IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

13 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Interesting that the Vixens are going to play at the Gate again - but at three o'clock on Saturday it will naturally clash with the many other local games at that time. Surely some girls or their family members will be playing at the same time and so force a decision to be made. But I take this as a sign that the Women's game is ready to carve a niche out for itself - a bold and positive move.

Girls league is on Sundays. My daughter plays for the same team as Judda's so they'll be able to watch. Saturdays make much more sense than Sundays...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I’m pretty sure these male footballers can look after themselves and not have to worry about old women taking a fancy to them.

And women can't look after themselves from a reasonably innocent message on an online forum, got it. 

Next time you see someone calling one of the male players attractive or worth the entry price alone I'll expect to see you telling that person the same.

Calm down, that's somebody's son, nothing else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

.....or someone's Grandad 

But your point earlier was men can protect themselves against "old women taking a fancy to them"...

Can these women not protect themselves to "old men taking a fancy to them"?

54 minutes ago, TBW said:

But your point earlier was men can protect themselves against "old women taking a fancy to them"...

Can these women not protect themselves to "old men taking a fancy to them"?

I just find it strange that someone would pay to attend a women's football match just to look at one of the players.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I just find it strange that someone would pay to attend a women's football match just to look at one of the players.

I think it was more tongue in cheek than actually serious about going just for that. More a bonus that one of them particularly is easy on the eye as well.

18 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Yet in it's previous popular era, about 100 years ago, it was well known and accepted that the sometimes large crowds women's football attracted were mostly there for that very reason. In those days even the flash of a lady's ankle was rare so to see so much female flesh on display was a big attraction to the mainly male crowds. It was no secret and not thought of as in any way unhealthy or strange, quite the opposite.

That's changed these days, of course. With women less covered up in daily life that aspect of women's football is less of an attraction for men, hence the women's game is mostly geared towards attracting female fans with coach loads of tickets given free to girl's schools etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yet in it's previous popular era, about 100 years ago, it was well known and accepted that the sometimes large crowds women's football attracted were mostly there for that very reason. In those days even the flash of a lady's ankle was rare so to see so much female flesh on display was a big attraction to the mainly male crowds. It was no secret and not thought of as in any way unhealthy or strange, quite the opposite.

That's changed these days, of course. With women less covered up in daily life that aspect of women's football is less of an attraction for men, hence the women's game is mostly geared towards attracting female fans with coach loads of tickets given free to girl's schools etc.

:laugh:

Really?

One imagines the whole crowd to look something like this:

hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpgb230fd4810a78309f7a79e157227c75a.jpgScreen+Shot+2018-09-01+at+12.06.03+pm.pn

See our City women thrashed again 6-1, after a being a goal up. GD now -28 from just 11 games.

A bit off reading that the Man.Utd women's manager says the WSL needs Liverpool (currently bottom) to not be relegated as they want the 'big name' to help promote the WSL, essentially inferring let's get rid of Bristol City instead. City women's next game is against Liverpool, so a crucial one for them to win.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I think one thread for all WSL related discussions would be a good idea 

Dare think people want to talk about women's football you dinosaur....your views are out of touch. Put the women all in one thread and brush them under the carpet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Dare think people want to talk about women's football you dinosaur....your views are out of touch. Put the women all in one thread and brush them under the carpet. 

I agree it makes sense to separate. If anything, to bring focus to their game, rathe than it being drowned and falling to the bottom of the page in minutes. 

My son plays for West Brom in the National Powerchair Football League. They receive direct support from the club and wear their shirts and use their training facility. Do I expect them to be discussed on West Brom's forum? Not really. 

Edited by CotswoldRed
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I think one thread for all WSL related discussions would be a good idea 

It was clearly titled. If you're not interested don't read it. Some of us are interested so we read it and don't want the thread derailed by this every time...

• Like 5