IGNORED

Shrewsbury Safe Standing

Cardy

Just noticed on their ground guide that they are one of the very few clubs to have an approved safe standing area. Are there other British clubs out there or are they unique - atleast in terms of teams that we have played?

On a different note - is it sit where you like in the Away end on a Tuesday night - what’s the protocol these days?

1 minute ago, Cardy said:

Just noticed on their ground guide that they are one of the very few clubs to have an approved safe standing area. Are there other British clubs out there or are they unique - atleast in terms of teams that we have played?

On a different note - is it sit where you like in the Away end on a Tuesday night - what’s the protocol these days?

Rovers have safe standing in most areas of their ground. 
It’s a simple format...

Only ever half fill it and nobody is in any danger..! 

• SC&T Board Members

Yep, Shrewsbury are currently the only club in England or Wales to have a safe standing area fitted with rail seats.

Spurs and Wolves have fitted rail seats, but are not allowed to formally operate those areas as standing, as their grounds are governed by the all-seater policy (of course, everyone in those areas stands anyway).

Shrewsbury are not covered by the all-seater policy, so were able to fit rail seats AND operate that area as a formal standing area.

Several rows looking left.JPG

Close up along the row.jpg

Looking over the rails at the goal.JPG

On 12/01/2020 at 22:01, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Blagdon red is often a good source for this. 

I believe that this is part of a pilot scheme of some description, testing feasibility etc. It had crowd funding of some sort and if successful it could bode well for safe standing. 

Happy to be corrected!

I see Shrewsbury have sold approx 4800 tickets & us approx 1300.... This is going to remind me of Cambridge Utd all those years ago. Hopefully with a better result!!

On 12/01/2020 at 21:31, Cardy said:

We're Bristol City, we sit where we want :)

15 hours ago, Cardy said:

I see Shrewsbury have sold approx 4800 tickets & us approx 1300.... This is going to remind me of Cambridge Utd all those years ago. Hopefully with a better result!!

….luckily they dont have a 'Dion Dublin' type in their ranks (I hope!) 

Difficult conditions are a great leveller though, wind, rain, heavy pitch etc -so hopefully we'll have half a chance!  

47 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

….luckily they dont have a 'Dion Dublin' type in their ranks (I hope!) 

Difficult conditions are a great leveller though, wind, rain, heavy pitch etc -so hopefully we'll have half a chance!  

I remember being so gutted, we beat Chelsea 3-1 (what a game), draw with Cambridge at home and get smashed in the replay, we should have made the Semi’s really especially as we had such a good team, ah well

Archived