IGNORED

Ben Garner (Rovers Manager) Family Illness

View from the Dolman

**** the sags but the pressure these managers willingly place themselves under to do their jobs should get some admiration. Almost every single football managers job will end in failure and the best most can hope for is delaying that for as long as possible. We tend to forget they are normal people with normal lives away from the game. 

I hope the family illness is nothing too serious and who ever it is makes a full and complete recovery. 

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Makes all the angry Sagheads on their forum absolutely slating him last night for not doing a post match interview look like right BERKS!

Not the bestest fans in the whole world then?

Anyway, forget that small bunch of deluded fools, the important thing is the blokes family member gets better.

:facepalm:

Well, if this is genuine, then I hope BG’s family member recovers fully from whatever is ailing them and perhaps then he can come back and sort out the team and their performances.
However, if the last few years have taught me anything, it is to view a lot of the information that comes out of the club with a healthy degree of skepticism . . .

6 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Well, if this is genuine, then I hope BG’s family member recovers fully from whatever is ailing them and perhaps then he can come back and sort out the team and their performances.
However, if the last few years have taught me anything, it is to view a lot of the information that comes out of the club with a healthy degree of skepticism . . .

There`s a couple on there saying it`s basically a conspiracy. TBF the rest are shouting them down in no uncertain terms.

I wish nothing but good health to BG and his family, but it seems all abit fishy to me. First top job, yet to win, didn’t fi the post match presser yesterday, and on top of that thousands of Sags booing towards him.Feeling it already maybe?

3 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

You can’t blame them, to be fair. 

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That is dreadful news. I hope and pray she pulls through.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to take posts relating to this out of this thread and put them in a new one. It doesn`t seem right for them to be here.

I agree, it should be a separate post where we can show our support for him at this difficult time away from the less important business of mick taking.

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That is dreadful news. I hope and pray she pulls through.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to take posts relating to this out of this thread and put them in a new one. It doesn`t seem right for them to be here.

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I agree, it should be a separate post where we can show our support for him at this difficult time away from the less important business of mick taking.

@TomF @phantom @Dollymarie could one of you sort this please? I can`t see anyone who has posted their good wishes having an issue with them being moved to a dedicated thread. 

9 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

**** the sags but the pressure these managers willingly place themselves under to do their jobs should get some admiration. Almost every single football managers job will end in failure and the best most can hope for is delaying that for as long as possible. We tend to forget they are normal people with normal lives away from the game. 

I hope the family illness is nothing too serious and who ever it is makes a full and complete recovery. 

Most people don't realise how hard it can be. New manager brought in? You'll probably lose your job. You'll have to relocate to the other side of the country if you do manage to get another job, and then you might only be there for a couple of years before a manager comes in who wants to have his own people around him. Not a career path for the feint hearted.

Archived