IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

For anyone who is unsure who she is

image.png

What position does she play?

Rather than us turning this in to the usual 'will they swap shirts at the end of the game'? And, 'Cor, would love to know her stats...'

For those who do go and watch the ladies play, what can you tell us about the squad, players to look out for and all that sort of thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Went to 70% of games last season. Along with programme a drink and  a pie as it was free for season ticket holders. now £4 a ticket i wont be bovvering.

£4 doesn't exactly break the bank surely?

1 less pint a fortnight?.... oh yeah. Sod it!

1 hour ago, Judda said:

Me and my daughter will be going. She's an 11 year old, season ticket holder of 4 years, but got scared at the Swansea game nonsense and has panic attacks now and struggling to get back... could be perfect for her.

?⚽?

According to some on here the Swansea stuff was just banter and no harm done. Just goes to show doesn’t it. Hope your daughter is ok mate and that the morons don’t put her off. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Judda said:

Me and my daughter will be going. She's an 11 year old, season ticket holder of 4 years, but got scared at the Swansea game nonsense and has panic attacks now and struggling to get back... could be perfect for her.

?⚽?

I remember you mentioning that post Swansea.

All I can say is (and I'm not a parent by the way) talk to her about it and see how she feels. It could be a great experience for her, and a few trips to see the ladies team might just do the trick. I sure hope so, it would be a shame to lose a young fan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

According to some on here the Swansea stuff was just banter and no harm done. Just goes to show doesn’t it. Hope your daughter is ok mate and that the morons don’t put her off. 

In fairness I get the tribal shit. It's inbuilt from caveman days. No one intends to scar an already anxious child, they get caught up in a moment. It's just gutting for me and her... she'll recover but it'll be months or possibly years... hopefully the former!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhilC said:

I remember you mentioning that post Swansea.

All I can say is (and I'm not a parent by the way) talk to her about it and see how she feels. It could be a great experience for her, and a few trips to see the ladies team might just do the trick. I sure hope so, it would be a shame to lose a young fan.

Thanks for the kind words.... we've done loads of talking but unfortunately when a panic attack kicks in reasoning is impossible. Leaving is the only option... she'll always be a fan. Hopefully her season ticket won't be wasted!

8 minutes ago, Judda said:

In fairness I get the tribal shit. It's inbuilt from caveman days. No one intends to scar an already anxious child, they get caught up in a moment. It's just gutting for me and her... she'll recover but it'll be months or possibly years... hopefully the former!

Or you could save her a lifetime of pain by not taking her again! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interesting that the Vixens are going to play at the Gate again - but at three o'clock on Saturday it will naturally clash with the many other local games at that time. Surely some girls or their family members will be playing at the same time and so force a decision to be made. But I take this as a sign that the Women's game is ready to carve a niche out for itself - a bold and positive move.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Interesting that the Vixens are going to play at the Gate again - but at three o'clock on Saturday it will naturally clash with the many other local games at that time. Surely some girls or their family members will be playing at the same time and so force a decision to be made. But I take this as a sign that the Women's game is ready to carve a niche out for itself - a bold and positive move.

3pm Saturday is an issue? How is it an issue for those wanting to watch the womens game but not those who want to watch the mens?

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

No but there has been comments by female members on otib about male footballers looks etc. Surely that’s the same thing?

I’m pretty sure these male footballers can look after themselves and not have to worry about old women taking a fancy to them.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, shallow said:

It’s a shame. Although things have improved massively in recent years this kind of Neanderthal behaviour still haunts us. I hope she overcomes it. Kids change a lot as they grow older. It’s a shame some old Skool prat’s don’t.......

Cheers. She'll be ok in life, I'm sure. Just hope we can get back to watching games together again....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

My daughter plays for Ashton Girls. I'm gonna suggest moving training time and all the girls getting tickets. Great bonding for them too...

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

Are they playing all the women’s games at Ashton Gate this season or is it just this one? 

My 5 year old daughter has her first season ticket this year and she’s already asked me if there’s a girls team, so I might take her to see the women’s team. 

I always thought they played at SGS? Is that right? 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Are they playing all the women’s games at Ashton Gate this season or is it just this one? 

My 5 year old daughter has her first season ticket this year and she’s already asked me if there’s a girls team, so I might take her to see the women’s team. 

Think this is a one off. Other games will be at the SGS.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry said:

One off but I know there was talk of a back to back men's and women's game too... don't know whether it will happen though...

• Like 1