IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

• Admin
13 hours ago, Erithacus said:

It has crossed my mind more than once that Lauren Smith is due for some genuine appreciation of what she has achieved at the club. Maybe even coach of the season award? One season almost complete and the team has really transformed from a dismal relegation, massive change of the roster and now has real talent and flair. Her stock has risen high and hopefully she will continue next season.

Great shout

If we hadn't started the season so badly this weekends game would have been a title decider

Sets us up well for next season as Birmingham coming down from the top division are nowhere near our standard

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Erithacus said:

It has crossed my mind more than once that Lauren Smith is due for some genuine appreciation of what she has achieved at the club. Maybe even coach of the season award? One season almost complete and the team has really transformed from a dismal relegation, massive change of the roster and now has real talent and flair. Her stock has risen high and hopefully she will continue next season.

She did sign a full three-year contract until 2024 a few months ago. Not bad considering she was initially the remaining maternity cover for Tanya Oxtoby

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Great shout

If we hadn't started the season so badly this weekends game would have been a title decider

Sets us up well for next season as Birmingham coming down from the top division are nowhere near our standard

I wasn't at the opening game away to Crystal Palace, but to lose 3-4 in the fashion that City did was a learning curve.

Also, Liverpool lost that weekend as well, 1-0 at home to London City Lionesses!

If Birmingham do indeed get relegated, it will be interesting to see what happens behind the scenes over the summer. They announced that they'll still be playing all their home games at St Andrews. which has had a mixed reaction to their supporters (that I know of)!

58 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Club have announced that over 5000 tickets have now been sold for Sunday's game. Already going to be most attended home game for City Women & the FAWC, but this is even better

That's great news, can't wait for Sunday. Think my biggest challenge will be to remember the game's at AG and not to sail on up the hill to Failand.... ?

• Haha 1

There seems a huge interest in this match. I’m guessing there will be a lot more families, parents and kids than there normally is? I’ve only ever been to one women’s match, that was a few years ago when an international match was played at AG. The rain was horrendous and I just remember all the hooter things blown by the kids. 

33 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Probably too late now, I guess there will be PotD though. Would be funny if the Women's team managed a higher attendance than one of Mighty gAss's games. I don't think they have dropped below 6k, but only just, women are about to have 5k at the next game, fair play to them.

88789339_Screenshot2022-04-01at13_36_42.png.c36d30e73aff2113a279047f835726ea.png

Fair play.

I see they've now opened up the corner of the south stand and ticket site says 'last few' tickets available. I imagine there will be a fair few scousers in attendance. I was thinking of going, but an still testing positive for Covid. I'm sure I have a code for 50% off and I know the advance prices are lower than POTD, so applying those discounts gets a £3.50 adult ticket, which would be £10 for POTD, so if you're thinking of going best get a ticket now :).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedM said:

There seems a huge interest in this match. I’m guessing there will be a lot more families, parents and kids than there normally is? I’ve only ever been to one women’s match, that was a few years ago when an international match was played at AG. The rain was horrendous and I just remember all the hooter things blown by the kids. 

Yep, women's football in general seems to be more family friendly. Sometimes I think it can be "too nice" but there's nothing hostile/toxic, at least from what I can tell.

I was there at that match you were referring to. England v Bosnia & Herzogivna in a Euro 2017 qualifier match. Ashton Gate was still being redeveloped. England won 2-0!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Fair play.

I see they've now opened up the corner of the south stand and ticket site says 'last few' tickets available. I imagine there will be a fair few scousers in attendance. I was thinking of going, but an still testing positive for Covid. I'm sure I have a code for 50% off and I know the advance prices are lower than POTD, so applying those discounts gets a £3.50 adult ticket, which would be £10 for POTD, so if you're thinking of going best get a ticket now :).

I can't make a decision until Sunday, this is when PotD prices stop people going.

I think Liverpool did a deal on travel, s there will definitely be some of theirs there.

42 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I can't make a decision until Sunday, this is when PotD prices stop people going.

I think Liverpool did a deal on travel, s there will definitely be some of theirs there.

Pity mate.

Should make for a great atmosphere. Be nice to see the shell suits, curly perms and taches. And I expect they'll be taking lots of pictures of our tractors.

• Haha 1

Just saw the highlights from the El Classico on Football Focus in front of an Incredible 90k fans.........out of the 7 goals, a decent keeper would have saved 5 of them.  I am all for women's football, and long may it prosper.  But i could never pay to watch it, as it will never, and can never match the men's game.    Technically it is very good, but the lack of physicallity, sheer oomph and decent goalkeepers just leaves me bored. In the top men's games, a goal has to be worked for, whereas a half decent  long distance lob in the women's game, and your 1 up?  

9 hours ago, maxjak said:

Just saw the highlights from the El Classico on Football Focus in front of an Incredible 90k fans.........out of the 7 goals, a decent keeper would have saved 5 of them.  I am all for women's football, and long may it prosper.  But i could never pay to watch it, as it will never, and can never match the men's game.    Technically it is very good, but the lack of physicallity, sheer oomph and decent goalkeepers just leaves me bored. In the top men's games, a goal has to be worked for, whereas a half decent  long distance lob in the women's game, and your 1 up?  

Harsh but true it's the same with all other sports though, but if you accept the short comings and accept that it can never be as fast or strong I still enjoy watching women compete against each other in football athletics rugby etc, yes it's not as athletic or fast how could it be but that does not mean it can't be enjoyed for the sheer spectacle of competition between equals. Looking forward to our girls game against Liverpool tomorrow and hope they do us proud, I think it's on the FA player. 

Edited by pillred
Add comment
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Random question

Can I use my City (mens) season ticket for a discount in the ground today? 

Not sure. Think there was an offer for men's season ticket holders, when a code should have been sent to everyone for an advance purchase.

You can always ask at the ticket office...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Random question

Can I use my City (mens) season ticket for a discount in the ground today? 

You should have been emailed a code for 50% off. This has to be done online I believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

Not sure. Think there was an offer for men's season ticket holders, when a code should have been sent to everyone for an advance purchase.

You can always ask at the ticket office...

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

You should have been emailed a code for 50% off. This has to be done online I believe.

Yep, it was LIVERPOOL50. I got two adult tickets yesterday for £7 total. The POTD adult price is £10. Strangely online tickets still seem available - saving £6.50 on POTD pricing.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

Never got it

In the ground, answer is yes we can use our season ticket for the usual discount at the bar

Sorry I think I misunderstood your initial question, I thought you were asking if you could get today’s match tickets with a discount from having a BCFC ST. Glad you are sorted.

• Like 1