IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

• Admin
59 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Highlights are now out, if anyone that wasn't at the game wants to see how it really unfolded...

Also, Southampton ended up being drawn against a fellow side in their league...Ipswich Town

Out of interest where in the pyramid are Southampton in comparison to us? 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Out of interest where in the pyramid are Southampton in comparison to us? 

Southern Premier which is next league down (3rd tier). They along with Ipswich are very good teams at this level and vying for promotion to the women's  Championship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, phantom said:

I see Sophie Baggaley finally got to play for United tonight, see got sent off for professional foul outside the area 

Yep, she's usually their goalkeeper for when United are in cup games. Didn't know she got sent off; all I heard was that Chelsea beat them & they'll face the winners of Man City & Spurs from tonight's semi-final. Had I not already had plans tonight while here in Manchester, I'd have attended it as a neutral

Back at the HPC today; for the only home game in February, with three away games following this.
After travelling all the way to Blackpool & back yesterday, I'm still heading down to watch City get the three points against Crystal Palace.

As it's a home game, for those that can't make it, it is once again on Robins TV, Facebook, and YouTube:

19 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Shahan, Seriously 'HATS OFF TO YOU' - I really admire your support to Bristol City (Mens & Girls) and indeed Bristol Sport 

Blackpool yesterday and HPC today, do you EVER have time to work or even go home ???? 

Thank you. I work Monday to Friday! And as for Bristol Sport, I don't support the Flyers but that's because I'm not really into basketball

Back to winning ways, and didn't give Palace much of a sniff on a blustery day. Good performances throughout which were helped by early strikes.

Have to say I thought the midfiled was almost entirely Aimee Plamer's zone; agree with the thought that she could do with a little more support as there weren't many short passes on at times. Maybe Kukyen?

A tad disappointing to see a smaller crowd today - maybe the weather was unappealing or they are still in Blackpool.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed the game today albeit it was sooooooooooooo cold, then it rained and for a while, the sun came out and was in my eyes!! (Stop grumbling - Ed).

Agree with Erithacus, Aimee Palmer was great today. In addition, Satara Murray was nearly back to her best too and for me, that was the best game I've seen Mel Johnson have. She had the right back on toast several times & with luck and more accurate finishing, she could have had two or three goals herself. Abi was Abi and could have had more, credit to the Palace keeper for keeping the score down. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Parkwaymom said:

Enjoying the regular appearance of a microfibre cloth. Yesterday the mens game on Robins TV could have done with a bit of that. 

Arguably yesterday it would have been better for the microfibre cloth just to be draped over the lens so we could not see!

Nice to see the women's team back to winning ways today

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Really enjoyed the game today albeit it was sooooooooooooo cold, then it rained and for a while, the sun came out and was in my eyes!! (Stop grumbling - Ed).

Agree with Erithacus, Aimee Palmer was great today. In addition, Satara Murray was nearly back to her best too and for me, that was the best game I've seen Mel Johnson have. She had the right back on toast several times & with luck and more accurate finishing, she could have had two or three goals herself. Abi was Abi and could have had more, credit to the Palace keeper for keeping the score down. 

Agree about Johnson…she glides, not sure she sprints, but she is so quick.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Back to winning ways, and didn't give Palace much of a sniff on a blustery day. Good performances throughout which were helped by early strikes.

Have to say I thought the midfiled was almost entirely Aimee Plamer's zone; agree with the thought that she could do with a little more support as there weren't many short passes on at times. Maybe Kukyen?

A tad disappointing to see a smaller crowd today - maybe the weather was unappealing or they are still in Blackpool.

Unfortunately the weather up on Failand can be unappealing for much of the season. I've been up a couple of times and the forecast was a significant factor in choosing to watch the game from the sofa.

Mel Johnson is quick but she is also very good a moving defenders about to create space for others. Sometimes she doesn't see that much of the ball, but the team looks better when she plays. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

Unfortunately the weather up on Failand can be unappealing for much of the season. I've been up a couple of times and the forecast was a significant factor in choosing to watch the game from the sofa.

Mel Johnson is quick but she is also very good a moving defenders about to create space for others. Sometimes she doesn't see that much of the ball, but the team looks better when she plays. 

I like it when she plays closer to Abi Harrison, an option short and long then.

• Like 1