IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

While Liverpool did draw against Charlton today in their rescheduled game, this now leaves them with 43 points & extends their gap above City to eight points (who are on 35).

And in terms about ex-City players, there is Melissa Lawley, plus the three of Jasmine Matthews, Yana Daniels & Carla Humphrey who decided to follow Matt Beard when he rejoined Liverpool last year.

Third in the table is Durham on 30 points, who drew 0-0 with Lewes today, and fourth are London City Lionesses on 29 after a shock loss to Watford.

Also worth noting that we still have an extra game to play...

On 18/03/2022 at 23:03, shahanshahan said:

Coventry United are now out of the FA Cup after losing 4-0 to Arsenal in the quarter final tonight. This means our remaining home game against Coventry Utd can go ahead sooner. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Currently travelling North in the Swansea City team coach, that seems odd

Yep. Ellen Davies; the club's Strength & Conditioning Coach; shared it on her Instagram story (which has been grabbed and uploaded to Vixencast Twitter).

Can understand using a coach from elsewhere with Bristol Sport, but I'm surprised that a coach from another club is being used! City men aren't playing this weekend so I have no idea why a City-branded coach isn't being used

11 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Yep. Ellen Davies; the club's Strength & Conditioning Coach; shared it on her Instagram story (which has been grabbed and uploaded to Vixencast Twitter).

Can understand using a coach from elsewhere with Bristol Sport, but I'm surprised that a coach from another club is being used! City men aren't playing this weekend so I have no idea why a City-branded coach isn't being used

Turners also provide the team coach for Swansea so that explains where it's come from but perhaps slightly surprising they didn't go for one of their other coaches unless there was some last minute fault or suchlike. 

• Like 1

Squad for today. KO 12.30pm, live on FA Player.

Brooke Aspin is away with the Lionesses youth squad so is missing for today's game...

I won't be able to watch the game as I'm on my way to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to watch Bristol Bears take on Saracens...

Edited by shahanshahan

Just watched bits of it. Think we can be thankful we won’t get promoted as we’d get stuffed every week in the Premier. 

Big pitch where we could’ve strut our stuff. We didn’t turn up and to be brutally honest, looked like a bunch of disorganised show ponies.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Really disappointing performance second half.  Beever-Jones had their RB on toast first half but didn’t see the ball second half.  Shame.

I only caught most of the second half, and, for a change, the quality was absolutely terrible. I guess they're allowed a bad game once in a while. Pity it has basically ended their slim Championship hopes (but "never say never" right?) The one player that did her job well though was Satara Murray, and I felt a bit sorry for Abi Harrision.

• Like 1

Here is as good as anywhere, but over 90k fans watching Barcelona W v Real Madrid W tonight, a new world record for a womens match, and I have to say a really good atmosphere. Priced better than the same mens match and a bigger crowd.

Certainly growing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Here is as good as anywhere, but over 90k fans watching Barcelona W v Real Madrid W tonight, a new world record for a womens match, and I have to say a really good atmosphere. Priced better than the same mens match and a bigger crowd.

Certainly growing.

And to think Barcelona came to Ashton Gate in 2014 & got knocked out of the Women's Champion's League...

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1

It has crossed my mind more than once that Lauren Smith is due for some genuine appreciation of what she has achieved at the club. Maybe even coach of the season award? One season almost complete and the team has really transformed from a dismal relegation, massive change of the roster and now has real talent and flair. Her stock has risen high and hopefully she will continue next season.

• Like 4