IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

3 hours ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

2-0 Harrison AGAIN - City playing very well today

Been impressed with Beever-Jones (on loan from Chelsea) 

You can see why she’s at Chelsea (on loan to us).  Didn’t see the opening 70+ today, got home just as she was putting us 3-0 up…took it very well.

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Murray at the back was superb. Also impressed by Kuyken the pivot in midfield - seemed to have an extra couple of seconds on the ball

Gave a debut at Ashton Gate to 17 year old Lily Greenslade.  They must think highly of her.

Murray is a rock at the back, and has helped settle Aspin in alongside her over a series of games.  They are building a good partnership.  Aspin is only 16 (July 2005), which is incredible really.

Kuyken has some really nice touches off either foot, from what I’ve seen of her she looks a bit one-paced though.

Lauren Smith building a good young team.  Imagine budget is very small, compared to some teams.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

2-0 Harrison AGAIN - City playing very well today

Been impressed with Beever-Jones (on loan from Chelsea) 

Harrison will not get the first goal, it was a cross which wasn't on target and put in net by Blackburn defender. 

Good solid performance today, long time since I've seen three goals at the gate for Bristol City. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Bard said:

Gave a debut at Ashton Gate to 17 year old Lily Greenslade.  They must think highly of her.

She hasn't turned pro yet, and is still a member of City's academy.

As such, I think that's why she was able to play for Rovers women's team, who since reforming are much lower down in the football pyramid (mind the gap, as they say). Must be some sort of dual agreement, but am hoping that she sticks with City when she can go pro!

https://www.bristolroverswomensfc.com/post/lily-greenslade-signs-for-bristol-rovers-women-s

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

She hasn't turned pro yet, and is still a member of City's academy.

As such, I think that's why she was able to play for Rovers women's team, who since reforming are much lower down in the football pyramid (mind the gap, as they say). Must be some sort of dual agreement, but am hoping that she sticks with City when she can go pro!

https://www.bristolroverswomensfc.com/post/lily-greenslade-signs-for-bristol-rovers-women-s

She's an age group England international. Be barking mad to sign for what is basically a non-league side. Good to play that level  at 17 to toughen her up a bit though. She absolutely did their defender when she was rugby tackled. 

• Like 1

Really good performance yesterday in front of an unaccustomed big crowd, and at the Gate too. The girls should be justly proud of the shift they put in.

They gave Blackburn plenty to deal with and were comfortably in charge for much of the game. Agree with the others about the stirling work by Kuyken, who firmly took the central role after skipper Aimee Palmer was ruled out by injury and ran the middle of the park. Also missing was Layzell at the back and I thought Brooke Aspin played beyond her age, helped by the commanding Murray. A solid looking centreback partnership in the making.

Up front Harrison was holding up and spinning in behind well, as usual. Beever-Jones also sparkled on both flanks; her low shot was only parried for Harrison but took her goal well when it came her way.

All in all, a great day for the club. I just hope that the team is able to keep building like this and perhaps a shot at promotion is not so far off. However, if Harrison and Murray maintain their impressive displays I wonder if the big teams will come sniffing. On to Wednesday!

Edited by Erithacus
typo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Murray is a rock at the back, and has helped settle Aspin in alongside her over a series of games.  They are building a good partnership.  Aspin is only 16 (July 2005), which is incredible really.

I was at the last game vs Sheffield United, and there were a couple of blokes sat behind me discussing Aspin. From what I heard, she was offered a contract to join Chelsea in the summer, but her Dad (a big City fan by all accounts) convinced her to stay at City as she would be better off getting gametime in a good 2nd Div team than back I Chelsea's academy/reserves. I'm not certain he expected her to get this much gametime or to play this well though!

If a team like Chelsea are after her though it just shows what a player she is.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

I was at the last game vs Sheffield United, and there were a couple of blokes sat behind me discussing Aspin. From what I heard, she was offered a contract to join Chelsea in the summer, but her Dad (a big City fan by all accounts) convinced her to stay at City as she would be better off getting gametime in a good 2nd Div team than back I Chelsea's academy/reserves. I'm not certain he expected her to get this much gametime or to play this well though!

If a team like Chelsea are after her though it just shows what a player she is.

Interesting to hear that. Well I'm hoping when she turns pro, that City can retain her if possible.

Speaking of Chelsea, it will be interesting to see if Aggie Beever-Jones does return once her loan ends, if she doesn't stay or go elsewhere...

Club have just announced that next game at Ashton Gate is against Liverpool on Sunday April 3rd....

REMAINING (HOME) FIXTURES*

• Wednesday, November 17th (7.30pm): v Lewes (FA Continental Cup, Robins High Performance Centre)
  • Sunday, January 9th (3pm): v Coventry United (FA Championship, Robins High Performance Centre)
  • Sunday, January 23d (3pm): v Charlton Athletic (FA Championship, Robins High Performance Centre)
  • Sunday, February 6th (3pm): v Crystal Palace (FA Championship, Robins High Performance Centre)
  • Sunday, March 13th (3pm): v Watford (FA Championship, Robins High Performance Centre)
  • Sunday, April 3rd (3pm): v Liverpool (FA Championship, Ashton Gate)
  • Sunday, April 24th (3pm): v London City Lionesses (FA Championship, High Performance Centre)

*Does not include any Conti Cup knockout games (TBC) or Women's FA Cup games (also TBC)

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Bard said:

She's an age group England international. Be barking mad to sign for what is basically a non-league side. Good to play that level  at 17 to toughen her up a bit though. She absolutely did their defender when she was rugby tackled. 

South-West-League-Table-Post-Frampton-October-2021.png

I think it's fair to say that Bristol Rovers Women don't necessarily play in the most taxing of leagues. Fair play to Frampton Rangers Ladies for giving them a run for their money i suppose.

Daughter managed to get free tickets through her school. Her first ever live sports event and to be honest I didn't think she would really enjoy it.

After a few minutes where she looked lost, and unsure she gradually got into things, started cheering, and giving players her own nicknames to recognise them by....

By the end of the match she was loving it, and turned around to ask when we are coming again.

So well done to the club, a new unexpected convert, who is going to the next home match. albeit out of our own pocket ?

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Does anyone know what platform we can watch todays game on ? It is sadly not listed on FA Player

Game's not being streamed, sadly. Better reason for me being there!

Today's team. Kick off at 3pm.

Follow the club, or Vixencast, on Twitter, for updates. I'll try post here as well...FEuLAwoWYAchXjW?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1