High Performance Centre

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Question's finally be answered on where games will be next season.

City Women will be playing their games back in a Bristol postcode after a season away in Bath, albeit somewhere where public transport links aren't so great.

P.S. Bears women rugby team are also moving to the respective Bears High Performance Centre

That's literally all Twerton had going for it. And the station was further away from Twerton than Parkway is to WISE campus.

• Like 1

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/humphrey-departs-city-women/

Carla Humphrey announced as leaving the club after four years, "following the expiration of her current contract"

While I'm not surprised at another player leaving, it is strange considering last summer, she signed a two year contract. Must be a clause or the contract got terminated...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/humphrey-pens-new-robins-deal/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

While I'm not surprised at another player leaving, it is strange considering last summer, she signed a two year contract. Must be a clause or the contract got terminated...

It now says on the article
"The 24-year-old signed a one-year deal prior to the 2020/21 season with an option for a second, which was not activated by the player"

Then why say it was a two year deal in the first place!?

• Admin
2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/humphrey-departs-city-women/

Carla Humphrey announced as leaving the club after four years, "following the expiration of her current contract"

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/humphrey-pens-new-robins-deal/

No point going anymore

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

No point going anymore

At best, the fact the team has moved back to Bristol is a huge plus for me (no offence to Bath). I'm still curious as to what players will come in, but the club will need to be impressive in the window. The likes of Liverpool & Coventry United are already making waves with their signings!