IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Good to see the awards after and perhaps it will shine a light on the coaches, backroom staff and others who put the season in order. All in all it's been a good and encouraging season at the HPC.

So it was pretty cool to take part in the presentations. This was an awesome moment...

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, just posted similar on the "Ashton's Neglect" thread!

Just read it. He’s been helping Lauren Smith too - but of mentoring.

Some might think it’s irrelevant, but I think it shows up Nige is a very good light.

• Like 2

Never heard a city manager talk about the womens team before. It’s encouraging that Nige is buying in to the whole club. 

Hopefully he can lead us all on to the right path. Might make a change from the suit’s steering us into oblivion  

• Like 1

Abi Harrison officially confirmed as Championship golden boot winner. Although she didn't score today, neither did Leanne Kiernan for Liverpool who was the closest to her.

17 league goals; 21 overall. Andi Weimann wins the overall Bristol City golden boot race then as he's on 22 so far.

Edited by shahanshahan

Looking at the final table in the cold light of day and it's not been a bad season back in the second tier. Factor in the fallout of the previous relegation, with the turnover of players and coaches then it's better still. I think a lot of credit must be taken by the players and staff at the club for their efforts this time.

Looking further, we need to see how many players are not going to return for next season (a few loanees and retirements), plus hoping that the club will acquire some more talent (ideally from the academy) and we may plan for an improvement.

All in all it's been good to watch this team grow and I hope that success will soon be within our grasp - especially with Abi H on the books!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Looking further, we need to see how many players are not going to return for next season (a few loanees and retirements), plus hoping that the club will acquire some more talent (ideally from the academy) and we may plan for an improvement.

With the many additions this season; it wasn't always announced how long their contracts for; especially as one-season contracts are still common in women's football.

That being said, Satara Murray has posted on her Instagram that she appears to be leaving.
Club haven't confirmed it yet, but will be a huge miss if this is the case

When she was first announced, there was no mention of how long her contract was
https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/murray-is-a-robin/
FRwCrRgXEAUp_mu?format=jpg&name=large

24 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

@shahanshahan you're obviously free to post what you want but how come this thread is mainly you posting over and over again?

Do you have a role within the club with the womens team e.g press officer or just a keen fan?

Genuine question

Thanks for the question.

Nope, just a genuine fan, and I don't work for the club. Been a fan of the City men's team since the 2000s (hence my profile pic being with Scott Murray from 2008), and discovered the women's team that way. Was also interesting for me anyway to see a City team play in a top division (the WSL), as I wasn't even born when City men were in the old First Division (I'm 33).

I joined the Supporters Club & Trust board in January 2020 with my main duty to represent the interests of City Women fans, but as a fan of the men's team too I also discuss with the board on matters affecting all sets of supporters. I also help out with the social media hence why the SC&T has had more of an online presence. If you look at my username, it has "ST Board Member" underneath it 

I initially joined OTIB in February 2021 to promote the Vixencast, a fan podcast that I joined that season, however also realised that this particular thread didn't have regular updates. I do comment on posts regarding the men's team & games too, but mostly if someone else hasn't already said what I was going to say already (which is rare). It's great to see other users on here post on this thread, so am glad the conversation is continuing.

I started writing for the OTIB Fanzine this season about the women's team, to help spread the word - especially as the team are playing back in Bristol after a season away in Bath. Again, I could also comment about the men's team, but there is nothing new I could write which none of the other writers have already done so.

I also appear occasionally on Sound of the City with Geoff Twentyman to talk about the women's team. I could also talk about the men's team but as of yet I've yet to be asked!

Whether it's the men, women, or academy, I support the club & the badge. I am glad that there's been more of an integration between both teams, and a "one club" mentality from the club, but I feel that fans can also get involved in that way.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Satara Murray has posted on her Instagram that she appears to be leaving.

That would be a huge loss if she is off. A solid and capable centreback who reads the game so well, it will be difficult to replace her. Another worry I have over replacing is Fran Bentley (she is a Man U loanee and has been passed around several clubs before arriving at the HPC). Thankfully we appear to have the services of Abi Harrison again. I dare say we will be given the word in due time as I suspect the women's side of the club moves in different ways in the close season.

In a completely topic, I note that Newcastle Utd women played their first game at St James's Park recently. Although still a couple of tiers below City, they had 22,000 turn up.

• Like 1