IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

• Admin
1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Why do I have the feeling the bad decisions from the mens game won't have been learnt and all this will do is see a wider gap then already seen between the top clubs and the rest?

The pyramid in womens football is much different to the mens game, if anything it is closer to Rugby Union in that there is essentially only one league

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

The pyramid in womens football is much different to the mens game, if anything it is closer to Rugby Union in that there is essentially only one league

Was more talking about within the mens PL itself as one division, the gap created between the top 4 initially, it took a decade for that to turn into a big 5 and then a few more years for Tottenham to be included, its taken almost 20 years for the likes of Leicester to look like they may be able to consistently finish in that top 6. The womens game has a real opportunity here to create a more equal top division as theres already signs of the biggest few pulling away to uncatchable levels.

2 hours ago, woodsy62 said:

The only problem for city is West Ham and villa have to play each other twice so one or both will definitely gain points

Villa's next few WSL games are against Chelsea & Everton, and West Ham's are against Man Utd & Reading.

Villa v West Ham games will be close, like Birmingham v West Ham last week was (2-2 draw).

Speaking of Birmingham, this Sunday's game with City will now be back at their home ground in Solihull...

https://bcfc.com/news/articles/2021/venue-confirmed-blues-women-v-bristol-city/

• Admin
9 hours ago, Slacker said:

I have been really impressed in all the games that I have seen Sophie play in.I know results have not been good this season,but I think that would be a lot worse with a different keeper.

Along with Ebony Salmon, the club will do well to hold onto both those players going forward

One change in line-up; Charlie Wellings (who was missing last week for unknown reasons (great communication from the club!?)) returns and replaces Flo Allen in the line-up.

Kick off 4pm; live on FA Player. I'll be watching this while trying to keep an eye out on the F1 at the same time and the England game kicking off at 5pm. COYR

Pic.jpg

Edited by shahanshahan

29 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I’m sure relative size must be a big factor here. I wonder how competent male keepers would look if the goals were a foot higher and a yard wider?

I have commented on this before. I saw a television programme about 15 years ago where they took into account the average height of a keeper when football first started compared to the goal size. Since then the average size of a keeper has increased tremendously. They then increased the size of goals pro rata to the height of the current average size of keepers. The goal sizes were tremendous.

They then played a game using semi pros and to start with the style of play was as is now until as half time approached the players cottoned onto how large the goals now we're and they started bombing in shots from all over the field realising the keepers now had higher and wider goals to defend. Can't remember the score but plenty of goals were scored and keepers left floundering.

• Like 1

The Blues wear blue/white, we wear purple/lime? Seems an easy one to confuse over blue against red. But that's what the ref has called - let's hope there's no need to complain about it afterwards.

A repeat of the same fixture from thirteen months ago will do nicely.

Just now, Matty Taylors a Red said:

Anyone know the legal situation around permanently replacing Oxtoby during/after her maternity leave? Beard has proved to be vastly superior, if he wants the job surely it’s got to be his?

Its a bit of a tricky one isn't it.

Decent half that, enjoyed it.

Massive contrast from earlier in the season. We have a shape, decent control, sharp passing, strong in the tackle and belief. What a transformation! 

Need three points here desperately. Critical 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

A decent result, but a win would have been better. Equaliser from ex-Vixen Murray.

Now third from bottom, a point ahead of Villa and two ahead of the Hammers. Both have two games in hand though and more importantly they play each other twice before the end of the season. It's going to be a close one.

• Like 1